Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps Ideal World are hoping to hoover up some of Bid TV's less fussy ex-customers and that's why they have hired such an ineloquent, inarticulate host?

He makes Andy Love seem like Stephen Fry :mysmilie_59:

Yup it's a race down to the bottom of the dodgy TV shopping cesspool.

I don't want to sound too sniffy here Mr Greg, there's plenty of brass to be made from trash if you can get it right.

And, in my opinion, there are surely few more overtly vulgar shopping host's than MeMike. Let's bear in mind that this is a man who must think that initialled cuffs are chic.

And this is a man who could, single handedly, possibly even lower the tone at Romford Market. He's the Daily Star, the Turkey Twizzler and the Frosty Jack of shopping hosts.

His horrid delivery disheartens and can even depress me. But I accept that some people like him and that's fine with me.

Mike will fit in just fine, imo they only have one person worthy of the presenter title and that is Rachel Pierman, she is really wasted on that shambles of a channel. Andy and Loen Love will not like him as he can spout even more googledegook than they do..LOL

If there was a BAFTA for unprofessional TV personality of the century Mike would surely be in the running for it.

If there was a BAFTA for the presenter who finds themselves far, far, far funnier than anybody else (including the crew) then he'd surely win it.

But of course we ought not forget that he was once up for a Variety Club of Great Britain Award* so perhaps we shouldn't be so critical of his talents.

*According to Peter Simon anyway. Then again he also said that Mason looks like Jason Statham

Mike will fit in just fine, imo they only have one person worthy of the presenter title and that is Rachel Pierman, she is really wasted on that shambles of a channel. Andy and Loen Love will not like him as he can spout even more googledegook than they do..LOL

I'm just wondering if Gollum and Howard will have a competition to see who will win the title of 'Very Slight Man In A Tight Blouse' award.

It could go eitherway, all bets are off :mysmilie_12:

I'm just wondering if Gollum and Howard will have a competition to see who will win the title of 'Very Slight Man In A Tight Blouse' award.

It could go eitherway, all bets are off :mysmilie_12:

They are very similar in size and I've noticed, very similar in the way they eat. I was watching Hungry Howard with the growing Joe, the micro/combo oven hour. Hungry Howard and Greedy Gollum both have the ability to polish off what's been cooked in minutes!

They are very similar in size and I've noticed, very similar in the way they eat. I was watching Hungry Howard with the growing Joe, the micro/combo oven hour. Hungry Howard and Greedy Gollum both have the ability to polish off what's been cooked in minutes!

Well I have to say Momma that I didn't think it possible for Ideal World to recruit a more annoying male host than the appalling Howard Griffiths. Nor did I think it possible for Ideal World to recruit a male host that talks about himself more than the appalling Howard Griffiths.

How wrong was I? :mysmilie_59:

Well I have to say Momma that I didn't think it possible for Ideal World to recruit a more annoying male host than the appalling Howard Griffiths. Nor did I think it possible for Ideal World to recruit a male host that talks about himself more than the appalling Howard Griffiths.

How wrong was I? :mysmilie_59:

Gollum wants to watch his back there :wink:

Gollum wants to watch his back there :wink:

It's only a rumour (so much like Mason's JPD Debenhams tales I don't know if it's fact or not) but I heard that Gollum has already got a lot of hearts racing in Peterborough.

But that's nothing new, his monstrous manner has always caused me severe palpitations :mysmilie_59:

I almost agree with MeMike but it is a word sounding like chic I am thinking of ;-)

Apparently Maddee bought him them, she's clearly a woman with an eye for the elegant.

But then we always knew she had impeccable taste, she chose Gollum and of course she only smokes the finest of the ciggies :mysmilie_59:

The sooner Mike Mason gets shown the door the better, totally unwatchable (in my opinion).

do you still have the recording of Mike on the telephone with his threats of legal action (surely against his own morals as it would mean you having to bring out the worry angels?)?
Does the bass reflex sheet move when you hold it over the receiver? :grin:

I took the necessary action that was requested by him, that however is not going to stop me making comments about his appalling presentations, I am and will continue to be a huge Ideal World fan but Mike Mason is like a square peg in a round hole and don't believe he will ever fit into Ideal World.

I have yet to see him on it,everytime i have flicked over it's some guy steaming wooden floors:mysmilie_12:

I have yet to see him on it,everytime i have flicked over it's some guy steaming wooden floors:mysmilie_12:

Oh he'll be on soon enough and no doubt exhibiting the same old tired, predictable and incredibly tedious behaviours.

We bought one like this for 10 times as much
I think it's so important to look good (hysterical)
I live in the countryside
She eat's cat food
Quite literally
Now what is XXXXXXXX? (insert item name to provide the lecture on)
Any ex- partner of his is quite possibly a 'mutant' (followed by fits of laughter from Mike, and absolutely nobody else)

What a talent, maybe you can now see how he ended up on i-Buy, QuizCall, Gala TV and Bid.

Latest posts

Back