Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter S the other night ...

I'm tellin ya, this is probably the best <insert product here> you'll ever own!
And you'll probably never see it at this price again!!

They love using words like could, might, probably, should.

It's almost as if they need to cover themselves cause they know they spout so much bull :)

It is truly amazing the amount of bull they spout on EVERY show, and even more amazing is the amount of folks that are falling for it and think these presenters are wonderful people.

The more they portray themselves as the bastians of truth, they more dishonest they sound. ;)

The round hot hub they're selling is classed as a 6 persons. Really? I'm not saying 6 folk couldn't physically fit in but my goodness, you'd be up close and (very) personal if there were 6 of you in that thing!

I'd say, given the way people like to relax in hot tubs, it's a 4 persons at most and ideally no more than 3. With 6 you'd be packed in like sardines :)

Selling the new Rug Doctor hard floor cleaner. It was definitely going to sell out during that show. However they were still selling it later that day (or maybe it was next day) as some orders 'hadn't gone through' however the few they had left would definitely sell out during that show.

Later that night, a repeat show selling you know what, the Rug Doctor hard floor cleaner. So still not 'quite' sold out then ;)

Shaun's selling tupperware and he's making sure everyone can see he's wearing a Henry London watch,
the latest top ranked luxury watch brand to feature on IW, although, despite being just another start up brand selling inexpensive Chinese made watches (a bit like Accurist/Sekonda but without the history), at least they decided to sell watches in decent sizes, ie 40mm and below with a more contemporary look, rather than the big, heavy & wacky watches that most of IW's other brands seem to think is the way forward.

So the big selling point for the tupperware is saving waste and saving money.

Cause we're all feeling the pinch and watching our money or so says Becks and Shaun. :unsure:

Really, IW presenters are feeling the pinch?

Is that the same IW presenters that are spending money like it's going out of fashion buying every single product that IW sells, not only for themselves but for family and friends as well.

Geesh wish i was feeling the pinch like IW presenters. :ROFLMAO:

PS

IW lecturer us on saving wasted food and money yet are creating waste food on many of their shows.

So the big selling point for the tupperware is saving waste and saving money.
Cause we're all feeling the pinch and watching our money or so says Becks and Shaun. :unsure:
Really, IW presenters are feeling the pinch?
Is that the same IW presenters that are spending money like it's going out of fashion buying every single product that IW sells, not only for themselves but for family and friends as well.
Geesh wish i was feeling the pinch like IW presenters. :ROFLMAO:

PS

IW lecturer us on saving wasted food and money yet are creating waste food on many of their shows.
When you stop to actually think about it, the whole concept of selly telly is a double standard when the public is living through such tough economic times. Ok yes, people still need to buy things and even IW still has the occasional good deal. However the 24/7 rammed down your throat selling is a bit rich, pardon the pun, when in reality many folk just shouldn't be buying anything at present bar the necessities.

But still they bleat on, trying to encourage folk to multi-buy, pressuring them with countdown clocks and rhetoric that is often outright lies.

LMAO

Stuart (TV expert) is an expert in tech cause he used to deliver and install TVs with his father when he was younger and used to set up folks VHS recorders for them and set up video plus. :ROFLMAO:
I don't mean to be funny Hammy, but I find that quite insulting.

I'll have you know I've set off more than a few sparklers in my time. This evidently means I'm extremely qualified, an expert if you like, in all things firework related.

Which is why I've applied to be lead designer and firework lighter at the next American Super Bowl half time show :)

A tell it like it is me ...

Just have a buy! Forget the cost of living crisis and think more about keeping the IW presenters living in the manner they are used to, Peter S will be telling us "get in the 6 person hot tub as it will PROBABLY sooooth away all the money worries that you may have! it worked for me and r'Bet"

Now we have Sally on selling TVs.......this could be a first as she hasnt said she is getting 6 yet.........theses TVs are in reality and not probably below her "standard's".

All the presenters are interested in is making as much ££££ for themselves and nothing else, and thats 100% fine but the utter bull stories they tell to sell any old item is sad, Example being Pete V talking about the 6 person hot tub at the weekend says "you could be like the footballers maybe you've always wanted a hot tub but couldnt afford one well now you can afford one".........I couldnt think of any worse than living and acting like a footballer Pete.

Just have a buy! Forget the cost of living crisis and think more about keeping the IW presenters living in the manner they are used to, Peter S will be telling us "get in the 6 person hot tub as it will PROBABLY sooooth away all the money worries that you may have! it worked for me and r'Bet"

Now we have Sally on selling TVs.......this could be a first as she hasnt said she is getting 6 yet.........theses TVs are in reality and not probably below her "standard's".

