Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shona in full acting / bullshit mode, having kittens telling everyone what a bargain the Elizabeth Grant 19 piece bundle is.

Emphasising her point to the viewers (or in reality con the viewers), she picks two of the products, caviar night cream and caviar day cream, both she explains are £49.99 each, so you're paying for those two and the other 17 items are free. Of course both products are listed separately to buy on the IW web site at, you guessed it £49.99 each to add support to her claims.

But strangely the same products on IW's ebay store are only £12.99 each.

Well looks like new owners, same shyster behaviour, aye a Leopard never changes it's spots. ;)

I'll have you know that that is a total lie.

They have compliance occifers that prevent their bullshit.

They have 3 of them according to Den.

PS

I think their compliance officers are actually there to make sure staff comply with IW's ethos of lying / deceiving viewers.
I say that because, 1 compliance officer failing at the job can be put down to just incompetence / crap at their job, but 3 of them failing, then IMO that's evidence of deliberate corruption, a company wide policy to deliberately deceive and con viewers. ;)

Mason put Clawley in an awkward position last night during the Rotary show, he had to navigate his way through his description of the brand and watches without mentioning that the watches on offer tonight were Chinese owned brand and Chinese made.

Mason - Asking about the brand and saying Rotary aren't Swiss brand anymore

Clawley - ah well, yes, well ah, em, they are not Swiss anymore, but they're part of the Dreyfuss Group, London and of course Dreyfuss watches are made in Switzerland, and some Rotary watches (Les Originales range) are Swiss made (not the crap we've brought you tonight though), but they are British designed blah blah, blah.

Of course no mention of who owns the Dreyfuss Group either, names of Dreyfuss Group directors will give you a clue as to where the Dreyfuss Group owners are from, Hon, Fong, Halim, Ham, Ham & lyu. Another clue if you haven't guessed, the owners are based in the same city as Solar-Time. ;)

(same product)

17/06: LAST CHANCE TO BUY, DON'T MISS OUT!!!
06/07: LAST CHANCE TO BUY, DON'T MISS OUT!!!
23/07: LAST CHANCE TO BUY, DON'T MISS OUT!!!
04/08: LAST CHANCE TO BUY, DON'T MISS OUT!!!
18/09: LAST CHANCE TO BUY, DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Shona in full acting / bullshit mode, having kittens telling everyone what a bargain the Elizabeth Grant 19 piece bundle is.

Emphasising her point to the viewers (or in reality con the viewers), she picks two of the products, caviar night cream and caviar day cream, both she explains are £49.99 each, so you're paying for those two and the other 17 items are free. Of course both products are listed separately to buy on the IW web site at, you guessed it £49.99 each to add support to her claims.

But strangely the same products on IW's ebay store are only £12.99 each.

Well looks like new owners, same shyster behaviour, aye a Leopard never changes it's spots. ;)
BACK OFF HAMMY, THINK YOU'RE SOOOOO SMART EH?!?

I'll have you know I've been using these products for 5 years now. I should have paid in the region of £5,000 for all the product I bought, that's the very genuine RRP. However thanks to IW's massive savings I've only paid 78p over the 5 years.

I bumped into someone I've not seen for years the other day. They said to me 'You look rough as f**k!!!'

Mind you, the brand ambassador looks GREAT and it's obvious their face is completely natural, no cosmetic procedures whatsoever ...

I thought that Rotary show last night had a couple of interesting moments of it. The aforementioned one when for some reason Mason put Silly Bollards in an embarrassing position over the price range of Rotary watches they were presenting not actually being Swiss made, and then watched him squirm worse than a lizard half squashed by a Smart car trying to get out it via BS Bingo. Then, Silly Ar..trying to mention some £80 watch having a direct connection to some long dead charismatic male film star, was immediately thwarted in mid-flow by Keep Wearing Your Masks interjecting, saying words to the effect of ‘we can’t mention product connections to actual people’. Clearly shocked as he is obviously at home in we can usually say anything we like land - he looked so genuinely flabbergasted by this edict, his flabber almost fell of, so gasted was it. Are they (IW) on some kind of warning? Or are the new owners a bit more on top of what can actually be said, and what cannot, in shopping television presentations?

