Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to add....so glad pete is back on....I tell you gems is on its way down .....he seriously thinks his style is a winner
It's the only thing he knows ....how wrong is he...it's embarrassing this first half hour....

The close ups of Pete's gnarled old knuckles modelling the rings is quite stomach churning. But it's good to have the old boy back. Better than Escape to the Country or Extreme makeover. He's just sort of like background music. But not very good.

I recorded the hour from 2 till 3 am
He claimed that the avalanche bid tv style falling price on each item was a 'cock up ' because the last silver bracelet was going for £7.99
Then proceeded to cavort all over the set shouting out people's names as they bought more than one of the bracelet

We cut out the middle men he says....who are these so called people?
This channel appears to shift stock well but Mr Simon and his antics could seriously dent its credibility IMO

So whether slapping the desk with his hands, closing in on the camera with hands either side showing his tongue, doing a jig moving his hips, shouting peoples names, putting on an old man voice while slouching on the desk or other capers sell jewellery time will tell.....thanks Pete great entertainment

Ive given up trying to understand what he's rattling on about but it is funny in a weird way.... "I really adore this I absolutely adore this, and that on your wrist is going.... with your day wear with your evening wear not only with ultra-violet blues not only because of the pinks gr... then the centre stones not only of diamonds within the centre of the chakra eye, the charm the tranquillity the beauty the awe inspiring nature of a piece that really is unique, its individual creates an ambiance on the wrist, not only against the summer dresses, not only against an evening dress in cotton lawns (?) and linens not only against wonderful pastels.... this is a sincere charm HIDDEN OF TEMPLE, HIDDEN OF PYRAMID, FROM FORBIDDEN CITYS OF LOST EMPIRES OF WONDERFUL MAGICAL CONCLUSIONS (?) of things beyond our imagining that just delight the eye they create they inspire... against that feeling of not only owning something ver.... and it looks... you can see". And on it goes, and if anybody knows what what he is on about, answers on a postcard please.

I saw him the other week and i couldn't tell what the heck he was on about, it was Kunzite.....Morganite.......Kunzite .......Morganite, yes Peter but which one are you showing us??? after numerous lip smacking, hand clapping and googledegook, and ear piece corrections, it was Kunzite.:mysmilie_1:

And how long has he been "working" with jewellery???? he said 20 years on one show and 10 years on another, come on Pete, to be a good liar you have to remember what you said..:mysmilie_13:

I know the other week there were, not only negative comments on facebook, not only negative comments by word of mouth, but negative comments on Feefo, well, lol, never seen anyone write anything negative about a presenter on feefo before...............until now.

I'd love to see him on The Lounge, just for the laugh, for the enterainment, lol, he'd probs only get through about 5 pieces cos of his incoherant rambling about himself and things that have b*gger all to do with what he's supposed to be selling, would be hilarious:mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
He's selling a Black Spinel Ring:-

'Can I just tell ya' (then never tells us anything)
'Get on the phones, just get on the phones'
'There's something intriguing about Black Spinel, worn by some of the most famous women in the world, why? Coz it's a temptress of magic'
'This is the master of the women, the disguise, it is when it's on your finger the illusion created by the magic you create'
'Whether you can do the Fandango, whether you can do the Foxtrot, whether you can go and hold and tenderly embrace the magic of the night'
'She is the Goddess, she is the Phantom of Beauty, she's simply an adoration of joy'
'Spinel is a sister of simplistic, spontaneous sexiness'
'Not only is it really the Black Prince it is that person in your life, d'ya know what it is? Spinel is a split personality, it's that other woman, when that clock chimes 12, ahhh embrace it, live it, kick off the Stiletto, go and be Spinel's dark side'

Then he got very excited over a 'Pink Sapphire' ring, he enthused 'look at this, LOOK AT THIS!!'. Sadly he had the wrong ring altogether, the one he had was a Rhodolite Garnet (it didn't look very Pink) and he was obviously told this in his earpiece.

It's reassuring to know we're in such knowledgeable hands.

That's wonderful Wirral! I haven't watched much of him so far. The first night I saw him there were not too many "not onlys" and he seemed to be a bit quieter but that was early on, his second shift I think. I think we can safely say the old Pete is back! I did see one handover and the presenter (don't know her name) was treating him like a megastar which disturbed me somewhat.

