Getting to know Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw him in the shorts with the vibrapower and switched over, but this morning very early he was selling Sugar Crisp jeggings and he had his hands all over the models backside and legs telling us how they minimised the models derrière and made the legs look smoother. The model was Sheila and I fully expected her to tell him to get his hands off, it was weird and made me feel uneasy.........yuck

I didn't see this but reminds me when he was on Bid, and it would be any excuse possible to get his hands on poor Marina!

Where the hell has he got that blue striped jumper he's wearing today from? I'd have binned it years ago. I've heard of a boat neck but my god, it's more like a cruise liner neck, it's that wide. Scruffy sod!

PS is totally out of control - sooooo many not only's and half started & not finished sentences. The many times he's never seen anything like the steam cleaner today, - but he then said he's got one at ome - perhaps he doesn't use it! Oh and I see they are now using the bid/pd steam cleaner with the baked on soy sauce/gravy - purleeees stop. What a bunch. :angry:

I saw a bit of Peter this morning with the card making lady. He was so emotional at the thought of receiving a home made card! It was well over the top. I received a hand made card from an old friend this year, I thought it was very nice but I was not nearly in tears at receiving it!

Amusing when he was on with Janice and the go tab she said it has a camera, your kidding he said going into hysterics,i can't make up my mind whether he is taking us for fools or he is one.

Amusing when he was on with Janice and the go tab she said it has a camera, your kidding he said going into hysterics,i can't make up my mind whether he is taking us for fools or he is one.

In my opinion, he often acts like the village idiot, but I feel that every word and act is calculated. His comment re the tablet having a camera implies that it is amazing and older people buying it for a present may fall for his sales pitch.

In my opinion, he often acts like the village idiot, but I feel that every word and act is calculated. His comment re the tablet having a camera implies that it is amazing and older people buying it for a present may fall for his sales pitch.

I agree, I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Personally I find him extremely distasteful and the more I see the less there is to like about him, I really don't understand IW's reasoning taking him on. The next time he is on air someone needs to remind him its shopping telly not the Royal Variety Performance so cut out the big intro it beggars belief that he really thinks he should have one.

I agree, I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Personally I find him extremely distasteful and the more I see the less there is to like about him, I really don't understand IW's reasoning taking him on. The next time he is on air someone needs to remind him its shopping telly not the Royal Variety Performance so cut out the big intro it beggars belief that he really thinks he should have one.

Funny you should say that as he mentioned that he had done two RV performances in the past, 'once for Princess Margaret and the other for Her Majesty', think it was when he was on with Janice and the tablet but I can't remember why he said it, what the relevance was, but with him and his ramblings, nothing makes sense anyway. Don't know if there's any truth in it. He also said that you can tell him and Janice are 'BBC trained'

But anyway, if it is true *cough*, it's long gone and in the past, get real, it's a two-bit shopping channel where you are now and the dregs of Bid.

He really is an idiot. He sells these things day in day out but acts like he's just been shown his first one, ever.

He was showing the steam cleaner, little yello, which he kept calling yello o and saying things like, 'now me, I'd have to get the scourer on that', when it's obvious, working with these products every day (for years) and you thought highly of them, you'd purchase them, surely? I can see what he's doing but it's so obviously disingenuous.

Just tuned into IW for pretty much the first time this year to see this guy presenting MacBooks with Janice. There was a period of silence before the most bizarre, slow-speaking bit of sales patter I've ever seen! I thought to myself bless, it must be his first day on TV (only to find out on here he's been around for years!)

If anyone is interested he is selling a duvet "cashmere and silk" for only £149.99. Speaking a language which I assume to be English. He is giggling whilst groping the duvet. Can't watch any more...

Funny you should say that as he mentioned that he had done two RV performances in the past, 'once for Princess Margaret and the other for Her Majesty', think it was when he was on with Janice and the tablet but I can't remember why he said it, what the relevance was, but with him and his ramblings, nothing makes sense anyway. Don't know if there's any truth in it. He also said that you can tell him and Janice are 'BBC trained'

But anyway, if it is true *cough*, it's long gone and in the past, get real, it's a two-bit shopping channel where you are now and the dregs of Bid.

I googled this and it appears to be partially true. He was listed on a Childrens Royal Variety performance in 1987 with Princess Margaret with about 100 other people. I would add a hyperlink but I am doing this on my phone, it was easy to find under "Peter Simon Royal Variety Performance".

I googled this and it appears to be partially true. He was listed on a Childrens Royal Variety performance in 1987 with Princess Margaret with about 100 other people. I would add a hyperlink but I am doing this on my phone, it was easy to find under "Peter Simon Royal Variety Performance".

Makes sense for him to be have been on the Royal Variety as he used to present Double Dare on CBBC many years back.

I saw a repeat of Peter selling the duvet earlier. He made it sound like he was selling the Shroud of Turin.

'In the autonomous region of Mongolia... not only the beautiful silkworm... not only the hardiest of goats... weaving the 300 thread count... it's the sleep of dreams.'

I saw it too, he has two singles and must ask Bet......

I notice he didn't say the full price once while I was watching, just the flexi payment price

As nice as it might feel, I like a big thick heavy duvet over me and this only equates to 11tog, not near warm enough or heavy enough, although a lot of people were buying on the phone and the web. Sales are good :mysmilie_8:

Its 8pm, its the Friday before Christmas, its ideal world...............its SAINT PETER OF SIMON giving his sermon down on his knees not only is it -30c in Mongolia, Not only is this item for lottery winners, not only is Saint Peter fluffing words, not only is my new word "caveat" ...........Hold on important interruption here 40% GONE!!!! not only is Saint Peter rushing his words like its his last breath. HOLD ON NOW HALF THE STOCKS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps Saint Peter is selling a duvet :mysmilie_15: Great comedy stuff this is!

Latest posts

Back