Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to concur with most of the recent comments, don't watch half as much as I used to due to the repetitive and boring sales patter. I only tune in for the watch shows as I'm not interested in the other stuff. I laugh at Reynolds, miss Garrards, Emma Boydell, all four corners, the Fields but I still shout and want to punch Bordell😂 must be just him 🤔

Lee from Ventnor, that's a blast from the past! Haven't heard any mention of him but I don't watch much, usually just during the adverts if I'm watching another channel on live telly.

I went to the Isle of Wight last year for a short break, I should have looked him up as I did go to Ventnor. I would have easily spotted him due to his impressive watch (and no, that's not a euphemism...🤔).

Anyway, nice to see you back here!
Yes Mutters, Lee from Ventnor is easily spotted walking the streets of Ventnor! He is the one who has one normal size arm, and the other one, the size of Popeye after his Spinach, with all the scrap iron from the watches on his wrist LOL. Occasionally, and I mean a tiny bit, I watch a bit of IW on You tube when one of 2 things happen. The first is if I'm blind drunk, and order tons of stuff and leave it in my basket, with no intention of paying for it Mwah Ha Ha - yes, that person is me, sorry, (not), and secondly, if I'm stone cold sober, and order tons of stuff and leave it etc etc etc. For the not so faint of heart, there are lots of bloopers from the old days still doing the rounds. I lost interest in selly telly when the lovely Rachael Pearman left / moved on.
It's always nice to pop in here, I do more and more, and miss it, I will try and make it more regularly - please forgive me, I am but a simple soul. Hope all is well peeps! Have a good afternoon / evening.

Okay so just had a look in and low and behold Reynolds mentioning 47 years involved with watches, must have started when he was 19, but anyway he’s still flogging the Charmex watch.

So he keeps spouting the same rubbish about COSC, showing the certificate he says – “COSC have awarded that watch a certificate, inside there is the calibration results that took over two weeks to fine tune and tweek, to get this watch calibrated in 7 different position for perfect timekeeping, blah blah, this is a unique piece of paper, this piece of paper is worth £3-£4,000 in it’s own right, this movement has been to the supreme court of calibrating chronographs in the world.”

The bits in bold is nothing but utter nonsense, and the bit in red is a load of utter bullshit and as for the bit in green, well all i can do is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. It's bad enough he's calling them the supreme court of calibrating which they don't actually do, just testing, but COSC don't test the chronograph function on a watch, they ONLY deal with the timekeeping aspect of a watch (to see if it meets the superior timekeeping standards to be called a Chronometer), hence why they are called the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute.

You would think after 47 years dealing with watches he would know what COSC Laboratories actual do, but obviously not.:ROFLMAO:

Okay so just had a look in and low and behold Reynolds mentioning 47 years involved with watches, must have started when he was 19, but anyway he’s still flogging the Charmex watch.

So he keeps spouting the same rubbish about COSC, showing the certificate he says – “COSC have awarded that watch a certificate, inside there is the calibration results that took over two weeks to fine tune and tweek, to get this watch calibrated in 7 different position for perfect timekeeping, blah blah, this is a unique piece of paper, this piece of paper is worth £3-£4,000 in it’s own right, this movement has been to the supreme court of calibrating chronographs in the world.”

The bits in bold is nothing but utter nonsense, and the bit in red is a load of utter bullshit and as for the bit in green, well all i can do is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. It's bad enough he's calling them the supreme court of calibrating which they don't actually do, just testing, but COSC don't test the chronograph function on a watch, they ONLY deal with the timekeeping aspect of a watch (to see if it meets the superior timekeeping standards to be called a Chronometer), hence why they are called the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute.

You would think after 47 years dealing with watches he would know what COSC Laboratories actual do, but obviously not.:ROFLMAO:
Yes, I saw this total nonsense 🤔😁 do they actually sell any of the Charmex watches, a waste of a good movement IMO😕 an ugly monstrosity, I guess some must like it. There seems to be a few of them for sale, if you have a quick look on the web but not for me at any price. That kind of money can buy some seriously nice watches from well respected manufacturers.

