What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

set up.jpgtest.jpgorange clock.jpgexample.jpgexample 2.jpgI've also been working on a price drop / bid simulator over the last few years so maybe soon you too can pretend to be not only Peter Simon, not only Lisa Brash, not only Mike Mason, not only Sally Jax with the latest of the clothing ranges, not only could you be selling the larger of the fragrances ala Peter Sherlock or dressing it up and dressing it down like our Sabina, UK sized 16 Annie or even topping up that tan with the latest of the tanning creams from Paul, not only falling off ladders, using the stickier of the soya sauces.

Last edited:
the end.jpgNow its letting me post pictures again lets take a look back at the last 13 years

dibbing.jpg or you can have it with the dibbing.com logo which is the best I could find

Last edited:
Latest from Sally jacks

Absolutely devastated. You will have all heard the news I am sure by now. What an amazing place to work, with fantastic friends and the best fun ever. I will miss it more than you can ever imagine and also everyone that watched and kept me entertained on social media. Keep in touch. Just gutted, more than words can say. Xxxx

Cheers Greg. ****** loved that place. I can't stop crying. Xxx

Thank you. So gutted, it is just so sad. Xxxx

Thank you for your kind words. I am just devastated. X

Helen Bates
Is what I'm hearing true ?? RIP bid? I spent the happiest times in my life there and the people are indescribable I love you all with all my heart and my heart is broken that I will never walk into that studio in acton again and have the most fun I could imagine with some of the most talented people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting
I miss you all every day and always knew in my heart I would return ... I guess I was wrong
Thank you to everyone who had any part of price drop speed auction are bid you made my life xxxxxxxxxxx

James Russell
I'm so sorry guys. I'm really gutted.

Greg Scott has also changed his Facebook Pic to 1 of him and miss Suzanne Banham back in the glory days of price-drop.tv & price drop tv

Last edited:
Lisa posted this on Facebook

Thank you for all your lovely messages, it's a very sad day for me today as received the phonecall at 3pm and burst into tears as had no idea this was coming and honestly thought everything was ok I was as shocked as you guys these channels have been my life for 9 years now. I may be bringing you guys a shopping channel on line from my own home if I can find the right products for you guys so stay tuned for info. I've loved every minute of getting to know and chatting with you all over the years and hope you will all tune in if I bring you some great stuff online from home, I will keep you all informed xxxxx

Don't worry peeps I'm not going anywhere and trying my hardest to make sure you get to see me and some of your fave shopping presenters every day online with some great products xxxxxxx

lol someone said sorry 2 hear this i will not be watchin the channel no more

Its not been a good week for her as on Tuesday she posted....My beautiful and courageous mam has been diagnosed with cancer today for the 2nd time in 4 years, mam you had to console me in the hospital on hearing the news, when i should have been the one consoling you but it's a testament to the mother you are. You've beat it once we can do it again I love you mama Brash xxxxxxxx

Hope your mum gets well soon Lisa if your reading this

Thank you. That means so much to me. Yes it hasn't been the best week for me, some people feel very bitter about our channels but I can honestly say that every thing I said on those channels I really believed in, most products I really believed in, those I didn't like I told you so or even didn't bring to air with me, I did burst into tears on hearing the news at 3pm (which I promise did not know was coming) I happened to be with my mam who cried with me, then I thought what am I doing she's just been diagnosed with cancer and might not be with me in 6 months and I'm crying over my job...... I loved it but things could be worse..... Don't forget peeps those who don't like us we all have problems, and to those who came up with 12k a month I wish....I probably didn't get paid much more than most of you, (which I won't for the last 2 months) I did it because I really loved it........ I'm sorry if people weren't happy with certain things we did try xxxx

Mark Ryes
So Bid and Price Drop, the channels I've spent so much time on over the last eleven years are no more. Life is full of "if only" but I guess we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again.
To my Bid Shopping colleagues, and family, I'll miss you... and I hope we'll be working together again soon. After all, I'm pretty available now.

I'm thinking of shutting down this presenter facebook page I'm afraid. I hope to be back on screen again soon with another project. I hope you'll be as loyal to me then as you have been over the last eleven years. Thank you so much for that.

I can't begin to tell you how upset I am. I'm also owed a great deal of money which I probably will never see, as many of us are. So before you berate us for going along with the company line over the last few months, think of the personal side of it would you?

Thank you. That means so much to me. Yes it hasn't been the best week for me, some people feel very bitter about our channels but I can honestly say that every thing I said on those channels I really believed in, most products I really believed in, those I didn't like I told you so or even didn't bring to air with me, I did burst into tears on hearing the news at 3pm (which I promise did not know was coming) I happened to be with my mam who cried with me, then I thought what am I doing she's just been diagnosed with cancer and might not be with me in 6 months and I'm crying over my job...... I loved it but things could be worse..... Don't forget peeps those who don't like us we all have problems, and to those who came up with 12k a month I wish....I probably didn't get paid much more than most of you, (which I won't for the last 2 months) I did it because I really loved it........ I'm sorry if people weren't happy with certain things we did try xxxx

Thanks for coming on and replying Lisa its appreciated. I bought hundreds of things from the channels over the years and you have all given thousands of hours of entertainment and I'm sad to see you go, We could all see how much you enjoyed working there, Once again I hope you mum makes a quick recovery :)

Sorry. I don't want to seem to be piling in on you when you have just received two devastating pieces of news in the same day. But I have to ask....

