Alternative to Kipling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I still love my Kipling but saw one by Desigual (with a funny backwards "s") got it for under £20 on Amazon lightning deal. It's called a "London" anyone heard of or tried this brand? It looks very much like Kipling, minus the monkey to me, or a cross between kipling and Fat Face/Manteray.

I have seen this brand both on holiday and in the odd shop on DHS. Really jazzy patterns (I would say more so than Kipling) and have been tempted. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Desigual is a_Spanish designer brand. It is often in duty free shops at Spanish airports. They have lovely jazzy clothes too as well as belts, handbags, purses, travel luggage. The bag you bought would have been a gift of price.

Oooh that's great as it was free delivery and free returns. Its like this one but with some lime green swirls in it too. Hope you can see pic below. Had a look on google and price is normally around £78 so £19.99 seems a steal. It looks like some of the prints are much more garish than my one will be! Still I fancied something different but still utilitarian, and Kipling is becoming just a little bit too popular as I am seeing so many about. Those of you who have seen them in the flesh what's the quality like? (Mine not arrived yet.)

images.jpeg

house of Fraser sell desigial clothes and bags online. Haven't tried them but like their colours and designs.

You got a bargain as they are really expensive. Funky designs but I prefer Kipling.

Probably not the person to ask as I hate kipling bags (I know that's akin to blaspheming on here ;) but I do like desigual. You should keep an eye out as I have seen them as lightning deals a few times. And for those who do love kipling there are two designs as lightning deals on amazon most days!

But you've got to be lightning fast to grab them - see my recent thread. What are these Desigual bags made from? They look a less flexible construction than Kipling and if so, you can't really compare them.

Not sure yet Thatu but mine is being delivered today :) so I will post about it a bit later on. Described as synthetic something or other though.

Re lightning deals I was lucky as it was an early morning deal so I was able to ensure I got it whilst sat on the bus for an hour with nothing better to do.

As promised my Desigual "Bols London Alguero" has arrived for the grand total of £19.99 delivered, with free returns if I wanted to but most definitely don't intend to. I have put a couple of pics at the bottom of my post.

-it is a very big shoulder bag, strap is adjustable, also has straps for the crook of your arm if you carry your bags that way.
- At least a quarter bigger than the Defea from Kipling.
-Loads of compartments, some with zip or popper, some without on the front of the bag.,plus 2 large lined mesh pockets on the rear.
-strong silvery glimmery zip to secure the main compartment. Usual zip compartments inside the bag that you expect in any bag/phone pouch if you want to use it for that. Cotton lining inside.
- studs on the base.
-Faux leather synthetic material, decorated as if to look hand-painted, embroidery and applique in places. Very modern, funky and cheerful coloured pattern.

In the outside compartments you can easily fit everything you would normally use throughout the day and can just grab them rather than have to rummage inside the bag. I have put sunglasses (in a bulky solid case) & my computer/reading glasses (in a hard case) in the side pouches, smartphone (in a sneeky hidden pouch), Kindle,notebook & pen in a large secure front pouch, work ID pass, travel tickets & earphones for my phone in a small secure front pouch, lip balm, handcream, concealer-pen and lipgloss in the zipped pouch at the bottom. In the 2 roomy mesh pouches (lined so you can't see the contents) I have put non-valuable items I may need to grab quickly such as inhaler, kids suncream, small hairbrush, hand sanitiser gel and tissues.

This leaves plenty room inside the main compartment for my purse, keys, small make up bag, waterproof jacket, umbrella and my lunch. The bag is not even full so does not look full to bursting.

All in all the only thing it does not have that kipling does is a key fob and monkey and you would have to wipe clean rather than shove in the wash.

I think it is roomier than most kipling shoulder bags, it easily rivals Kipling on the organisation and design, It easily rivals Kipling on the colours and bright patterns (but I am yet to see a kipling print that I actually like!). At full price of £78 it equals many Kiplings on price but as it is much bigger I think it beats Kipling on price if full price is paid. Time will tell if it equals Kipling on durability but the quality does seem excellent. Because it is not real leather it is not too heavy and it beats Kipling hands down to use it in the rain.

All in all I love this bag. It is not a copy of Kipling by any means but I think lovers of Kipling will really like this brand.

Here are the pics... sorry for some reason they have come out sideways.

ForumRunner_20140822_140923.jpg

ForumRunner_20140822_140946.jpg

Wg - that bag would cheer up anyone's day - at that price, too. Bargain!!!

(Dare I say it - well done if you got yours)?

Lol Thatu! I had never heard of Desigual and thanks to people on here I now know I gambled on a bargain. I can see myself using this every single day, and on the days I am not working there's more than enough room for a pair of pull-ups, baby wipes and children's drinks & snacks. The designer of this bag may as well have been me! Lol. I would even class it as a "shopper" as on some of my rare trips to the DSH I would fit it all in here. :)

You definitely got a good deal getting a bright colourful new bag delivered for that price.

This brand is very popular in Spain, very young trendy brand, they have a huge store at Westfield London too. They always hit the headlines when they open a new store, as the first 100 customers on opening day have to strip down to their underwear and once they are through the new store doors, whatever clothes they put-on, over their underwear they get for no-cost. Now I'm all for queuing up for a freebie, but not if I have to strip to my undies first!!

Lol Hype in a jar...I think I will give that one a miss. Just imagining the queues of nearly naked people outside the store like the Next January sale.....at 5 o clock in the morning in the middle of winter.....

Latest posts

Back