Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tupperware show and IW using statistics of food wasted in the UK as a selling point. Preaching of how much bread etc we all waste each year.

Here's a thought IW, which don't you add up all the food wasted on the hundreds and hundred of live food shows (cooking, slicing, grating etc) during covid when all the food used would have been binned, then start practicing what you are preaching regarding wasting food. Here's a tip to save on food waste for you, show one live show then show repeats, viewers won't know any difference as it's the same stuff being cooked on a loop, burgers, salmon, chicken, steak and endless amounts of halloumi. ;)

They've got that Proto-col snake oil garbage on now with Dee-knees as the presenter and Sally as the expert. Why not just have Sally on her own and give Skeletor the night off? I know they use Shona and Shawn as a demonstrator when staff levels are low but they both started in that role. It's not like Sally needs the encouragement to talk.

I agree about the cooking and whatever they are cooking it’s the same stuff, nowadays I notice Jack now cooks stuff from his Cookbook which IW Stocks.

Protocol I know James has asked Sally to be the expert when he is unable to make it, But I don’t get this having a guest and a presenter.

I agree about the cooking and whatever they are cooking it’s the same stuff, nowadays I notice Jack now cooks stuff from his Cookbook which IW Stocks.

Protocol I know James has asked Sally to be the expert when he is unable to make it, But I don’t get this having a guest and a presenter.

It's all part of the illusion, to add an air of authenticity to the sales pitch, ie sales pitch will have a greater impact with an impartial product expert/guest on hand rather with just a run of the mill presenter with little knowledge of the product. Which is good in theory, but in reality, 99% of Ideal world's "Expert" / guests are far from unbiased/impartial experts giving their truthful impartial opinion and are nothing more than fakes, distributor's representatives, influencers, actors, presenters (extra hours), models, IW Staff etc all paid to play the part of unbiased "expert" to flog the products with a very biased "expert" opinion. The "Experts" on IW are there for one purpose, to aid in selling the products by whatever means possible, and being truthful doesn't figure into the scheme of things. Take the watch experts, I can only remember one, maybe 2, who I would give the benefit of doubt to, but the vast majority, Reynolds, all four corners, Fields, Bordell, Boydell, Clawley and Miss Gerrards all spout the biggest load of lies and bullshit that there is only one word to describe them "shysters", and you could say the same for most of the so called Experts/Guests on IW.

That's why EVERY product on IW is the bestest, at the bestest price you can buy, no if's or but's, no half measures, EVERYTHING is top quality luxury at bargain prices.

Oh and edited to add.

The presenters are even bigger shysters. ;)

And now we just had an example of a shitey pretendy expert spewing bullshit.

Alex Knowles is now the waterless wash and wax "expert", as well as an interiors "expert", giving us his expert knowledge on the Carnauba wax and the Carnauba tree. You know like, Carnauba wax comes from the Carnauba tree which grows in Brazil, and it needs wax in it's leaves to protect it from bird poop, cause they have lots and lots of exotic birds in the Amazon with really, really very acidic poop, which would burn through the leaves and get onto the main part of the tree. Of course Sally "me,me,me" Jacks had to add her tuppenceworth, that birds really do poop a lot cause she was at a sanctuary on Alcatraz and the birds pooped a lot and it really smelled bad, so she totally gets a tree (Carnauba tree) trying to protect itself from bird poop in the wild. Summarising, Alex said that through years of evolution, the tree created a wax on it's leaves to protect it from the rain and protect it from the acid (poop).

So there you have it from the "experts" mouth, wax in leaves to protect tree from heavy rain and acidic pooping birds of the Amazon Rain-forests.

Sounds good huh? Better add "Environment, Trees and Bird pooop" to the growing list of Alex's expertise. :whistle:

Except the Carnauba tree doesn't grow in the Amazon Rain-forest area of Brazil, which is North Western Brazil, it grows in the North Eastern area, which has a totally different climate and environment, the wax is there to stop the leaves/tree losing moisture and drying out in dry hot climate (although the area gets some rainfall during a few months, it has long dry spells for most of the year). So the tree secreting wax in it's leaves has sod all to do protecting it from rain or from birds with really really acidic poop.;)

Of course there will still be many viewers who will believe the :poop: they spew and think these "experts" and presenters are wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable honest people, salt of the earth, so they are.:ROFLMAO:

Just tuned in, Ballast watch, with an RRP of £900 (although Ballast RRP on their web site is £730). Although they are selling it for £259.99 which is still a rip off for a watch with the stuttering miyota 8215.