I confess to hopping on last night between proper telly progs. I seem to time hopping on 'just right' and catch the start of bullsh1tting in some form or other. Mind you, considering they bullsh1t 99% of the time, it wouldn't be hard to do so ;)

Mike 'master bullsh1tter' M was flogging a watch. Cue the 'I really want one of these but we're not allowed to ...' blah blah BULLSH1T. Ask a friggin' family member or friend to buy one for you if IW don't allow presenter/staff purchases which can't be true cause they sometimes say 'I've bought one of these' unless that's also BULLSH1T ;)

He then does his usual routine asking how many left blah blah BULLSH1T. 'Rights guys, we have 6 people fighting over the last 3, so you know what you have to do!'

Emmm, if there are 6 'fighting over' the last 3 ... why didn't it SELL OUT then?!?!?!?

IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE SPOUTING UTTER DRIVEL PER CHANCE?????????????????????????

I confess to hopping on last night between proper telly progs. I seem to time hopping on 'just right' and catch the start of bullsh1tting in some form or other. Mind you, considering they bullsh1t 99% of the time, it wouldn't be hard to do so ;)

Mike 'master bullsh1tter' M was flogging a watch. Cue the 'I really want one of these but we're not allowed to ...' blah blah BULLSH1T. Ask a friggin' family member or friend to buy one for you if IW don't allow presenter/staff purchases which can't be true cause they sometimes say 'I've bought one of these' unless that's also BULLSH1T ;)

He then does his usual routine asking how many left blah blah BULLSH1T. 'Rights guys, we have 6 people fighting over the last 3, so you know what you have to do!'

Emmm, if there are 6 'fighting over' the last 3 ... why didn't it SELL OUT then?!?!?!?

IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE SPOUTING UTTER DRIVEL PER CHANCE?????????????????????????
How dare you say they are talking bull ****.

Lovely to see my name is DEN is Roussos back in work, hosting on the fashion parade this evening. The dress and dark glasses and black tights not quite her (hand)bag, though.

Jonathan Bordell there, over 150 "there's" already 😂 rgmt and shonky seconds hand all over the place 😁 no wonder they're flogging 2 for one 🙄

Just tuned in and Bordello is on selling more RGMT. Giving a history of the brand to varney and everything coming out of Bordell's gob is nothing but utter lies, ie started in US, team of experts over there started the brand and design the watches, then brought over to Europe for IW, never have enough of them as they only get a small allocation of stock from the states, blah blah. Just a load of absolute bullshit.

No mention that RGMT web site is actually set up and run from London, no mention that the design team are actually in Hong Kong, no mention that the stock actually come from China and no mention that RGMT is just a range of watches by Solar Time in Hong Kong and ditributed by their subsidiary The Dartmouth Brands.

Just switched over to a Garden Bargains show with Genevieve and Angela and thought I must be having a stroke due to absolutely nothing they were saying making sense.
Between them stumbling over their words, interrupting each other, getting the products wrong, the director showing the wrong product or not going back to the presenters when they were trying to show an item, then the wrong item listing being shown. The show was a complete, badly prepared mess.
Given that they have the same items on weekly with the same old patter, especially that ****** compost, you'd think it would be a walk in the park putting the gardening shows on.

Don’t tend to watch much IW these days, but I was flicking last night and found Paul Bere selling Carshark.

He come out with the line, we alL clammer for the hours during weekends like this so we want the sales, which I took as they get comission, no wonder they over hype and lie: customers think these presenters are there friends but they are not.

Peter V was on as the resident Carshark expert,

I like Dean but he has got a difficult start. I am watching the Morphic M76 and I’ve got no idea what the time is showing. The hour is somewhere between 8 and 9? And the gift they have got is one of the social distance key, must be at least 18 months since I have seen one of those!

Latest posts

Back