Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Were they saying stuff like 'the same features you'll see on tv's three and four times the price!' and 'this is the same technology used in movie production and editing studios!' and 'there better be at least one left after the show cause I'll be buying it!'
I don't know. I was listening to Goat the Head. Way more enjoyable.

Were they saying stuff like 'the same features you'll see on tv's three and four times the price!' and 'this is the same technology used in movie production and editing studios!' and 'there better be at least one left after the show cause I'll be buying it!'

It was the Digihome TV, it's one of Vestel's (Turkish Tv maker) brands, nothing wrong with the TVs, they're just like all those, never heard of them before, brands (which also have their TVs made by Vestel) you see in black Friday sales in the likes of ASDA, Tesco etc, just an inexspensive TV, but not of the quality IW attach to it.

I think they were using pendant type comparisons when promoting the positives of the SOS feature on the phone. Butler was droning on between annoying siren noises from his gob about his father paying £12 per month for his SOS service, and can you email in if you pay £12 or more for what is free on THIS phone. Now..that is a rather misleading (Shock!! Double Horror!!!!) sales technique on that point. Comparing apples with saffron…His father’s SOS service, I imagine, is where the user wears a pendant or similar device around his home that communicates with a monitoring service, that in turn, can then organise help by being alerted to various emergencies triggered by the pendant such as the user falling at home. Particularly with older people, their emergency may be one that means they cannot use a device themselves to get in touch with people, and need something that triggers automatically for them. Additionally, there may also be a speaker arrangement with a paid service where the user can speak to a human being immediately if in some sort of difficulty. Very different from having to press a button on a phone that then starts to ring your five named contacts - five of which may not even respond immediately and have no idea whatsoever of the nature of what has happened. And if Dad or Mum is a pain in ars..er fairly demanding, even if contacted this way, may well think ‘Oh God..using that SOS button again because the Freeview box is frozen etc..

You simply cannot use a price saving comparison of a rather basic emergency facility on the phone you are selling, to an organised, staff driven, emergency monitoring service. A completely disingenuous and inaccurate advertising comparison. You would complain to the advertising watchdog, but what’s the point? Nothing will be done if you did.

I think they were using pendant type comparisons when promoting the positives of the SOS feature on the phone. Butler was droning on between annoying siren noises from his gob about his father paying £12 per month for his SOS service, and can you email in if you pay £12 or more for what is free on THIS phone. Now..that is a rather misleading (Shock!! Double Horror!!!!) sales technique on that point. Comparing apples with saffron…His father’s SOS service, I imagine, is where the user wears a pendant or similar device around his home that communicates with a monitoring service, that in turn, can then organise help by being alerted to various emergencies triggered by the pendant such as the user falling at home. Particularly with older people, their emergency may be one that means they cannot use a device themselves to get in touch with people, and need something that triggers automatically for them. Additionally, there may also be a speaker arrangement with a paid service where the user can speak to a human being immediately if in some sort of difficulty. Very different from having to press a button on a phone that then starts to ring your five named contacts - five of which may not even respond immediately and have no idea whatsoever of the nature of what has happened. And if Dad or Mum is a pain in ars..er fairly demanding, even if contacted this way, may well think ‘Oh God..using that SOS button again because the Freeview box is frozen etc..

You simply cannot use a price saving comparison of a rather basic emergency facility on the phone you are selling, to an organised, staff driven, emergency monitoring service. A completely disingenuous and inaccurate advertising comparison. You would complain to the advertising watchdog, but what’s the point? Nothing will be done if you did.
In reality you can be sure his father doesn't have a monitoring service of any kind.
Golden rule of Shopping Telly no. 4a.... whenever a presenter says either 'my mum ' or 'my dad' you can be 100% certain that whatever follows is a falsehood.

In reality you can be sure his father doesn't have a monitoring service of any kind.
Golden rule of Shopping Telly no. 4a.... whenever a presenter says either 'my mum ' or 'my dad' you can be 100% certain that whatever follows is a falsehood.
Certainly in the case of saying ‘My Dad’. With most of them being lying basta….

They were spouting their latest mantra again the other night 'moving air is cooler air' when flogging the fancy fan.

Just not when they're flogging an AC unit, suddenly the mantra changes to 'all fans do is move warm air around ...'

;)

It's just one of the many, and I mean many, examples of Ideal World treating their viewers as idiots, as though the viewers are too stupid to remember what presenters/guests said in previous shows or too stupid to realise they are spouting utter crap.

See these 'awesome' drones they sell that have the 'awesome' HD cameras?

Why don't they show us outside footage to indicate just how good these drones and the camera footage are?

Just wondering ...

;)

He has no guest, he done a demonstration on his own, he said well we only need a small amount and you don’t have to rub.

Next minute he sprays about a third of the bottle on the bonnet, and he scrubbed so hard you could see the bonnet move.

He then said ooh I wanted to do the fire experiment, but was told he couldn’t, they didn’t need another burnt out studio.

he was selling waterless wax

I notice the big thing now with the presenters is they want you to Instagram them, really is there any tactic they won't use to manipulate the gullible?
I hopped on the other day and Mike M was saying all he did was put a question mark i.e. just this '?' in red on his social media to indicate to his followers that something was coming to IW e.g. maybe a new product but they'd have to wait to see exactly what.

According to Mike, he was inundated with direct/private messages from folk asking what the product was. Oh, the frenzy he'd created was immense ...

Interesting that he made the point he was private messaged. Of course, this conveniently means we have no way of knowing exactly how many folk messaged him. I suppose 'inundated' can mean different things to different people ;)

I suspect to Mike M it means 2 or more ;)

Peter S the other night ...

I'm tellin ya, this is probably the best <insert product here> you'll ever own!
And you'll probably never see it at this price again!!

They love using words like could, might, probably, should.

It's almost as if they need to cover themselves cause they know they spout so much bull :)
I can smell the bull**** coming through my television🤭😛

Latest posts

Back