Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see we're back with the E-Bike Electric bikes, the £2000 - £2500 Chinese bikes as Peter Simon claims with "ELETRIC POWER ASSISTED" on them. You would think they would have sorted the spelling by now, been about a year since this was first spotted.

Shaun says blue bike will probable sell out this hour as 50% of stock gone, funny Peter Simon was on last night at about 11.30 saying it would be sold out in the next 15 mins as it was virtually sold out, it was already fully allocated and if all orders went through it's gone. They just can't stop trying to deceive folks.

I see online, other places have been selling these bikes, all seem to be manufacturer refurbished, for approx £550, can't seem to find brand new ones.

Is the site experiencing technical issues?!

I can't see half of the posts?!

For example, the last two only contain a 'folder' icon which, when hovered over says 'Default'.

I'm expecting this not to show up once it's posted either.

I noticed that the bike in the studio has the word 'Eletric' removed, it simply says 'Power Assisted'

They keep showing the same testimonial from someone named Megan, for every model e-bike they sell.

I noticed that the bike in the studio has the word 'Eletric' removed, it simply says 'Power Assisted'

They keep showing the same testimonial from someone named Megan, for every model e-bike they sell.

They've been using that review for a long tome. :RpS_laugh:

It's Heritor time, according to our expert, when you look at a Jewelers window on one side, there's the upto £500 fashion watches with Quartz movements on the other side is your £2000 watches with automatic movements, and that where the Heritor sits with it's Automatic movement. :RpS_biggrin: I'm pretty sure you ain't going to find a Jeweler's window anywhere in the UK with a watch containing a Shanghai Jinghe JHS automatic movement sitting anywhere near their £2000 watches, maybe in the bargain basement fashion brand section but certainly not in the £2000 bracket. :RpS_lol:

Just utter nonsense they spout, comparing these average Chinese watches with entry level(or higher)luxury watches.

I've been pretty good at ignoring the shopping channels for a while. Decided to tune in just now and Berque is on shilling a multi-cooker. I swear he is turning into Del Boy. But not loveable Del Boy, just the sneaky part of Del Boy who does his spiel at the markets, talking fast, hoping people don't notice what he is selling is trash....then scarpering before the police arrive.

What bothers me so much, is (and I know others have said this) that they don't need to do this at all. They regularly have really great prices. I know at times they are selective about price comparisons, but on occasions when I have bought from them, it's because they were way below competitors prices.

Becque and Gollum in particular, seem to revel more in trying to be wide boys than actually being salesmen. God,....see now I'm sorry I tuned in as my blood pressure is increasing!!

Good Morning all Ideal Worlders!
If you bank with Lloyds, look at your rewards section, and there is the following message under Ideal World. If you are a frequent purchaser of the channel, this may be of interest! You will need to activate it on your Bank account to get the discount. Enjoy!

[FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-lightWEB]Earn 10% Cashback on your next purchase from Ideal World. Maximum reward £30. Offer expires 10/02/2020 and is valid one time only. [/FONT][FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-mediumWEB]Cashback is only applicable on your first payment. [/FONT][FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-lightWEB]Ideal World offer a vast assortment of exclusive products from top brands and provide a unique shopping experience full of entertainment and inspiration. Shop at [/FONT]idealworld.tv

Spend responsibly, and have fun out there :RpS_biggrin:

Good Morning all Ideal Worlders!
If you bank with Lloyds, look at your rewards section, and there is the following message under Ideal World. If you are a frequent purchaser of the channel, this may be of interest! You will need to activate it on your Bank account to get the discount. Enjoy!

[FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-lightWEB]Earn 10% Cashback on your next purchase from Ideal World. Maximum reward £30. Offer expires 10/02/2020 and is valid one time only. [/FONT][FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-mediumWEB]Cashback is only applicable on your first payment. [/FONT][FONT=lloyds_bank_jack-lightWEB]Ideal World offer a vast assortment of exclusive products from top brands and provide a unique shopping experience full of entertainment and inspiration. Shop at [/FONT]idealworld.tv

Spend responsibly, and have fun out there :RpS_biggrin:

Dave, I'm disappointed that I don't bank with Lloyds...

I've just been watching Kevinski Reynoldsoff and Mikey boy selling a couple of Sturmanski chronograph watches at £1200. According to Kevinski the Poljot 3133 movements in these watches are very rare, hence the high price. He also says the movements are automatic. Sorry Kev old pal, the 3133 is not automatic, but hand wound. I know this because I have four Poljot chronographs with the very same movement. I think the most I paid for any of them was below £200 brand new.