Did you believe in charging £7.99 P&P for tiny items like rings?

Indeed there will be people who just read the last page and then there will be people who read the whole thing

Some not so nice comments about this forum from our friends at tv of the forums

The disgusting vultures on shoppingtelly.com seem happy. Disgusting people, if you thought the rota threads on here were a bit stalkery then they just take it to another level completely. Even now they are talking about a presenters children. Bid Shopping should probably have sued them rather than funded them through advertising.

That website is totally abhorrent. The creatures that inhabit it are lower than scum. It's always bad when a group of people genuinely dedicated to their work lose their jobs, but it's even worse when people revel in it.

They won't be so happy in two weeks time when it hits them they need to find something to do with their lives.

Whoever posted that - are they on glue?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post anything about the guys at Sit-up who work behind the scenes - for them I'm sorry they lost their jobs.
The presenters and management on the other hand? They knew what they were doing and as they were the 'face' of the company were the primary source of its downfall.

I've hardly watched Bid/Price-drop since they altered the channels - before it was just morbid curiosity at what sales tactic they could try next to lure folk in.

Whoever the management are/were after 2008 - they should never be allowed to manage any form of company (that includes a small town shop selling trinkets).

The only presenter I feel sorry for is Lisa and in particular her mum's bad news.

To all the presenters: Sorry you've lost your jobs and some of you are owed money, but, honestly, the rubbish you were flogging was beyond the pale! How you kept your faces straight is beyond me! How long did you think you could keep going selling those flipping peacock garden ornaments/tables? The hideous,plastic Rosa Benini patchwork handbags, the watches, names we'd never heard of, Christian Lars, Oskar Emil......and don't get me started on worry angels and Buddhas! The rubbish that passed for 'fashion', those stupid alarm things that would get you money off your house insurance!!! And cyclax, endless cyclax!! We saw through it all, poundland products for extortionate prices and ridiculous p&p! Well it's come back to bite you! You've made a fool of us for the last time!

I agree. This shopping channel was so full of sh*t. It was there to extract as much money from unsuspecting/vulnerable punters and they did it through the most cynical of means. I am quite glad it's gone. It was such a sad sorry cynical enterprise. It deserved to go.

It was really bad. Terrible presenters, terrible products, terrible prices, p&p through the roof and you had the privilege of waiting most three weeks for it 'to arrive at your door' it really was car crash tv! Had to laugh at what someone had written on another tv forum....talking about price drop, 'most hours presented by some fat sweaty bloke!' Charming! And they talk about us!

Thanks for coming on and replying Lisa its appreciated. I bought hundreds of things from the channels over the years and you have all given thousands of hours of entertainment and I'm sad to see you go, We could all see how much you enjoyed working there, Once again I hope you mum makes a quick recovery :)

Lisa, if you read this, I too am very sorry about your mum. I have teased you on here but genuinely feel for you. My mum was recently in hospital having a cancer operation so I know what it is like when the word cancer is mentioned. My mum came through it and at the moment has recovered well and I pray that your mum does too x

Ha Ha!
All the lowlife rejoicing at people losing there jobs,some of you are truly lower than a snakes belly,what will you do now you queens of shopping telly comment?

Nobody on here is revelling at the technical and backroom call-centre staff losing their jobs. It's the shystering presenters who were quite rightly the target of this forum's derision and scorn. For the good of the consumer, we're glad to see the back of 'em !

Nobody on here is revelling at the technical and backroom call-centre staff losing their jobs. It's the shystering presenters who were quite rightly the target of this forum's derision and scorn. For the good of the consumer, we're glad to see the back of 'em !

Hear Hear.

Before people get all sniffy I would politely suggest they take some time to conduct some research into the behaviour of this now defunct company. Only then might they gain some insight into what has caused people to be so hostile towards them.

Nobody on here made up what went on, incredibly it actually all happened. But to be totally fair i'd forgive people if they thought it was made up because it's so ****** unbelievable, you couldn't make it up :mysmilie_13:

Don't blame us for talking about their lies. Blame the presenters who told lies about third rate products. They got reported to the ASA and Ofcom, not us.

I always thought that when they went belly up there'd be some of their cronies who'd come on here and blame us for all their shortcomings, it's always easier to attack others than to be brave enough to look at what the real cause was.

But they are fooling nobody. And let's face it, it dosen't really matter now anyway.

Ha Ha! All the lowlife rejoicing at people losing there jobs,some of you are truly lower than a snakes belly,what will you do now you queens of shopping telly comment?

Anyone starting a new job should check out the morals of the company. This isn't a company who made the odd mistake they did it every day, day in and day out. The customer service agents must have seen it. The crew must of known and the presenters are the worse.

I am not even glad the presenters are out of work but they should all take a look at the role they played.

Did you work for them?

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Ha Ha!
All the lowlife rejoicing at people losing there jobs,some of you are truly lower than a snakes belly,what will you do now you queens of shopping telly comment?

where are we rejoicing at people losing their jobs? If you read comments most are actually sorry to see people losing their jobs (including myself)

The only people we have a problem with on this forum are members of the Sit-up management 'team' and a select few presenters. They are the ones responsible for the company's downfall - not us, not you or anyone else.

Or are you condoning the deception that went on for the past 4 - 6 years in selling products to members of the public? The ASA website tells you all you need to know on that basis.

Latest posts

Back