Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We're selling you a watch for £120 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £140!

I find this often happens when I buy stuff.

We're selling you this car for £30,000 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £36,000!
We're selling you this house for £400,000 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £490,000!

Yes, very common occurrence.

We're selling you a watch for £120 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £140!

I find this often happens when I buy stuff.

We're selling you this car for £30,000 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £36,000!
We're selling you this house for £400,000 and giving you free gifts with a combined value of £490,000!

Yes, very common occurrence.
Doesn't happen to me in Poundland...🤣

LMAO

They have Henry on a show.

After years of slagging off corded vacuums in favour of cordless, now they are singing Henrys praises, the choice of cleaning professionals the world over, and me. :ROFLMAO:
Yep, and when Shaun mentioned sawdust, the guy demo'ing alluded to the fact modern bagged vacs might sook things like sawdust up better because the bag is often the filter i.e. no additional filters to get clogged up.

Until the (cordless) technology further improves, which it will, corded products like vacs, lawn mowers etc still very much have a place, benefitting from the constant provision of power.

I also chuckled when Shaun mentioned the Henry is built in Britain and it's good to support British business, especially in the current climate.

True.

However, I wonder what % of the products IW sell still come from other shores?

;)

Depends on who is answering the question. ;)

IW would answer by saying they support British businesses and have a high percentage of products supplied by British firms, which is true, but doesn't give an accurate answer to your question, but if an independent observer was to answer, they would probable say that while IW use a lot of British suppliers, 95% + of those products are actually made abroad and do not support British manufacturing, probably more accurate to say they are supporting foreign manufacturers in the main.
In reality IW are supporting British wholesale/retail sector rather than British manufacturing sector.

It's actually hard to think what's made here, Emma mattresses, some of the pillows, and probably a few of the interiors products, Proskins, oh weed/moss killers & waterless waxes which all come Assured Products.

Yep, and when Shaun mentioned sawdust, the guy demo'ing alluded to the fact modern bagged vacs might sook things like sawdust up better because the bag is often the filter i.e. no additional filters to get clogged up.

Until the (cordless) technology further improves, which it will, corded products like vacs, lawn mowers etc still very much have a place, benefitting from the constant provision of power.

Yet it's not long since both Bev "queen of clean" Hare (Polti) & Simon "King of clean" Lies (Beldray, Hoover etc) both claimed corded vacuums are a thing of the past, always showing some 1970s wreck of a vacuum with twisted lead to ridicule, and that cordless vacuums could equal and even surpass the performance of corded vacuums, of course during these claims they were aided with some very misleading demos and camera shots. All a load of bollocks, as you say, todays cordless vacuums, while batteries are improving, can't match the stronger/higher constant power coming from the mains.

I remember posting here a few years ago on Bev claiming one of the reasons for using cordless was she'd hasn't seen a corded vacuum with a long enough lead to reach up 13 steps in a house (which most flights of stairs are), which i said she's obviously not seen the Henry (which i have), which has a very, very long lead, which again was a plus point mentioned on last night's show.

PS

My Henry must be about 15 years old and still going strong, built like a tank. Have a cordless for quick jobs, but it's not in the same league, especially on carpets, works well enough on hardfloors. You can tell the difference in power and suction when doing rugs, rugs hardly feel the suction from cordless, Henry on the other hand sucks the whole rug off the floor. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hand blender today, of course it's not the often imitated but not replicated, bamix/baymix, but the nutribullet.

Anyway it's interesting watching them rabbit on about healthy eating, preparing your own food, yet show how to make mayonnaise using about 400mls of cooking oil, that's the same cooking oil which is derided and an absolute no no for good health, during all those healthy cooking demos they do during their air frier shows.

As well as being shysters they are also a bunch hypocrites.

BTW Heads Up, big Kev is back on Thursday, and he's managed to find more stock of those two very, very limited Edition, popular, highly sought after watches, that sell out on every show they are on, the Meteorite watch and the special IW birthday Union flag watch.
I'm pretty sure this will be your very, very, very last chance to get one so remember to check out asap, well done and congrats if you get one. :)

Look how the central dials are squashed together into the centre of that manhole cover of a watch face, along with the date. To me, it’s an indication of a tiny mechanism, dropped into an oversized case- no doubt space filled with a cheap plastic positioning ring.
Then look at the sub-dials pretending to be a chronograph.
Then look at the tachometer scale with no accompanying stopwatch.
Then look at the redundant crown guard.

This is the pretend British, pretend chronograph, pretend divers watch.
There’s more pretending in this one watch than in Chrissie Hynde’s whole career.

Speaking of small movements and big cases, here's a new monstrosity coming on Friday from the master shyster bordell.

Nubeo Gents Ltd Ed Swell Chronograph Watch, 49mm case, movement is the ISA 8171/201 which is 25.6mm diamater, that's a heck a of lot of space to fill in with a plastic spacer ring. ;)

951165_STANDARD__GRN_20220718.jpg

Ps

If you want to buy a replacement Swiss ISA movement or spare parts, which i had to do recently for a Rotary watch, they come from China. ;)

BTW Heads Up, big Kev is back on Thursday, and he's managed to find more stock of those two very, very limited Edition, popular, highly sought after watches, that sell out on every show they are on, the Meteorite watch and the special IW birthday Union flag watch.
I'm pretty sure this will be your very, very, very last chance to get one so remember to check out asap, well done and congrats if you get one. :)
I have a confession to make on that one.

I'm up in space every second Thursday of the month. IW found out and contacted me to ask if I could grab them some meteorite for MT so more of these watches could be sold. They made me an offer in I couldn't refuse, £1000 worth of Swan & Edgar watches ... plus the free gifts!

