So where will the presenters reappear?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Now that the inevitable has finally happened and Sit-Up is finished I wonder where we might see the presenters reappear? Personally I don't anticipate too many of them will show up on TV again but:-

Mike Mason - Installing 'Sky TV' Satellite Dishes, shoddily, while still pushing the virtues of a Dongle as a less than lucrative sideline

James Russell - Selling Sky TV dishes from a pop up concession at your local shopping centre but while still wearing a three piece suit that, to be frank, has seen better days

Sally Jacks - Dressed somewhat saucily, giving away free copies of 'The Sun' at your local Morrisons

Peter Sherlock - Hanging around Perfume Counters, up and down the country, desperately trying to catch the eye of the exceptionally orange Deputy Manageress in the hope of at least getting a gig as that person who stops you and says 'ooh hello, would you like to try Tulisa's latest fragrance?'

MeMike has already secured his next TV appearance. He will be corpse number two in an upcoming Law & Order UK ...

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I wonder if they'll get gigs with other shopping telly channels. There can't be much available there though plus the ex-Bid branding might be viewed as toxic.
Most of the presenters had pretensions towards legitimate broadcasting and entertainment but I think they'll be down to earth with a bump.Most likely they'll find themselves in other sales and demonstrating jobs-a daunting prospect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the Tommy & Kate fashion house - doomed to oblivion!

Dr. Cringles and Dr. Keller - gone overnight :(

What about the Tommy & Kate fashion house - doomed to oblivion!

Dr. Cringles and Dr. Keller - gone overnight :(

Dunno about the other two but the good news is that 'Dr Keller' is to be found at your local discount footwear stores.

And for less than the now defunct Bid TV's p+p. Much less :mysmilie_59:

Just buy em

Mike Mason will be demonstrating JML products at your local Robert Dyas store.

Sally Jaxx will be doing masturbating mags

Peter Simon will be kiddy fiddling at his nearest McDonalds

Peter Sherlock will be doing drag acts in Brighton

James Russell will be doing Radio Basildon

Far Manni will go back to working in his local Indian takeaway

I wonder if they'll get gigs with other shopping telly channels. There can't be much available there though plus the ex-Bid branding might be viewed as toxic.
Most of the presenters had pretensions towards legitimate broadcasting and entertainment but I think they'll be down to earth with a bump.Most likely they'll find themselves in other sales and demonstrating jobs-a daunting prospect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I can say, with some confidence, that we won't see Gollum again.

Not unless there's a revival of dodgy QuizCall.

Peter Sherlock could get a very high powered sales job within a week (and im being serious)

I did not like the way his personna changed( think he believed his hype last few years) but make no mistake he is a very very good salesman.

Even with an economic climate like this he will get a job with a similar if not better wage within a month no issues.

Far Mani indian takeaway isnt that a bit racist?

oh god, NO no Lisa anything but that, your days on television are over - and don't even think about opening an art gallery :mysmilie_10:

lisa brash ‏@lisabrash 1 hr
“@jeremy_dimond: @lisabrash can't you presenters get together and set up on own.”

Watch this space...trying my hardest xxxx

I'd love to read their CV's when looking for future employment.

Past careers: "I was a highly successful, award winning, salesman on the latest of the TV shopping channels - Bid TV. Not only with the orange logo. Not only with the price falling format. Not only with the garish background music. I worked alongside the most stunning designers. The Jean Paul Du Ponts. The Tommy & Kates. The larger of the large brands, such as Monster Glue, Terratek and Vivitar. Not only with the assistants that used to dress it down with the black trousers and the orange t-shirts, before more recently, dressing it up, not only in the dresses, not only in the suits. Not only in the cardigans. Not only alongside the delicious Marina Berry, the stunning Helen Bates and the glowing Peter Sherlock. Showing delicious artwork from Stephen Gately (or was it Gayford)? Ohhhhh yesssss. Them at 'ome loved it".

"Strawberries ! Get yer strawberries here...pahhhhhnnnddd a punnet ! Laahhhverllly strawberries ! Come on ladies....lahhhverllly strawberries" **

**No prizes for guessing which presenter I reckon we'll be seeing at a local market before long...:mysmilie_14:

What are we going to do now for a laugh? you have got to feel sorry for all the people who have lost their jobs... both in front and behind the cameras. What a very unprofessional way to end broadcasting...

What are we going to do now for a laugh? you have got to feel sorry for all the people who have lost their jobs... both in front and behind the cameras. What a very unprofessional way to end broadcasting...

Maybe we'll have to morph into a 'spot the Sit-Up stooge' forum, posting details of where the Gollum's and Schlock's turn up in future.

I wonder how long Graham will keep these threads open for though, sadly I suspect not for very long. I have to say that despite the sheer fury we all vented at some of their more outrageous behaviour there have been some great laughs on here too.

They were the gift that just kept giving but I think we all knew that, sooner or later, it would end like this. :sad:

Maybe we'll have to morph into a 'spot the Sit-Up stooge' forum, posting details of where the Gollum's and Schlock's turn up in future.

I wonder how long Graham will keep these threads open for though, sadly I suspect not for very long. I have to say that despite the sheer fury we all vented at some of their more outrageous behaviour there have been some great laughs on here too.

They were the gift that just kept giving but I think we all knew that, sooner or later, it would end like this. :sad:

It's true! I've been here only a short time but I've laughed out loud at the posts on here! So funny and so true! I feel sad in a way, if this gets closed down, I'll miss you all......when something outrageous happened/was said, I couldn't wait to see your responses on here! And, no, I'm not someone with no life outside of this forum, far from it, but I enjoy the laughs on here and in a way, it's almost like I know you! There was nothing like Bid tv, a train wreck right here in your own living room! How they managed to get such a shower together under one roof, I'll never know but I'm glad they did, they provided endless amusement, in a toe-curling, buttock-clenching, can-only-watch-behind-a-cushion, jaw-dropping kinda way! The worst shopping channel on TV.......thanks for the memories! X

It's true! I've been here only a short time but I've laughed out loud at the posts on here! So funny and so true! I feel sad in a way, if this gets closed down, I'll miss you all......when something outrageous happened/was said, I couldn't wait to see your responses on here! And, no, I'm not someone with no life outside of this forum, far from it, but I enjoy the laughs on here and in a way, it's almost like I know you! There was nothing like Bid tv, a train wreck right here in your own living room! How they managed to get such a shower together under one roof, I'll never know but I'm glad they did, they provided endless amusement, in a toe-curling, buttock-clenching, can-only-watch-behind-a-cushion, jaw-dropping kinda way! The worst shopping channel on TV.......thanks for the memories! X

I agree, it's very sad in many ways but at the back of my mind I still can't help but think that, for the customers, it's for the best. There were clear signs the new owners were 'at it', for want of a better term. Those interminable price comparisons really were elevated to new levels of bullshit, they really were.

But today is a new day, I have absolutely hated some of (but not all) of the presenters behaviour but we are where we are. I guess they'll have to take the consequences for their actions so I guess we should wish them well, whatever they do.

But I wouldn't shed a tear if one or two of them quietly fall off the telly radar, some of them probably shouldn't be on television let alone selling on television. And we know who they are.

Latest posts

Back