Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wait a minute, this article is surely FAKE news! She looks like this with NO use of Elizabeth Grant, FabuLift or Protocol?!? Nah, can't be true, we NEED all the aforementioned to keep us looking and feeling young!!!

See Big Kevski is back on Tuesday night, no listing of what watches are on the show yet.

But if it's Vostok Europe, wonder if he's been told by Igor to get his act together and start telling the factual story of Vostok Europe and not Kev's made up garbage he's spouted a few times, which could damage their reputation, ie the totally nonsense stories like, that Vostok were originally in Moscow and moved 90% of their staff 20 years ago to Lithuanian and created the Vostok Europe brand to be nearer the EU and European market.

BTW on Vostok Europe, remember they are not a Russian watchmaker, nor have they ever been. Yes their predecessor company worked with Vostok, in Chistopol, supply instrumentation for Soviet Space Industry, but that ended when the Soviet Union collapsed, then they got into watch making instead. They are in Lithuanian (EU & Nato country) and have the Ukrainian flag on their web site in support.

Wonder if in future Igor will be using less of Soviet Era events to name his watches after.
I wouldn't be surprised if, just behind the cameras, they have massive cards with 'DON'T MENTION RUSSIA' written on them to ensure the likes of Peter S don't slip up. I wouldn't trust that 'professional presenter' not to slip up.

Having seen tonight's schedule, the 10.30pm watch show is presented by Shona therefore it's someone who's less likely to disastrously slip-up like Simon Peters, and even I may be tuning in to see how well Kevski steers round all the implied Russian heritage 'gotchas'; listed for tonight the VEareOne, Almaz, GAZ-14 and Expedition N1 watches which shouldn't be too taxing though how much Kevski will backtrack on what he's said in the past remains to be seen.

The overriding perception of this casual viewer according to the Gospel of Kevski is that Vostok Europe was a Russian company with Russian heritage, therefore there's a hell of a lot of backtracking for them to do for that brand, but there again we can also assume it was fully sanctioned (and indeed openly encouraged) by Vostok Europe as long as it sold watches.

Not sure what to make of the Vostok-Europe website, looks like someone has been messing around with their history because of the events in Europe :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Good Afternoon. My name is Den. Thatā€™s D for Delectableā€¦E for Entrancing and N for Ninety - My Age. Expect a presentation full of my unwanted family references and anecdotes. Beginning with my bodybuilding superfit hunk of a husband with a resting heartbeat of 42ā€¦

Oh, but there WERE Vostocks listed for tonight's show earlier today but now they're all gone. Therefore either someone later realised there was an error or someone from Ideal World reads this forum :)

Yeah they were listed before, strange they've removed them, when they still list the Aviator P39 Airacobra, which has an even stronger connection to Russia than Vostok Europe, seeing as Aviator (like Buran Sa) is a subsidiary of Volmax.

Not sure what to make of the Vostok-Europe website, looks like someone has been messing around with their history because of the events in Europe :unsure::unsure::unsure:

It's a bit confusing, but basically, when the Soviet Union broke up, Vostok had no money to pay the company Igor (he was a Physicist) worked for, so paid them in Vostok watches, sold watches quickly and he and 3 others guys decided to start making and selling watches, so initially got help from Poljot, then Vostok making/selling watches, but then decided old style Russian watches wasn't what they wanted to make/sell, so decided to create the Vostok Europe brand and go a whole different direction, although they were using Vostok movements in their earlier watches, they're mostly Seiko / Citizen movements now.

Oh the clocks have a lot of 1 star reviews. :ROFLMAO:

Seemingly a problem with delivery, nothing to do with him, watchbase nothing to do with Mathey-Tissot or Vostok Europe (why would it have anything to do with them is baffling). So who was at fault Kev?
I caught that bit. Do you think he was having a subtle dig at IW themselves? He must have mentioned nearly everyone in the supply chain except them. Or ... surely he wasn't ... meaning the Russia/Ukraine situation was to blame?

Of course, in the faux reality world of selly telly, does it even get a mention? I don't watch enough of it to know. Why aren't they donating a % from each sale made to the Ukrainian cause?

I see they were selling drones yet again tonight and the remote control car that farts smoke out its ar5e ... you know ... THEE toy of Christmas 2021 according to Peter S :) ;) :)

I caught that bit. Do you think he was having a subtle dig at IW themselves? He must have mentioned nearly everyone in the supply chain except them. Or ... surely he wasn't ... meaning the Russia/Ukraine situation was to blame?

Of course, in the faux reality world of selly telly, does it even get a mention? I don't watch enough of it to know. Why aren't they donating a % from each sale made to the Ukrainian cause?

