Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Graham

Registered Shopper
Presenter Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

Ideal World is very pleased to welcome presenter, Mike Mason to its presenting team.

Mike, who is a well-known, popular face on TV shopping, started his career performing comedy vocals as well as writing and producing for live TV shows. As his career progressed he moved into performance arts, joining one of the UK’s leading show bands as frontman and vocals. Mike’s big move to Television saw him take on the role of Creative Producer for a variety of TV production companies, until he finally made the move into presenting.

Now set to join the team at Ideal World TV, Mike said: ‘I am really looking forward to becoming part of the Ideal World team. Since moving on from Bid TV I have been looking for a new screen to call home and Ideal World is the perfect place. With such a great range of products, fun and lively atmosphere and outstanding team of dedicated professionals, I am confident that I will settle in nicely. I look forward to being back on your screens soon!’

TV Operations Director at Ideal World, Lindsay-Jane Vines said: ‘We are very excited to have Mike joining the Ideal World team. His vibrant personality really shines through on-screen and brings an exciting new dynamic to our team of experienced presenters. We wish Mike every success in his new role and look forward to seeing his career with Ideal World flourish!’

Mike will join the team from Monday 26th May on Ideal World TV, The home of TV shopping Sky 644 | Freeview 22 | Virgin 747 | Freesat 812 and on www.idealworld.tv

Is this the guy who shouts noin nointy noin for something thats nine ninty nine if so he gets on my wick:mysmilie_51:

Wirral is going to have a fit when he see's this.

I barely watch IW these days (other than to laugh at Chef William) so it's no great shakes really.

It would be nice to think we'll see a re-appearance of the old Mike that was on Bid first time around. We can but hope :mysmilie_59:

I barely watch IW these days (other than to laugh at Chef William) so it's no great shakes really.

It would be nice to think we'll see a re-appearance of the old Mike that was on Bid first time around. We can but hope :mysmilie_59:

I meant more so in the context that mr mason is back on tv in general haha

No idea why Ideal World would want to hire him - it's not like they're running out of presenters!

He's toxic - had made his 'career' ripping off the public either on those dodgy quiz shows or by being misleading on Bid TV.

It seems like such a strange decision.

Mike mason is better than that dreadful Hayley Green, she is on most shows on iw along with that aussie vibrapower fitness bloke.

Seriously, It is good to see some of the presenters getting jobs so quickly after the way they lost their jobs at Bid...But to be honest, out of all of them he would be the one imo who least deserves to "fall on their feet" the way he has. Out of all the presenters they could have chosen (although he could have perhaps been the only one who knocked on their door so to speak!) Why him FGS? His onscreen persona is boorish, aggressive, boastful, often sexist and rude. I would have expected to see them pick up someone like Caroline, Peter Sherlock, or Ben who one would have thought suited their image much better. I was baffled tbh when Mike was chosen to introduce the new "Shop at bid format", and we all know what happened there. All one can hope is old habits are kicked into touch and he can cut it as a decent and likeable presenter....Not holding my breath!

I quite like Ideal World and have had some good buys from them but I will be watching less in future. Don't like that Mike's style at all. To be honest, I've not watched much since Paul whatsisname moved over, don't care for him either.

Latest posts

Back