Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone see Mike Mason on last night at 10pm with the cooking chap selling pans. The sidekick asked Mike who is cooking Christmas dinner in the Mason house and Mike answered the goddess on Xmas Day and him Boxing Day. He then announced that his mother in law was coming over Christmas and did the "hilarious joke" of she is arriving on her broomstick. He then continued with utterly unfunny coments about her which did not sound jokey and made him appear a nasty bully. He just kept going on, the sidekick just ignored him and got on with the job in hand. If there is a grain of truth in his comments maybe she is unhappy about her daughter's choice of partner!

Did anyone see Mike Mason on last night at 10pm with the cooking chap selling pans. The sidekick asked Mike who is cooking Christmas dinner in the Mason house and Mike answered the goddess on Xmas Day and him Boxing Day. He then announced that his mother in law was coming over Christmas and did the "hilarious joke" of she is arriving on her broomstick. He then continued with utterly unfunny coments about her which did not sound jokey and made him appear a nasty bully. He just kept going on, the sidekick just ignored him and got on with the job in hand. If there is a grain of truth in his comments maybe she is unhappy about her daughter's choice of partner!

Mike, the 1900's called. The want their sexist attitude back ...

The drill bit demo seems so dodgy (in my opinion, not this site's)

The gentleman says he will hold the drill bit against the machine for 5 seconds. well it only takes about 2 seconds to watch his version of 5 seconds.

But surprise surprise (go away cilla) the generic drill bit manages to stay on for the full 5 seconds, if not longer.

The drill bit demo seems so dodgy (in my opinion, not this site's)

The gentleman says he will hold the drill bit against the machine for 5 seconds. well it only takes about 2 seconds to watch his version of 5 seconds.

But surprise surprise (go away cilla) the generic drill bit manages to stay on for the full 5 seconds, if not longer.

Sounds like a rather boring demo, - mabee the demo guy wanted more than a bit part on the tele?

That radiator (pick of the day from Thursday 18th) is just amazing.

''it is not magic, it's technology''

actually it's something rhyming with hollocks mate.

Sorry if I have mentioned this before, but Shaun Ryan telling the viewers how long he has worked for IW for is getting like the IW's version of waterboarding torture, YES SHAUN WE KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN THERE FOR NEARLY 15 YEARS !!!!! so we don't need any references to products you sold or when, and you sold the first one ever 15 years ago, hard to believe it was 15 years ago, the year 2000 is when I started at IW, that is 15 years now !!!!!!!!:mysmilie_51: Jeez

Do you think he's feeling threatened by the influx of Ex Bid presenters? Maybe he's been ordered to 'camp it up' al la Peter and Mike lol

OMG, cannot believe Dennice has referenced her special needs daughter in her xmas message!!!!!! Words fail me.

Can you imagine going into PC world or John Lewis and the sales man says " my son has downs syndrome and he likes this laptop"
you'd walk out thinking "what a mutant"......

Dennice never puts her brain in gear... she just spouts inane drivel, how she ever got a presenting job I will never know. I rarely watch IW now as they have moved the watchable presenters to the craft channels.....

OMG, cannot believe Dennice has referenced her special needs daughter in her xmas message!!!!!! Words fail me.

Can you imagine going into PC world or John Lewis and the sales man says " my son has downs syndrome and he likes this laptop"
you'd walk out thinking "what a mutant"......

Makes you wonder, doesn't it, using your daughter as a sales prop, that would be a cynical pitch.

Anyone find it weird how the old technology advert seems to be played more and more?

First it tells us they sell the latest technology, whilst showing Janice (looking a lot younger) handling some very old and boxy looking technology. They then tell us they sell 'the biggest brands' whilst names of companies I've not seen being sold on the channel in years being flashed up on screen (Flip went out of busines!). Or do they think GoClever and Hanspree are big names in the technology world?

Surely they could make a new advert, all it does is show how far Ideal World has fallen when their only big technology brand's are TomTom and the occasional reconditioned Ipads from Apple.

And whilst on the subject, Dennice was spouting rubbish this afternoon about some mobile phone- 'unlimted storage'- more like up to 32GB, but Janice didn't bother correcting her.

Do you think he's feeling threatened by the influx of Ex Bid presenters? Maybe he's been ordered to 'camp it up' al la Peter and Mike lol

Wouldn't be difficult for him to do...judging from the men he would appear with in the halls of residence when we were at uni together :wink:

And whilst on the subject, Dennice was spouting rubbish this afternoon about some mobile phone- 'unlimted storage'- more like up to 32GB, but Janice didn't bother correcting her.
Partially correct in that the amount of Micro SD cards you can replace 'is' unlimited, but I notice she doesn't use the motorway analogy to describe the speeds of memory cards vs built in memory, where the SD card is a single backstreet as opposed to a 32 or 64 lane highway, which is why they always have some built in storage for the OS and not much else, so you get's what you pay for.

I think looking at Ideal world's adverts is a good indicator of a lot of things. The advert with Lottie voicing over for the fashion, the technology advert with Debbie Shore, so old they are still mentioning netbooks there and no tablets, and the fantastic sale advert with Mike just standing somewhere shouting at us, seems every expense is spared. Christ, even Marion, the elizabeth grant mouthpiece doesn't come anymore and they have hired someone in this country to do it, how long before James is sending his cat to do the protocol shows.......

Latest posts

Back