Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having just recently jumped into a swimming pool in the south of France, forgetting that on my wrist was my late father’s Breitling Top Time watch, I thought I would console myself by watching some watches apparently worth £2999.99 (Six Left!! Er..We Only Ever Had Six!!!) and compare them with a late 1960s ‘timepiece’ that genuinely was worth a four figure sum, until silly me ruined it last week…

Big Kevski & Mason back tonight with Mathey-Tissot Muonionalusta meteorite dial watch on offer.
No doubt well be getting Mason's never ending stories of his love and addiction of all things celestial 🥱, and Kevski will be educating us with his extensive horological expertise on how expensive & ground breaking it was for El Fridgio to produce a meteorite dial, normally seen in Swiss watches costing tens of thousands of pounds. Of course there will be no mention that brands like Boldr, Zelos etc have been doing affordable Muonionalusta meteorite dial watches for years. ;)

PS

As well as continually spelling Tourbillon wrong on their web site and on screen graphics, the clueless gits can't even spell Meteorite, for some strange reason they love to add in letters that don't belong, probably some idiot spelling it as it sounds. :ROFLMAO:

Uneducated shyster spelling - Meterorite, correct spelling - Meteorite
Uneducated shyster spelling - Tourbillion, correct spelling - Tourbillon

Big Kevski & Mason back tonight with Mathey-Tissot Muonionalusta meteorite dial watch on offer.
No doubt well be getting Mason's never ending stories of his love and addiction of all things celestial 🥱, and Kevski will be educating us with his extensive horological expertise on how expensive & ground breaking it was for El Fridgio to produce a meteorite dial, normally seen in Swiss watches costing tens of thousands of pounds. Of course there will be no mention that brands like Boldr, Zelos etc have been doing affordable Muonionalusta meteorite dial watches for years. ;)

PS

As well as continually spelling Tourbillon wrong on their web site and on screen graphics, the clueless gits can't even spell Meteorite, for some strange reason they love to add in letters that don't belong, probably some idiot spelling it as it sounds. :ROFLMAO:

Uneducated shyster spelling - Meterorite, correct spelling - Meteorite
Uneducated shyster spelling - Tourbillion, correct spelling - Tourbillon
I always thought Ideal World were hinting at the watchmaker who put together such a timepiece. Not Abraham Breguet and his tourbillon. Oh no. It’s Yorkshire’s finest T’ Our Billy for them.
I think I’ve been watching their rubbish too long! :)

Hang on, thought I was watching mathey Tissot 🤔 now an air conditioning unit?????
Btw, just emailed them about the meteorite spelling 😁

I have a feeling something happened while Mason was talking, and they needed to take a break to a VT but whatever they've had to run a repeat of another program, maybe someone was taken ill.

Hang on, thought I was watching mathey Tissot 🤔 now an air conditioning unit?????
Btw, just emailed them about the meteorite spelling 😁
Slap a standard movement in it and an hour, minutes, second hand and hey presto :)

'It's a really good substantial weight, very nice on the wrist. Look at the depth to the case, very impressive. And the bonus is, direct it to your face and it also keeps you cool. I'd buy one myself but we're not allowed, anyway, they're about to sell out ...'

It's both eco and financially friendly of them to flog the inflatable hot tub. When not in use, if the water temp drops to a certain level it automatically switches on e.g. to stop the water freezing. To stop the water stagnating the pump comes on every now and again to circulate the water. So it's using elec 24/7.

I mean, it's not as if folk are having to keep a close eye on their elec bills at present ... ;)

When flogging wills the other night, Paul B (with faux sincere face) was helpfully telling viewers about all the people that die without having a proper will in place. Even used the example of a neighbour.

These sort of subtle selling techniques to make the viewers panic and rush to purchase make me sick.

Just go to a local solicitor, probably be more cost effective as well.

It's both eco and financially friendly of them to flog the inflatable hot tub. When not in use, if the water temp drops to a certain level it automatically switches on e.g. to stop the water freezing. To stop the water stagnating the pump comes on every now and again to circulate the water. So it's using elec 24/7.

I mean, it's not as if folk are having to keep a close eye on their elec bills at present ... ;)
we had an inflatable hot tub. They are not cheap to run even if folks say they are. Our furry girls didn’t seem to understand our attempts at shooing them away. In the end it got punctured by them which we repaired. When we dismantled it for the winter we didn’t bother to put it back up. It was fun but wouldn’t go down that route again.

Jack on Flavorstone pans, spouting the same rubbish as Joe did.

Joe the Chef is now the Chemistry expert - Aluminium is the third best metal conductor of heat after Gold and Copper.

Yeah well, maybe if silver didn't exist, but as it does, Aluminium ain't third. ;)

They must have gone to the same school, he doesn't realise Silver exists either. ;)

or

More likely, they're both reading from the same crap script as usual.

Very rare now that they ever have any tech stuff to sell on air nowadays. Just the same old stuff, time and time and time again - pardon the watch pun. Dire fashion that just needs a plastic rain hat and a copy of the People’s Friend to accessorise with it, vibrating foot warmers, car wax, fans, where there’s a Will there’s an argument products, pots and pans, and the aforementioned armies of cheap watches. Oh and probably some other tat I have forgotten about.. Even the old goat..er lovely lady with the story on repeat has disappeared now on her mill of repetitive tread…

They had telly's on the other week. The one's Tesco sold really cheap.
Were they saying stuff like 'the same features you'll see on tv's three and four times the price!' and 'this is the same technology used in movie production and editing studios!' and 'there better be at least one left after the show cause I'll be buying it!'

Latest posts

Back