I've just been watching Kevinski Reynoldsoff and Mikey boy selling a couple of Sturmanski chronograph watches at £1200. According to Kevinski the Poljot 3133 movements in these watches are very rare, hence the high price. He also says the movements are automatic. Sorry Kev old pal, the 3133 is not automatic, but hand wound. I know this because I have four Poljot chronographs with the very same movement. I think the most I paid for any of them was below £200 brand new.

I've a couple of poljot too, one with the 3133 and one with 31681, also have a Stela with the 3133, like you didn't pay anywhere near £1200 for them.
Poljot24.de even have their OKEAH, half the price of what IW are charging at £570.
Thought they sounded even more desperate than usual, to glamour up the watches, trying to compare them with luxury watches time and time again. there is nothing wrong with the watches they were selling last night, so there was no need for the over the top hyping/nonsense of what they are, it just puts people off.

PS

This forum has changed somewhat lately, it's like AD central. I know forums like these need ads to raise money, but IMO it should be done in a way as not to spoil the user's enjoyment/experience of the forum, the way it is looks like it just a page of adverts and the forum is of secondary importance. ****** awful if you as me.

I've a couple of poljot too, one with the 3133 and one with 31681, also have a Stela with the 3133, like you didn't pay anywhere near £1200 for them.
Poljot24.de even have their OKEAH, half the price of what IW are charging at £570.
Thought they sounded even more desperate than usual, to glamour up the watches, trying to compare them with luxury watches time and time again. there is nothing wrong with the watches they were selling last night, so there was no need for the over the top hyping/nonsense of what they are, it just puts people off.

PS

This forum has changed somewhat lately, it's like AD central. I know forums like these need ads to raise money, but IMO it should be done in a way as not to spoil the user's enjoyment/experience of the forum, the way it is looks like it just a page of adverts and the forum is of secondary importance. ****** awful if you as me.

I've just looked on eBay, there are plenty on 3133 chronographs for sale, including the Okeah for around the £600. Kevski, (the watch expert)must know that they are not automatic. If I bought that watch from IW for £1200 thinking it was rare and automatic, then fining it was neither, I would be really pissed off!

I've just looked on eBay, there are plenty on 3133 chronographs for sale, including the Okeah for around the £600. Kevski, (the watch expert)must know that they are not automatic. If I bought that watch from IW for £1200 thinking it was rare and automatic, then fining it was neither, I would be really pissed off!

Didn't watch much of the original show, they just annoy me too much now, so missed that bit. Watched the catch up of that show and yeah he described it as automatic, which is pretty poor for an expert.:RpS_thumbdn:
I get the feeling that he doesn't really know much about the Okeah, and was just going by the Ideal world's description on their web site, which also describes it as automatic, plus the one on IW doesn't have a display back so he probably wouldn't have noticed it was a hand winding mechanical movement and not an automatic.
Although he knows quite a bit about Vostok Europe and Mathey-Tissot etc, I wouldn't say he was a watch expert, certainly not by his comparison of bronze Vostok watch with a new bronze Eterna, saying if the Vostok had the Eterna name on it it would be worth a few thousand like the new Eterna. That just shows up how little he knows and how much he overhypes run of the mill seiko movements. The Vostok has a run of the mill NH35 movement, which is used by many low cost watch brands against an Eterna which has the new Eterna in-house Caliber 39 range of modular movements in it.

Didn't watch much of the original show, they just annoy me too much now, so missed that bit. Watched the catch up of that show and yeah he described it as automatic, which is pretty poor for an expert.:RpS_thumbdn:
I get the feeling that he doesn't really know much about the Okeah, and was just going by the Ideal world's description on their web site, which also describes it as automatic, plus the one on IW doesn't have a display back so he probably wouldn't have noticed it was a hand winding mechanical movement and not an automatic.
Although he knows quite a bit about Vostok Europe and Mathey-Tissot etc, I wouldn't say he was a watch expert, certainly not by his comparison of bronze Vostok watch with a new bronze Eterna, saying if the Vostok had the Eterna name on it it would be worth a few thousand like the new Eterna. That just shows up how little he knows and how much he overhypes run of the mill seiko movements. The Vostok has a run of the mill NH35 movement, which is used by many low cost watch brands against an Eterna which has the new Eterna in-house Caliber 39 range of modular movements in it.