I see they were selling drones yet again tonight and the remote control car that farts smoke out its ar5e ... you know ... THEE toy of Christmas 2021 according to Peter S :) ;) :)

It's a curious one.

On this occasion, i'm 100% certain it ain't IW that caused the problem :eek:, they don't stock or have anything to do with the deliveries for Reynold's watches, they are sent direct to customers from his Watchbase company. The only thing IW would do is pass on the orders to Reynolds, which i'm pretty sure they would have or he would have been on asking where is the orders for the clocks from last night's show.

Having looked at the 13th Feb show, (I know i'm a sad idiot :ROFLMAO:) a couple of things struck me, which then gives me my theory. Peter, all excited about the clocks, as they were only getting them because Baselworld was cancelled and they weren't sure they would have them for the show, said they were couriered to us on Tuesday (which would have been the 8th, Show was on Sunday night the 13th), Kev said he was happy as well, again like Peter wasn't sure when they would get them but he was told they were on their way.

Ok so my theory is they had the samples for the show, and had been informed the clocks were on their way by courier, but where i think they made the mistake was both Kev and IW assumed the clocks were coming from Switzerland, think Kev and Peter were under the wrong impression these were made in Switzerland by Mathey-Tissot, so clocks would probably be at Watchbase at the start of that week, but in fact they were coming from China direct from the manufacturer of the clocks, the true origins of these clocks, which would add 2/3 weeks for the courier to get to Watchbase.

Of course could be wrong.:ROFLMAO:

It's a curious one.

On this occasion, i'm 100% certain it ain't IW that caused the problem :eek:, they don't stock or have anything to do with the deliveries for Reynold's watches, they are sent direct to customers from his Watchbase company. The only thing IW would do is pass on the orders to Reynolds, which i'm pretty sure they would have or he would have been on asking where is the orders for the clocks from last night's show.

Having looked at the 13th Feb show, (I know i'm a sad idiot :ROFLMAO:) a couple of things struck me, which then gives me my theory. Peter, all excited about the clocks, as they were only getting them because Baselworld was cancelled and they weren't sure they would have them for the show, said they were couriered to us on Tuesday (which would have been the 8th, Show was on Sunday night the 13th), Kev said he was happy as well, again like Peter wasn't sure when they would get them but he was told they were on their way.

Ok so my theory is they had the samples for the show, and had been informed the clocks were on their way by courier, but where i think they made the mistake was both Kev and IW assumed the clocks were coming from Switzerland, think Kev and Peter were under the wrong impression these were made in Switzerland by Mathey-Tissot, so clocks would probably be at Watchbase at the start of that week, but in fact they were coming from China direct from the manufacturer of the clocks, the true origins of these clocks, which would add 2/3 weeks for the courier to get to Watchbase.

Of course could be wrong.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah agreed, it was a bit strange. Your conclusions may well be right. Regardless, it was a very politician-like speech, mentioning all the things that weren't to blame and not what/who was.

Yeah agreed, it was a bit strange. Your conclusions may well be right. Regardless, it was a very politician-like speech, mentioning all the things that weren't to blame and not what/who was.

Very true, should have been very easy to inform viewers/customers of who was to blame, in fact any decent company would have been honest with customers but it's IW were dealing with here. That's why I think they couldn't mention who was to blame as that would have given away where the clocks were actually coming from and not the false location that they were peddling in the shows, ie China not Switzerland. As well as making many claims the clocks were made in Switzerland he also made reference to the movement being designed in the Black Forest, Germany many times during the presentation, while a movement may have originally been designed in Germany, the movements used in these clocks is 100% Chinese made, same as the clock (which i purchased from Ali a few years ago) i have, which as i posted before is available on Ali in many different dial colours and designs at a quarter of the price IW are charging.

I hopped on earlier tonight and Mike M was saying how IW's 22nd anniversary celebrations start soon.

I wonder if they've got any of the 21st anniversary Vostok's left, you know, the ones that were going to go like proverbial hotcakes a year ago ;) Maybe they can flog them as part of the 22nd anniversary ... just stamp a 2 over the 1 and bob's your uncle :)

I know this isnā€™t properly a fit to IW, but did anyone watch ā€˜The Apprenticeā€™ selly telly edition last week? It was hosted on TJC and there was a guy offering the contestants advice on how to cope. I thought all the way through that I recognised his voice but I couldnā€™t recognise him. Having just seen Peter Simon, I realised who it was (I think). It was Andy Hodgson ex-Bid tv. The guy who used to seem ok, but then went to Auction World as a bigwig. He looked really different but Iā€˜d swear it was him. Did anyone else see?

Latest posts

Back