I'll have you know I've been using these products for 5 years now. I should have paid in the region of £5,000 for all the product I bought, that's the very genuine RRP. However thanks to IW's massive savings I've only paid 78p over the 5 years.

I bumped into someone I've not seen for years the other day. They said to me 'You look rough as f**k!!!'

Mind you, the brand ambassador looks GREAT and it's obvious their face is completely natural, no cosmetic procedures whatsoever ...
The brand ambassadors skin doesn’t even move it’s that bloddy tight, If Elizabeth Grants muck does that I’d bin it.

I thought that Rotary show last night had a couple of interesting moments of it. The aforementioned one when for some reason Mason put Silly Bollards in an embarrassing position over the price range of Rotary watches they were presenting not actually being Swiss made, and then watched him squirm worse than a lizard half squashed by a Smart car trying to get out it via BS Bingo. Then, Silly Ar..trying to mention some £80 watch having a direct connection to some long dead charismatic male film star, was immediately thwarted in mid-flow by Keep Wearing Your Masks interjecting, saying words to the effect of ‘we can’t mention product connections to actual people’. Clearly shocked as he is obviously at home in we can usually say anything we like land - he looked so genuinely flabbergasted by this edict, his flabber almost fell of, so gasted was it. Are they (IW) on some kind of warning? Or are the new owners a bit more on top of what can actually be said, and what cannot, in shopping television presentations?

I don't think the new owners are on top from what i've seen, I think on this occasion it was probably pointed out that their choice of watch/star to make a connection with was so silly that even the stupid IW sheep wouldn't believe it. The only similarity is, both watches have three sub dials (and even they aren't the same complications), apart from that NOTHING else about the two watches is similar, so to even try and make some connection is stupid & ridiculous in the extreme.
Sometimes they can get away with saying certain watches remind them of similar looking big Swiss brand watches, obviously the watch they are selling is just a cheap Chinese homage/copying features to previous watches of years gone by, so will have similar looks but not the quality, but to try and make a connection between the Rotary watch and a Daytona when they are nothing alike, is just laughable and unbelievable, but it's IW so it's too be expected. ;)

Looks like a porcelain doll, and she has the weirdest looking eyebrows.:unsure:

Mason says everyone (and he wants one too) is going to want what he's selling. Turns out it's Digihome TVs.

No thanks Mike, if i want a cheap TV, would rather go to Amazon and get a decent brand for same money.

BTW who the hell are Studio, seemingly been about for 50 years, never heard of them.

Mike says we're 9 mins into show and 55% gone, of course he doesn't mention this isn't the first program they've been on. ;)

Nice bit of panic creation selling by the extremely irritating woman with the fixed grin I can only take in very short torture bursts. Selling some fan in an unctuous style. Telling us it’s getting hotter and hotter and hotter, and in Leeds last night it heated up so much it was even hotter than it was when it was much hotter in Leeds earlier. I cannot hold any longer for old grannies turning into piles of salt in Harrogate to be addressed.

They're pushing some business/service Vintage Cash Cow now, similar to the wills or pensions shows. This firm sounds like an online Dickinson's Real Deal, you send off your old tat and they tell you what they'll pay for it. Except you can't haggle for more.

Shaun keeps telling us it's amazing and how easy it is. In reality, and going off some of the lower star reviews they don't offer to pay much. They seem to prey on those who aren't as savvy or just to lazy to use sites such as eBay or Vinted. You're better off going to Cash Converters.

Yep agreed Nellykins and as ever, Sean isnt being funny and giving it all the faux shock at how amazing Vintage Cash Cow is and he is going to use the service, I wonder if he will get a special offer or low balled like some of the low star reviews have pointed out. No doubt some of Sean's crappy watch "purchases" from IW could end up with Vintage Cash Cow.

Tough times mean tough measures for a lot of folk and low and behold IW are happy to exploit oops sorry help the vulnerable out!

I wonder if Mike will advise folk to get their worry angels valued with Vinatge Cash Cow....:confused:

Latest posts

Back