What's Going On?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bid ended.png

Bid has now definitely gone

I wonder if certain presenters will now come on here, blaming us for their downfall?

I hope not. That would be most undignified and totally out of character, certainly for Mike Mason.

Jeez, I don't check the forum for a few hours and the company goes bust!

Only just a month after the major rebrand, pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Bid Tv page on facebook anyone?!??!!

I don't use facebook but I quite like your idea AD.

In the unlikely event (or in Gollum's case the very, very, very unlikely event) that any of them get picked up by other channels it will perhaps be the only way to remember their unique talents.

My husband got a new job today, we were going out for a curry and beer tonight to celebrate, but now this news has soured this otherwise joyous day, so we may stay in and just have some bread and milk and a glass of tepid tap water instead.

Will Wright and Allan Graham from KPMG’s Restructuring practice were today appointed joint administrators to sit-up Limited, the digital broadcaster behind Price Drop and Bid TV.

The company’s two television channels, which broadcasted to more than 12 million homes with over 300 hours of live demonstrations each week, will cease transmission later today, and the company’s online shop will close as the business ceases to trade with immediate effect. Unfortunately, a total of 229 employees, all of whom are based in London, have been made redundant as a result of the administration.

Will Wright, partner at KPMG and joint administrator, said: “It is really disappointing, given the hard efforts of the company and the support of the majority of its creditors, that a satisfactory conclusion to the restructuring could not be reached. Despite the recent approval of a Company Voluntary Arrangement agreement with creditors, a significant and unexpected fall in sales over the course of the last month meant that the company was simply unable to continue to trade.

“The small number of affected customers who have purchased items from sit-up Limited within the last few days are advised to refer to the company website, which will be updated with more information in the coming days.”

Whoever came up with that dumb idea for the new Price Drop should be barred from being involved in business, for life.

The whole premise went against everything any successful retailer stands for. Turning away customers who actually want to buy a product was surely the most bizarre business plan, ever.

And as for the 'new' Shop At Bid but with all the same presenters, much of the same old tatt and the insulting price checks? The mind boggles, it was probably always going to go bust but I didn't think it would happen so soon.

Whoever was brought in to rescue them dosen't seem to have done a very good job, do they?

So the first thing i do when i log on to the internet is find out that two shopping channels that i once watched regularly for entertainment value have gone bust!

How did it happen on air? Did anyone manage to capture the moment both channels went off air?

So the first thing i do when i log on to the internet is find out that two shopping channels that i once watched regularly for entertainment value have gone bust!

How did it happen on air? Did anyone manage to capture the moment both channels went off air?

I didn't capture it but Sherlock was on Bid and mid flow through a sale the picture was replaced with the caption and music, quick as a flash.

And that was the end of Bid TV.

How's Sherlock going to get rid of his perfume now? Can see it now... Divine Decadence stacked in-between the Joop & Laurelle at the pound shop lol.

Latest posts

Back