Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On a completley different line of thought

Been watching a lot of other channels last few weeks mainly Tjc which is a right mix of good bad and ugly and Hochanda which seems good fun and well presented.

Two people who started out at Bid are way better than I ever thought they would be. Marina and Charlie (yes the ladder guy!) Both are clear not pushy and informative about the products. Maybe they got away from the bid/ideal axis in time?

On a completley different line of thought

Been watching a lot of other channels last few weeks mainly Tjc which is a right mix of good bad and ugly and Hochanda which seems good fun and well presented.

Two people who started out at Bid are way better than I ever thought they would be. Marina and Charlie (yes the ladder guy!) Both are clear not pushy and informative about the products. Maybe they got away from the bid/ideal axis in time?

To be fair, Charlie is an incredible presenter for that type of market. He actually seems genuinely interested in what he is shilling and it must resonate with the crafting community?

The biggest complement a selly telly presenter can have (and I learned this from a newspaper article that went behind the scenes as such) is simply if they are never talked about online.

The Luggie birthday show is on as we speak

remember this being "live" a few weeks ago and Shaun saying the deals were "for the live hour only as part of the birthday"

Well as its a repeat he is saying the same here! Surely this is against several advertising rules?

I note they no longer have live whether the show is live or it isn't, I think even more recorded shows are coming

The Luggie birthday show is on as we speak

remember this being "live" a few weeks ago and Shaun saying the deals were "for the live hour only as part of the birthday"

Well as its a repeat he is saying the same here! Surely this is against several advertising rules?

I note they no longer have live whether the show is live or it isn't, I think even more recorded shows are coming

If challenged they will no doubt wriggle out of it by claiming that the exact deals were only available back then or that they've managed to subsequently replicate similar deals hence the repeat, etc., so plenty of wriggle room here unfortunately.

As for the on-screen 'LIVE' display, pedantically speaking it may have been 'accurate', namely referring to an hour or more of 'live' deals for that period with live presenter(s) for at least part of the show, but frequently there were things such as outdoor electric bike demonstrations in blazing sunshine shown at a time when the UK was in pitch darkness and there was still 'LIVE' displayed in the corner of the screen, or even more misleading prerecorded studio clips with no obvious indication of not being live (except perhaps featuring different presenter(s)) but with 'LIVE' still being displayed. Obviously having the potential to be confusing/misleading to the casual viewer tuning in after the presenter had explained that they were showing a previous demonstration.

I've received a card from IW inviting me to watch their watch week beginning at 9pm on the 11th.

On the back of this card there is a man's arm sporting a Mathey Tissot timepiece. The watch is being worn on the arm upside down, so to see the watch properly, you have to turn the card upside down! I just wonder who past the design of this card for printing? It's such a glaring error that even a child would notice. Classic Ideal World.

Mandy Dingle is on today.

She’s been tweeting, saying it’s only her first hour and they’re already nearly sold out.

Well done Mandy, you sure know how to stick to the script :mysmilie_59:

Think that is part of the contract these days

Yesterday the duvet POD was on at one stage for 4 hours in a row, if ever a show demanded to be repeated this was it.

No we had three different presenters over four hours all saying the same thing. If they are looking to cut costs (they obviously are rightfully so) things like this make zero sense

Sally Not-quite-as-shouty Jacks when presenting yesterday's 8pm bonded leather extravaganza: "This is the chair, with not one, not two, not three, but four secrets". Presumably one of those secrets being that it's a grossly-overpriced lump of glued processed leather scraps :mysmilie_59:

Confirmation

Vostok Europe Gent s Expedition Everest Underground PVD
5 / 5
AWESOME WATCH
8 November 2018
'Brand new watch design ...not an old one done up
Fitted with a Seiko Epson YN84 movement wow!!
Guys you all know me I buy all the watches I review I have about 150 now and still buying them
Just get this brand new Everest Underground watch, you will not regret it.Oh by the way I do not work for Ideal World...I am an avid watch collector that know a good watch when I see it and I do not only buy Vostok Europe??
But this is an amazing timepiece.'

I wonder why the need to divulge?

Sally Not-quite-as-shouty Jacks when presenting yesterday's 8pm bonded leather extravaganza: "This is the chair, with not one, not two, not three, but four secrets". Presumably one of those secrets being that it's a grossly-overpriced lump of glued processed leather scraps :mysmilie_59:

It would be great if they offered live phone-ins (that weren't overly vetted) and you managed to get through during one of their bonded leather furniture shows. I'd ask this carefully worded question ...

'I love the furniture you sell, especially your bonded leather sofas. Am I right in thinking bonded leather is of a higher quality than ordinary leather?'

Would genuinely like to hear their response to this when live on air.

5 / 5
AWESOME WATCH
8 November 2018
Guys you all know me I buy all the watches I review I have about 150 now and still buying them
Just get this brand new Everest Underground watch, you will not regret it.Oh by the way I do not work for Ideal World...I am an avid watch collector that know a good watch when I see it and I do not only buy Vostok Europe??

Mr Loydon? spelling :)

I am 100% sure he is real, I am also certain he gets freebies at times and other gifts from Kevski and Ideal

And who can blame them he is probably keeping the channel afloat

5 / 5
AWESOME WATCH
8 November 2018

150 watches and still buying!! This guy must be rich, or perhaps he used to be?

Creepy Crawley is the host, Vol au vent the 'expert' on a RCA Viking tablet.

Says he is the "luxury" expert, but is really just another goon aren't you Creepy.

If I see that prat do those nonsensical demonstrations with those ****** ceramic radiators one more time, I'm going to do somebody some serious damage!!!!

PS just told us all to use the rug doctor to clean our carpets for Christmas 2017. I think he needs to calm down and stop talking bol*&^ks.

Latest posts

Back