I know it's a lot to take in, however as proof, here's a pic I took last week from my lounge window showing my back garden.

rocket.jpg

Speaking of small movements and big cases, here's a new monstrosity coming on Friday from the master shyster bordell.

Nubeo Gents Ltd Ed Swell Chronograph Watch, 49mm case, movement is the ISA 8171/201 which is 25.6mm diamater, that's a heck a of lot of space to fill in with a plastic spacer ring. ;)

View attachment 24179
Ps

If you want to buy a replacement Swiss ISA movement or spare parts, which i had to do recently for a Rotary watch, they come from China. ;)
Can anyone tell me what the time is from this monstrosity??

I'm up in space every second Thursday of the month. IW found out and contacted me to ask if I could grab them some meteorite for MT so more of these watches could be sold. They made me an offer in I couldn't refuse, £1000 worth of Swan & Edgar watches ... plus the free gifts!

I know it's a lot to take in, however as proof, here's a pic I took last week from my lounge window showing my back garden.

View attachment 24180
I didn't believe you at first but then I saw your name on there so it must be true. But I am very gullible (please don't tell Ideal World!)

We have a cordless hoover.

It is a load of shite. Picks nowt up. £100 down the pan.

Replaced it with a mains powered Vax.
It's quite interesting in that, when flogging the Henry, they're quite happy to mention the limitations of cordless ... something they don't do when flogging cordless ;)

Caught some of another Henry show last night with Shaun and (Allan?) the demo guy. They again mentioned how cordless isn't any good for picking up stuff like sawdust, the demo guy also mentioned the limitations of the small dust collectors on cordless models. They also mentioned how you don't need to be concerned re the battery running out of power.

I'm sure when next flogging a cordless vac, IW will ensure all these limitations are mentioned to the viewers ;)

It's quite interesting in that, when flogging the Henry, they're quite happy to mention the limitations of cordless ... something they don't do when flogging cordless ;)

Caught some of another Henry show last night with Shaun and (Allan?) the demo guy. They again mentioned how cordless isn't any good for picking up stuff like sawdust, the demo guy also mentioned the limitations of the small dust collectors on cordless models. They also mentioned how you don't need to be concerned re the battery running out of power.

I'm sure when next flogging a cordless vac, IW will ensure all these limitations are mentioned to the viewers ;)

100% guaranteed there will be NO limitations mentioned in the next show featuring a super, incredible, stupendous cordless vac, and it's 100% guaranteed we will be told it's time to bin corded vacs as they had they're day and are old tech.;)

There are many, many show where IW presenters & guests contradict themselves, but these Henry shows are one of the best examples of their utter duplicity, really just shows what a bunch a shysters they really are, and it isn't just a few bad apples in a barrel, the whole IW barrel is rotten to the core.

It's also another example of what IW's must believe the intelligence level of their viewers is, in not seeing all these contradictions and deceitful sales tactics/pitches, ie IW must believe a lot of their viewers are brainless mugs. And given some of the reviews and emails, they may be right. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but i don't care how ****** good a bargain they may have on their shows, my moral compass tells me that there is no way in hell would i reward their deceitfulness by buying from them. I bet there's a lot of IW's customers who wouldn't buy stuff from some dodgy deceitful guy/gal at their door or down a market stall, but because they are on TV these shysters have some sort of celeb 'can do no wrong' status and can get away with murder.
****** depressing the amount of lowlife scum, that take advantage of folks, we have to put up with in this country, should bring back hanging for these shysters. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 24180

You should have a word with Bordell, then you could offer to take his Nubeo "Space" watches those 60+ miles needed to reach into actual space instead of the current height he can achieve of only 30,000 mtrs up into the atmosphere in a weather balloon. ;)

There are many, many show where IW presenters & guests contradict themselves, but these Henry shows are one of the best examples of their utter duplicity, really just shows what a bunch a shysters they really are, and it isn't just a few bad apples in a barrel, the whole IW barrel is rotten to the core.
There was a classic example of this the other day when Shona was presenting, can't remember who the 'expert' was, maybe Allan or Peter V.

They were flogging an AC unit and fancy fan in the same show. They started with the AC unit however the fan was also in shot. Shona started giving the usual speech about how useless fans are ... WHEN A FAN, ALBEIT A FANCY FAN, WAS IN SHOT AND ALSO BEING SOLD BY THEM!!

You couldn't make it up, classic stuff :)

Oh wait, that's right, the FANS being sold by them aren't fans ... they're 'air circulators' or whatever they class them as :) ;) :)

There was a classic example of this the other day when Shona was presenting, can't remember who the 'expert' was, maybe Allan or Peter V.

They were flogging an AC unit and fancy fan in the same show. They started with the AC unit however the fan was also in shot. Shona started giving the usual speech about how useless fans are ... WHEN A FAN, ALBEIT A FANCY FAN, WAS IN SHOT AND ALSO BEING SOLD BY THEM!!

You couldn't make it up, classic stuff :)

Oh wait, that's right, the FANS being sold by them aren't fans ... they're 'air circulators' or whatever they class them as :) ;) :)

It's hilarious when you get the "when a fans not fan" comments from them, or moving air is cold air until it's from a fan they don't like then it's moving air is just hat air being pushed around. :ROFLMAO:

Of course during these fan shows, especially ones hosted by Mike of the Masons, it's always the poor Pedestal fans which gets slagged off the most, it even has a design flaw according to fan expert Mike, but strangely IW sell Pedestal Fans on their web site, and they claim they are "Great for any home" & is an "instantly effective fan", obviously someone forgot to update Mike with the latest sales pitch. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back