All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has been busy as at 8:15 this morning the phone number was its usual size with no text under now they have stretched it out

"Our price" is an odd 1 - could it be that is what the "start price" was before today's changes?

Whatever 'Our Price' relates to it clearly bears no resemblance to true value.

Is that some kind of joke? Our price £6 you can have it for just 2p + £7.99 P&P so it's costing more than its worth

This is what it was

Our Price:£ 6.00
Bid From:£ 0.01
UK P&P £7.99

4PK Magnetic Contact Alarms

Key features

Door and Window Open Alarm can be installed directly on any door or window without additional wires. Fix the alarm unit to the edge of a door or window and the magnetic bar to the door or window frame.

Good to know

Easy tool-free installation to window or door;
Mounted using double-sided adhesive tape (included)
Magnetic sensor switch detects entry protecting home or office
Three 1.5V button cell batteries, INCLUDED
Pack of 4 sensors for two windows or doors
90 DP plus at 3 ft. sound level

Measurements
6.50 cm x 4

No. of items : 4
Torque settings : N/A
Case included : No

http://www.price-drop.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=5583650&Cat=0&Sub=0&Type=Other

I don't think they have thought this through at all. If it's an expensive item it looks impressive but this or a £5 car screen protector can't be a bargain if your paying more than it's originally worth in P&P alone

http://www.price-drop.tv/Windscreen....aspx?Id=5583581&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories

Last edited:
I saw earlier when chef jack was on with ben demoing the pans on bottom of screen it said the pans are usually £120 on their ch umm LIE!

May have been on bid that but their still lying about prices!

They seem to be selling out now with the fashion items

I've got my first buyer in but we need 5 more to secure it for you, don't let the price go too low though as everyone misses out, we need team work here

I've got my first buyer in but we need 5 more to secure it for you, don't let the price go too low though as everyone misses out, we need team work here

You couldn't make it up. Unbelievable.

Farr is telling people to "help each other".

I'm gobsmacked!

Some early feedback on Perfume Pete's facebook page

Hi Peter, what is happening to the shopping channels? Just turned on to the New Price Drop. Glad to see that the phone calls are now free but the postage charges are terrible, they now have only a very small limited amount of items and if they don't all sell then no one gets the item they have phoned in for. Not good, get back to the old way. Sorry to put this on your page but know other people will see this and maybe respond.

Thats mad what's the point in phoning in for something if u don't end up with it waste of time also p and p has gone up again just tuned into ideal world and one of bid tv presenters is on there selling a Hoover lol everyone's leaving sit up

Bring back the old pricedrop they are going to lose a whole lot of viewers i know its not your fault peter but its no good now

It's complete and utter shambles! I don't like it one bit. Relying on other viewers to come in and get it too otherwise you don't get it, waste of time if you ask me, And who's great idea was that? I for one won't be shopping on price drop anymore. P&P is atrocious as well. Get back to the drawing board directors or you will have no people shopping with you anymore!!

I have spent a lot of money over the last 6 years on pricedrop and bid but i wont be shopping there any more only watch u peter as u are my fav presenter x

What's the point I def won't be shopping from there any more unless they bring back the old bid and price drop think ur gonna lose a lot of customers which is a shame :((

1 person simply said Madness!

on price drop's facebook page

What ever have you done, people with out a landline still pay for the call, we will not be buying any more, because you cannot guarantee getting the item

Oh well u lost me and a buyer

I think that's a good point about non BT phone calls still having to pay the additional charges but getting nothing

Last edited:
If they don't listen to shylocks gang they never will! Lets see if he says anything

This lot are beyond the pale. A skirt in a size 12, unsurprisingly nobody came in and it was a 'better luck next time'.

Even I know they never sell out of anything in a size 12.

Now they want £9.99 p+p for a mop (not a steam mop, just a mop). They had 8 available and despite Caroline claiming 'it's getting worrying' it seems the punters weren't that worried, only one person bothered.

Then they had 40 T&K Handbags, they clearly wanted around £50 but unsurprisingly only 4 bothered.

Better luck next time.

I kinda feel a bit sorry for Caroline... imo she has earned her wages today...it's like flogging a dead horse....lol I think she is looking forward to home time....:mysmilie_59:

Now they want £9.99 p+p for a mop (not a steam mop, just a mop). They had 8 available and despite Caroline claiming 'it's getting worrying' it seems the punters weren't that worried, only one person bothered.

Then they had 40 T&K Handbags, they clearly wanted around £50 but unsurprisingly only 4 bothered.

Better luck next time.

I don't get it at all, why have such a quantity at £50?

I caught a bit of this over lunchtime...what an utter disaster right from the off. Whoever dreamt this idea up needs to be shown the door pronto. Why don't they go the whole hog and ladle on their contempt for viewers and callers by adding a couple of long loud raspberry noises to that dreadful "wah...wah...wahhhhhhhhh" noise that goes off even when 99% of the stock has been sold. Caroline annoys the hell out of me, but even she looked pretty demented by this ludicrous new system.

Last edited:
Isn't the number 1 rule in retail something like not letting a sale through your hands? 20 people happy to pay at £x and as they didnt sell the final 5, the last 10 minutes they sold nothing as a retail outlet but still having to pay for air time, wages etc. Is this some kind of joke?

I gotta say I find it totally confusing.... as mentioned before why pull out of a sale if you've sold 11 out of 12 available... that does not make sense... I don't think this format will see many weeks.... BUT its so funny to watch... Caroline looked totally knackered at the end of her shift... I think Peter Simon would be ideal for this!!!

So they've sold nothing in the last 30 minutes....they are selling less that what speed auction used to sell and they weren't even on freeview!

Latest posts

Back