Random musings and general banter. - Page 875
Close
Login to Your Account
ShoppingTelly.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 875 of 886 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 8857
    Post Thanks / Like

The Christmas cards are out again, Tope asked DP if he'd written them himself, "it looks like your handwriting"

I think he had......it was the usual guff about him being the funniest man on TV, a wonderful person, remembered from Children's BBC, the usual yearly self appreciation

I bet the bin is full of the other, more truthful ones.......

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    The Christmas cards are out again, Tope asked DP if he'd written them himself, "it looks like your handwriting"

I think he had......it was the usual guff about him being the funniest man on TV, a wonderful person, remembered from Children's BBC, the usual yearly self appreciation

Oh, the Christmas Card Crap, I suppose it was inevitable Momma. He was also shouting out the names of his imaginary friends and family, urging them to ‘just buy’ those god awful Fjord pieces of crap too.

Let me tell you something Momma. If anyone did send him a Christmas Card they’ll surely be striking him off next years Christmas Card List once they receive the Christmas Cracker Crap Watches that he’s suckered them into buying.

When he was on with that Toupee Tope he was screeching like a hysterical banshee, If the ‘show’ had gone on much longer he’d have been foaming at the mouth.

Maybe he’s got Rabies?
    Likes Hammy60, Mommabear , Muttley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post

Momma, if he's the funniest man on telly that doesn't say much for the comics on there!!!
    Likes Hammy60, Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you all stopped to think that perhaps those who wrote Peter's Christmas cards really meant it when they said 'he was the funniest man on TV'?

Could they have meant that they laugh 'at' him, not 'with' him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Have you all stopped to think that perhaps those who wrote Peter's Christmas cards really meant it when they said 'he was the funniest man on TV'?

Could they have meant that they laugh 'at' him, not 'with' him?
    I'm sure one of them had a picture of either Les Dawson on it or Tommy Cooper, who were funny. He's always mentioning them as a kind of kinship, now that is laughable.

He also mentioned him and Bet getting married years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

If Les or Tommy sent him cards, they've been a bloody long time in the post!

I've heard Peter liken himself & his watch mate to 'Ant & Dec' & 'Morecambe & Wise' so I guess his imagination knows no bounds.

I must say I find his 'presidential addresses' into the camera at the start of his shows hilarious. Hilarious for all the wrong reasons as I'm sure Peter doesn't intend them to be funny!

Post Thanks / Like

well I see it's £1000 + China made heirlooms tonight.

And another ignorant watch guest, she says movement on this watch (winthrop) beats at thousand or thousands of times a minute, wrong it's got the Shanghai Jinghe JHLS33-1 which is only has 360 beats per minute.

Typical nonsense being spouted by P Simon and the guest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy60 View Post
    well I see it's £1000 + China made heirlooms tonight.

And another ignorant watch guest, she says movement on this watch (winthrop) beats at thousand or thousands of times a minute, wrong it's got the Shanghai Jinghe JHLS33-1 which is only has 360 beats per minute.

Typical nonsense being spouted by P Simon and the guest.
    Dirty Peter reckons that some Heritor piece of junk is worth over a GRAND

And his sidekick, Charlie Dimmock, does indeed talk bubbles.

The pair of them just spew out vague, vacuous, vapid drivel. How can anyone fall for this load of old tosh?
    Likes Hammy60 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral70 View Post

The pair of them just spew out vague, vacuous, vapid drivel. How can anyone fall for this load of old tosh?
    Unfortunately there is a lot of folks out there are easily fooled (just need to look at how many fall for phone scams etc), and Ideal World seem to be well aware of that with the tactics they use. Not a show passes without misinformation and lies about brands, products, prices, quality etc and the ridiculous stock updates every 5 secs.
    Likes Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy60 View Post
    Unfortunately there is a lot of folks out there are easily fooled (just need to look at how many fall for phone scams etc), and Ideal World seem to be well aware of that with the tactics they use. Not a show passes without misinformation and lies about brands, products, prices, quality etc and the ridiculous stock updates every 5 secs.
    I do feel sorry for anyone who’s kidded by the endless RRP ‘price checks’ on the shonky Watch websites, that’s what Bid TV used to do all the time.

It’s grim