T
I bought two of them. One for me, the other I posted back to IW for Mike M as I know he probably wanted to buy one but couldn't.

Was thinking about buying a Boneco, Peter says temps could rise to 33 degrees on Saturday, and this weekend could be the start of a long hot summer, says get in quick as we'll need one and they are going fast.

Went and checked next weeks temps on the BBC for my area in case Boneco was needed.

Sat - 16
Sun - 16
Mon - 16
Tues - 15
Wed - 14
Thur - 14
Fri - 14
Sat - 15
Sun - 15

Looks like the long hot summer is gonna pass me by, and unless the Boneco has a heating function don't think i'll bother. :ROFLMAO:

Peter - "lets, lets just introduce our very special guest, the man you might recognise from Boneco, Chris Mott."

He's not from Boneco, he just a distributor (with his own business) that sells various makes of Fans, air purifiers etc to IW and direct to the General Public. He's like Reynolds, someone were told has been in the trade for many, many years, but in reality has only been flogging fans for half a dozen years.

I bought two of them. One for me, the other I posted back to IW for Mike M as I know he probably wanted to buy one but couldn't.

That was very thoughtful of you. (y)

Yeah, it's common knowledge in the watch collecting circles that the bald headed gimp has absolutely nae luck when it comes to buying the watches he, really, really wants.

Stauer watches on now, and embarrassing to say, PS knows more than the "expert" 😂

Noticed that, Peter was having to lead giving the details and the "expert" total contributions was "that's right", "don't have the details in front of me but think you're correct" etc. :ROFLMAO:

Think it's in the job description for "experts" on IW, that no previous experience or product knowledge is necessary or required.

But it is truly amazing how IW have manged to amass such a collection of useless so called watch "experts", ok Reynolds and Bordell have some knowledge, both having had/has their own watch business, but what little they have is totally negated by the over the top and exaggerated nonsense they come out with, re brand's/watches quality and value and of course outright lies.

Sad thing is IW's watch collecting crowd are too stupid to realise they are being conned.

Noticed that, Peter was having to lead giving the details and the "expert" total contributions was "that's right", "don't have the details in front of me but think you're correct" etc. :ROFLMAO:

Think it's in the job description for "experts" on IW, that no previous experience or product knowledge is necessary or required.

But it is truly amazing how IW have manged to amass such a collection of useless so called watch "experts", ok Reynolds and Bordell have some knowledge, both having had/has their own watch business, but what little they have is totally negated by the over the top and exaggerated nonsense they come out with, re brand's/watches quality and value and of course outright lies.

Sad thing is IW's watch collecting crowd are too stupid to realise they are being conned.
At least they had "Chineese movement" and "metal case" stamped on the case back but they only turned them over to see, once while I watched😄

On the Mathey-Tissot Wave watch Reynolds said - "there was only 100 made, we bought ALL of them, sold 65 now only 35 left".

Question for Kev, if only 100 made and you bought them all, how do you explain this?

FYI:-

Although the pics in the links have special edition on the dial, they are the same watch, they are just using pics of the original demonstration/display watch, the first time they were on IW, the original pics had special edition on them as well, they're just using a newer pic now.

Without a word of a lie I hopped on last night. Denniiisssseeeee presenting a food chopper thingy with the guy who pronounces Bamix BaYmix.

She said 'I've just asked our producer to buy me one ...'

Whoa whoa whoa. If the producer can buy items on a presenters behalf, why can't Mike M ask them to buy the watches he so strongly desires during his shows?

Or could it be they are ALL talking complete and utter BULLSH1T ?!?

:) ;) :)

Channel TJC has been mentioned on here a few times so thought I’d ask a question, has anybody ordered from them.

I ordered a fan from them today, on ordering it says 5 to 7 working days, on there FAQ it says 10 to 14 days.

Latest posts

Back