Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dean Wilson was never my favourite presenter but he might do well on the watch shows if he doesn't try to take over and be the funny man. People would be more likely to buy from him than Mike Mason.

CC

I saw him last night doing some kind of snoring product. Always seemed a pleasant enough individual. but for me, difficult to watch. Depends what they are looking for now as the channel selling style as to whether he can last or not. I think he would struggle doing the hard sell Mason type approach. I suppose that’s why he and the other presenters of that type got shifted to the craft channel. Tries to sell almost as an afterthought to being all matey and soft and amusing with you. As opposed to almost bullying you into buying with the diminishing numbers game of some. The jury is out as to whether he can fit in 2022 on this channel.

I saw two Deans last night, a straight faced one while selling the watches.

But during the Snore Wizard show he seemed more himself, jokey and laughy and not hard sell, he had won Craft Personailty for 7 years.

He did say at the beginning of the sno show, thanks for all the kind facebook messages of people who followed him from create and craft. And some had tuned into IW for first time to see him back on air

I do wonder with him being freelance, if he may end up doing the Create and Craft again, he did say on Instagram that he hadn’t forgot craft.

And the new channel already seem to struggle when a presenter is off, they have already had to resort to using a guest in Dawn wheeler as a presenter

If I am being completely honest, I would say he’s too nice and too professional a person to fit now. I think being sincere and decent with people is more his priority than with some who I won’t name on there already.

I think he strikes me as the sort of person who would want some evidence of fact before he presented something as one.

I’ve known Jim for three hundred and eighty years at least.. We probably did our first watch show, showcasing the Edward East Puritan watch in 1640. Stay safe…Social Distance…Wear Your Masks…

Must admit it was to see Dean why I mainly tuned in.

Ended up buying the combination lock style watch.

i noticed on the watch show even Emma the guest was being sensible

Watched the catch up show to see what this presenter is like, and although it might have seemed she was sensible she was still her ignorant self spouting crap, it was just that the presenter didn't give her much chance to say much as he kept butting in, obviously likes the sound of his own voice, and he blethers as much crap about watches as the others do.;)

Combination lock watch, take it you mean the drumroller watch?

You can get them on Ali for a lot less, or go to Poljot24 (German site) and get the original drum roller watches from Red Star watches, which contrary to what Boydell says, are the folks that came up with the design and movement.

Thing with Dean Wilson is, he admits he is hyper, he used to say on Create and Craft, he used to enjoy going into work making his colleagues and the viewers have a good day, he would say if he made one person happy that is what he wanted.

His knowledge of watches probably isn’t very high.

I haven't seen IW for a while but I watched a segment from the 'Muddy Fox' e bike presentation yesterday. Shawn 'George Formby' Crawley was on with beardy bike man. The pair were clearly the same height as each other but when speaking about how the bike frame sizes fit different people of varying eights, Shawn mentioned that he was 6'4" and BBM stated he - BBM - was 5'10"!?

Did anyone else pick up on that one?

Between Crawley and Beardy Bike Man (Tim I think?) I would trust the BBM to tell the truth, and from what I've seen I don't think Crawley is incredibly tall either. Did see a short segment of the Muddy Fox Electric Avenue last night (note it's just 'Avenue' on the bike possibly for copyright concerns), and some of the frame welding may be functional but hardly elegant and very rough-looking (definitely budget bike territory here), though by far the biggest concern is the pathetic range for what's still a very expensive bicycle hence they keep quoting the figure in kilometers when 17 or so miles (realistically could be a lot less) is pathetic for an electrically-assisted bicycle unless extremely lightweight (it isn't). You're not going off on long adventures if you buy this one, and you can buy a hell of a lot better for the same money elsewhere.

BRAN NEW M sport waterless wash and wax at ideal, same as before but new branding.......

or....

BRAN NEW M sport waterless wash and wax at ideal, same as before but new branding.......

or....

Well tune in to see what was going on and low and behold, just the usual pack of lies.

Yeah it's just another licensed product, one of many that Assured Products make, same stuff inside the bottles as the other licensed waterless wax they make, just a different name on the label.

And see Peter is at it again with the, "world exclusive", "first to see and buy" etc, somebody should tell him that Assured products have already been selling it on their own retail web site, through their ebay store and also through their Amazon Marketplace store, which has been selling it since December last year (so 4 months before Ideal World's World Exclusive). :ROFLMAO:

Well tune in to see what was going on and low and behold, just the usual pack of lies.

Yeah it's just another licensed product, one of many that Assured Products make, same stuff inside the bottles as the other licensed waterless wax they make, just a different name on the label.

And see Peter is at it again with the, "world exclusive", "first to see and buy" etc, somebody should tell him that Assured products have already been selling it on their own retail web site, through their ebay store and also through their Amazon Marketplace store, which has been selling it since December last year (so 4 months before Ideal World's World Exclusive). :ROFLMAO:

He also made up a lie about how he 'went down to meet the team at M- Sport' and they demonstrated the product on some of the most expensive cars he had ever seen.

Latest posts

Back