Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well Peter straight into lying mode. :rolleyes:
So very very....very true, Peter introduced a watch......then went silent for 4 or 5 seconds max, then he energetically and dramatically says we have 4 on the web and 2 on the phonelines.........What utter utter bull Peter!!! How could you possibly know that information so fast?

Meanwhile Kev is giving the viewer his wisdom of space and beyond 🤖🤖 these two arent even close to being funny for the comedy act that they are!

There was a member on one of the watch groups I'm on who posted a picture of a Vostok amphibia he has, another chap commented that he'd seen vostoks on TV that he liked but thought they were a bit chunky 😁 I had to explain that they were two different companies, one was a real Russian brand with heritage, the other was an overpriced poor imitation 🤔

There was a member on one of the watch groups I'm on who posted a picture of a Vostok amphibia he has, another chap commented that he'd seen vostoks on TV that he liked but thought they were a bit chunky 😁 I had to explain that they were two different companies, one was a real Russian brand with heritage, the other was an overpriced poor imitation 🤔

Yeah there is a lot of folks who seem to confuse the two, as you say two different companies and two totally different styles, although originally when they first started, VE used a lot of Vostok movements and had closer style to Vostok, nowadays they're mostly using Seiko & Citizen/Miyota and look nothing like Vostok watches.
As always, if anybody like the watches, don't buy early/straight away, wait, despite their incessant harping on about limited editions, most of their watches are easily available (at many outlets) a few years down the line and at far more realistic prices. ;)

Now we have 1st in the UK to see the Space Race chronos.

That is unless you've bought one from Reynolds son's web site.

It's been one lie after another tonight.:rolleyes:

Reynolds on the Space Race auto rose gold, saying - "you're the first in the world to see it on a milanese bracelet."

Yeah we believe you Kev, NOT. :ROFLMAO:

Wow!!!! Wish they'd thought of a watch that lit up at the touch of a button when I was a lad 😎 who in their right mind would pay £170 for a cheap quartz 🤔🤣

Missed the show, watching football.

As Shona would say, super, super cheap quartz.;)

You don't get any cheaper than this thing, it's probably the cheapest lowest quality quartz movement Miyota do and only costs £2 or £3.

Totally off topic. Where did Andy and Loen go?
They went over to Create and Craft, it was a example of letting two perfectly good presenters, go to be replaced by Bid Morons, they are still happily married.

Both to be moved to the Craft Store after being they bought Create and Craft.

During the next few weeks, Janice Phillips is returning to Create and Craft from the Craft Store for a few shifts. Janice being one IW let go. she knew her technology, but they went to Peter V.

They went over to Create and Craft, it was a example of letting two perfectly good presenters, go to be replaced by Bid Morons, they are still happily married.

Both to be moved to the Craft Store after being they bought Create and Craft.

During the next few weeks, Janice Phillips is returning to Create and Craft from the Craft Store for a few shifts. Janice being one IW let go. she knew her technology, but they went to Peter V.
Thank you. I liked both Andy and Loen. Lots of personality and liked their presentation styles. Pleased they are both still together.

The sale of C&C and planned changes for IW are interesting. I've said before, longer term, selly telly can't survive in its current format. Younger folk (future customers) watch less and less 'sit down' scheduled telly, preferring to watch on mobile devices as and when they feel like it. So it's no surprise expanding online forms part of the strategy.

I've not watched IW for weeks and I bet they're still flogging the same old stuff, fronted by cringe presenters.

With the advent of Amazon and other online giants, why the f*** anyone still wants to buy from places like this goodness only knows. As their older audience start to depart this world, they'll increasingly be up against it.

I remember (Peter Sherlock?) perched on a barstool saying with a smug look on his face 'we're not going anywhere' on Bid ... a few weeks later they shut up shop ;)

Latest posts

Back