As far as I'm concerned, Reynolds is full of Bull ****. I think he only knows how to buy and sell watches, and that's it, the rest he just makes up. When he talks about helium release valves, it's quite obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about!

Oh, and those Vostok Europe watches that cost £800 and £900 with an NH35 movement, what a rip off. You can buy those movements for as little as £22. I've just ordered one to install in an old Seiko. They're not a bad movement, but should be nowhere near a watch at those ridiculous prices!

Noticed on last night's watch show that they were trying something new, namely having interactive polls on the Ideal World website with the results displayed on-screen during the presentation. Which is fine in theory but turned out to be rather embarrassing for them, because when they asked viewers to select their favourite watch out of three choices, the Big Z Automatic they were heavily promoting that evening kept on coming last in their poll as evident in this picture. Oops :RpS_thumbup:

Vostok Watches on Ideal World
Incidentally the Big Z Automatic is visible on the left of the picture, and is thankfully also available in black as well as the bright yellow colour.

See Kevin Reynold using scare tactics re ETA, but no need to worry, still be plenty of quality watches from the Swatch Group Brands, Certina, Tissot, Mido, Rado, Hamilton, etc etc with ETA movements, of course none of them will be on Ideal World.:RpS_wink:

See Horologist has anew meaning according to Ideal world, you just need to collect watches to be a Horologist now.
I also notice Constantin Weisz new range have the Made in Germany on them, which seems a bit strange. I know they've had Made in Germany before, but they were all specials, ie they were watches with non Chinese movements and dials, so obviously made sense to get the cases etc from China and to have them assembled in Germany with the Movement and special dials. But most of this new range is just the standard fully Chinese made case, dial, movements etc, so why ship all the disassembled parts to Germany to have the watch re-assembled there, where watchmaker labour costs will be a lot more expensive than China? And if they are trying to improve the brands reputation, by being made in Germany, why put cheap Chinese movements in them? With watch buyers getting more savvy as to where watches are actually made (as apposed to what the devious microbrands may claim, I wonder if CW are using a Swiss Legend type tactic here? :RpS_wink:

See Horologist has anew meaning according to Ideal world, you just need to collect watches to be a Horologist now.
I also notice Constantin Weisz new range have the Made in Germany on them, which seems a bit strange. I know they've had Made in Germany before, but they were all specials, ie they were watches with non Chinese movements and dials, so obviously made sense to get the cases etc from China and to have them assembled in Germany with the Movement and special dials. But most of this new range is just the standard fully Chinese made case, dial, movements etc, so why ship all the disassembled parts to Germany to have the watch re-assembled there, where watchmaker labour costs will be a lot more expensive than China? And if they are trying to improve the brands reputation, by being made in Germany, why put cheap Chinese movements in them? With watch buyers getting more savvy as to where watches are actually made (as apposed to what the devious microbrands may claim, I wonder if CW are using a Swiss Legend type tactic here? :RpS_wink:

I think 'Made In Germany' should read 'Assembled In Germany', (perhaps?)
German watches are a lot more expensive than the pieces of tat on display this evening. I wouldn't want any of them for free!

I think 'Made In Germany' should read 'Assembled In Germany', (perhaps?)
German watches are a lot more expensive than the pieces of tat on display this evening. I wouldn't want any of them for free!

Yeah, maybe Assembled in Germany, is a bit closer to the truth, but even then I'm not sure why they would do that or even if they did.
I could understand it, if like their special watches, they were adding some parts which originated in Germany, but that's not the case with the watches in question. The German Chamber of Commerce have guidelines for using Made in Germany on a product, Part of which says although some components can originate abroad, the essential parts of the product must always originate in Germany. They had 5 new Made in Germany watches on that show, pretty sure 100% of the parts of those watches (including essential parts ie movements)originated in China.
Given that actual "Made in Germany" watches by reputable German watchmaking brands are well respected and regarded as very good/high quality, I personally think this is another brand that is trying to infer a quality to their watches, by using misleading labelling (same as a couple of the so called Swiss brands on IW), that they don't deserve.
A question i would like to put to these brand owners like CW, Earnshaw, Swan & Edgar, CCCP etc etc, if they are so keen to display and point out when their watches are Swiss Made or Made in Germany, why are they so reticent to put Made in China on the watches that are made there, which is the origin for the vast majority of their watches?

Latest posts

Back