All the presenters are interested in is making as much ££££ for themselves and nothing else, and thats 100% fine but the utter bull stories they tell to sell any old item is sad, Example being Pete V talking about the 6 person hot tub at the weekend says "you could be like the footballers maybe you've always wanted a hot tub but couldnt afford one well now you can afford one".........I couldnt think of any worse than living and acting like a footballer Pete.

Funnily enough Sally was on earlier flogging fashion, said the dress she was wearing was the kind of dress you'd see footballer's wives in, she wanted to say wags but couldn't remember the name. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe linking products to footballers is the new sales tactics,

When you stop to actually think about it, the whole concept of selly telly is a double standard when the public is living through such tough economic times. Ok yes, people still need to buy things and even IW still has the occasional good deal. However the 24/7 rammed down your throat selling is a bit rich, pardon the pun, when in reality many folk just shouldn't be buying anything at present bar the necessities.

But still they bleat on, trying to encourage folk to multi-buy, pressuring them with countdown clocks and rhetoric that is often outright lies.

That's very true, especially as we don't know how bad prices will get in the future, especially for energy, whether it's electric, gas or fuel.

Marvellous demonstration by the Irish bloke with the billiard ball head and the pizza van, using some cheap cordless vacuum by a saucepan manufacturer on a completely dust and crumb free seats and dash area of a car. “I know it looks clean,” he says. “But it really is picking up things you cannot see,” he drones on in Emperor’s New Clothes style. Er..No..it really isn’t, mate. Finally…he moves to the driver’s mat that does actually have some bits on it. Perhaps this beast of a machine would spring clean a mat in a doll’s house, but on a real life sized one it seems to remove absolutely nothing whatsoever - despite him telling us it has done. If you want a decent vacuum for car use, this one ain’t it from what I saw.

Marvellous demonstration by the Irish bloke with the billiard ball head and the pizza van, using some cheap cordless vacuum by a saucepan manufacturer on a completely dust and crumb free seats and dash area of a car. “I know it looks clean,” he says. “But it really is picking up things you cannot see,” he drones on in Emperor’s New Clothes style. Er..No..it really isn’t, mate. Finally…he moves to the driver’s mat that does actually have some bits on it. Perhaps this beast of a machine would spring clean a mat in a doll’s house, but on a real life sized one it seems to remove absolutely nothing whatsoever - despite him telling us it has done. If you want a decent vacuum for car use, this one ain’t it from what I saw.

I saw that, and you are right, it was still a mess after his demo, yet he was proclaiming how good a job it was doing.:ROFLMAO:

One trick i've noticed when they do demos inside, they do a close up while they vacuum, and it's obvious it's not picking everything up as they claim, but then the camera back out and give you a camera shot from distance so it's hard/impossible to see what dirt/fluff is being left.

Got my 6 person hot tub delivered yesterday. Set it up in my front garden as I wanted everyone to see my 6 person hot tub. Couldn't wait to use my 6 person hot tub so I invited 5 of my neighbours round last night for a curry followed by a nice relaxing soak in my 6 person hot tub. I felt like a premier league footballer or a millionaire businessman.

Then I farted.

We were packed so tightly in my 6 person hot tub, the pressure created shot old Mrs Smith 10 feet into the air like a cork out a bottle! Luckily she landed on another of my IW buys, namely 500 microfibre cloths :)

She grazed a knee but I was able to buff it out with some waterless wash and wax, also bought from IW.

I saw that, and you are right, it was still a mess after his demo, yet he was proclaiming how good a job it was doing.:ROFLMAO:

One trick i've noticed when they do demos inside, they do a close up while they vacuum, and it's obvious it's not picking everything up as they claim, but then the camera back out and give you a camera shot from distance so it's hard/impossible to see what dirt/fluff is being left.
Yes, spot on.

I think one of the hardest areas to remove dust and mess from is the car interior. Dog hairs, human hairs, human skin, just general bits of grime and grit in general get ingrained and it is incredibly hard to get them out again. I can just about manage it with a £300 cordless Shark machine - but even spending that kind of money on a higher level product, you still struggle to do a really good job. There is absolutely no way a cheap machine like that and others like it can be remotely effective in what is a very difficult environment to clean. They know this as well as we do so. They are very creative/deceptive with what they try and 'hoover' up, and with camera angles and camera work in general whilst the said hopeless machine is failing to do that.

Mike while down at his market stall flogging his watches, Once again rips the viewers to shreads with his comment of "Your daft if you dont buy one" great warm friendly and inviting way of trying to sell an item by telling potential buyers they are daft. Unreal does he ever listen to himself? 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Back