Last edited:
That's wonderful Wirral! I haven't watched much of him so far. The first night I saw him there were not too many "not onlys" and he seemed to be a bit quieter but that was early on, his second shift I think. I think we can safely say the old Pete is back! I did see one handover and the presenter (don't know her name) was treating him like a megastar which disturbed me somewhat.

Honestly Muttley, it was just like Bid was back.

Complete and utter codswallop. He barely said anything about the actual piece, it was all irrelevant hyperbole.

But still funny though.

Well Peter is using his 'split personality' line again but not for Black Spinel, this time he's given that title to Anahi Ametrine that's featured in ring with White Topaz. And he's giving us a real masterclass in detailed Gem descriptions:-

She has a split personality and her split personality is Mother Nature's natural harmony of joining two worlds
For me it's the most iconic gemstone not only because it's a phenomenal demonstration of nature
It's the ability to create breathtaking beauty without the interception of man
What she's done here man can not do
It's rare, it's very rare
Ahh, you've gotta own this
Can I just tell you that it's rarity and value is getting (stops dead)
These are Diamonds erm sorry they are Topaz

Gotta love him :mysmilie_59:

Now he's giving a history lesson on the famous Gem Expert George Frederick Kunz, apparently he was born in 1859.

Nearly right. 1856 :mysmilie_59:

Now he's giving a history lesson on the famous Gem Expert George Frederick Kunz, apparently he was born in 1859.

Nearly right. 1856 :mysmilie_59:

He was always doing the same thing with Thomas Earnshaw on Bid. You can see it at the beginning of this video, where he says 'Thomas Earnshaw was born in 1740 ... err 1752 to be exact'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9bwiVurXXaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In this one he claims that Thomas Earnshaw was born 'at the turn of the 1800s'. Only 50 years out, then.
mysmilie_59.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/--uedmWpPqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has he said 'Goodluckifyougetit' yet?
mysmilie_13.gif

Last edited:
Peer Simon's pearl ring (oo er!) was 'not only from the Dominicans of the Republics' and the Kyanite ring came from.... 'one of the highest points on our planet, its when the heavens meet the skies, it is the nearest thing to touching the very essence of the whispers of the angels'..... whatever that's means? 'its not only a PLOWACRISM it changes colour from candlelight to daylight, but it is the strength of an absolutely ice driven Blue, its a glacia ice of colour, you have got the very essence, it is the temptation of desire', just watch the light follow he light, it is a kaleidoscope of a carousel. Debbie, Debbie in Chesterfield er can I just say with all your you've sent me loads of lovely messages tonight genuinely I don't want to get emotional I said I wouldn't cry but Debbie in Chesterfield erm thank you for those wonderful words and er send my love and I hope you and I and the rest Elizabeth i'll keep you company through the wee small hours'....

Peer Simon's pearl ring (oo er!) was 'not only from the Dominicans of the Republics' and the Kyanite ring came from.... 'one of the highest points on our planet, its when the heavens meet the skies, it is the nearest thing to touching the very essence of the whispers of the angels'..... whatever that's means? 'its not only a PLOWACRISM it changes colour from candlelight to daylight, but it is the strength of an absolutely ice driven Blue, its a glacia ice of colour, you have got the very essence, it is the temptation of desire', just watch the light follow he light, it is a kaleidoscope of a carousel. Debbie, Debbie in Chesterfield er can I just say with all your you've sent me loads of lovely messages tonight genuinely I don't want to get emotional I said I wouldn't cry but Debbie in Chesterfield erm thank you for those wonderful words and er send my love and I hope you and I and the rest Elizabeth i'll keep you company through the wee small hours'....

WTF?? Pathetic, glad I missed this drivel. This chap is not to my taste.

Inge

:mysmilie_854: No change there then?

Pete has only been on for 10 minutes and he's at it already.

He's just sold a bi-colour Tanzanite ring for £399.99 and told viewers to get it valued because "you're looking at thousands of pounds" here.

That's a blatant Bid TV habit and one that could see the ASA taking action over if that claim can't be backed-up with evidence that it could be worth a lot more than they paid for it.

NONE of the other presenters make claims like that, and it's bad that he's making a very trustworthy company look bad by spoiling the image and openness of the channel.

I really like Gems TV. I really dislike Peter's awful sales speil.

I was really surprised that they bumped a long standing Gems presenter to the 3am-7am slot to make way for Peter Simon, I feel sorry from Jim and his fans.

Latest posts

Back