Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter starting off in full shyster mode - Nubeo is an American Company that started in 2004 and Cadola from Switzerland.

Nubeo on IW isn't American (The original Nubeo started in 2004 in Switzerland but went bust, now the regurgitated name is Chinese owned and made)
Cadola on IW isn't Swiss (Original Cadola closed down long time ago, now the regurgitated name is Chinese owned and made)

And you've guessed it, no mention from Peter of where both brands are owned and made today, ie CHINA.

emailed them to be honest with their viewers.
We need that expert who can make stuff appear on telly screens. In this case, we need 'These watches are made in China!' splashed across the screen :)

IW doesn't know what it wants to be. Between shows you get the mini ads either about the channel or a product. I'm not referring to the ones that feature the presenters, I'm referring to the ones that feature generic actors. These ads are usually quite slick and professional. So, a new viewer might think 'ah, this is a professional setup' and settle down to watch.

Only to be greeted by Peter S gurning, Mike M doing Del Boy, Paul B doing annoying, Denniiiccceeeee doing woman in permanent state of arousal, Genevieieieve doing even more annoying, etc etc.

The reality and quality of the presentations doesn't match with the mini ads. Given they're not going to go down the route of more professional presenters, I think the mini ads need to be less professional as this would more accurately reflect the main shows.

Take a treadmill show last night. Featured that tall, athletic, professional looking fitness expert ... coupled with gurning Peter in that disgusting t-shirt and shorts. All joking aside, it doesn't gel.

If you want to be bargain basement IW, you'd be as well having mini ads that reflect that strategy.

Caught some of a furniture show last night, flat pack stuff you've to build yourself. 3 pieces of furniture, £150 all in. Looked very much like flat pack furniture, no shame in that, but of course they (Peter V and Shona) would have viewers believe this is high end furniture that could grace Buckingham Palace.

The drawers and doors had what are called 'T bar handles.' Very common handles you find on furniture, kitchen cupboards etc. Shona says ...

'And there are 1,2,3,4,5 handles in total, you're looking at £100 right there just for the handles.'

Yep, according to Shona, 5 x T bar handles will set you back £100. So £20 a handle. No doubt there are handles of various quality on the market, however given this is a 3 piece flat pack for £150, I think it's safe to say the handles won't be at the higher end quality wise.

Shona reckons 5 of them would cost £100, £20 each. MMmmm, there's a company online (with good reviews) selling a 20 pack of these handles for £11 plus delivery, so 55p each ;)

IW presenter says £20 a handle.
Google says 55p a handle.

Goodness, you could be forgiven for thinking IW is prone to a bit of bullsh1tting ;)

Caught some of a furniture show last night, flat pack stuff you've to build yourself. 3 pieces of furniture, £150 all in. Looked very much like flat pack furniture, no shame in that, but of course they (Peter V and Shona) would have viewers believe this is high end furniture that could grace Buckingham Palace.

The drawers and doors had what are called 'T bar handles.' Very common handles you find on furniture, kitchen cupboards etc. Shona says ...

'And there are 1,2,3,4,5 handles in total, you're looking at £100 right there just for the handles.'

Yep, according to Shona, 5 x T bar handles will set you back £100. So £20 a handle. No doubt there are handles of various quality on the market, however given this is a 3 piece flat pack for £150, I think it's safe to say the handles won't be at the higher end quality wise.

Shona reckons 5 of them would cost £100, £20 each. MMmmm, there's a company online (with good reviews) selling a 20 pack of these handles for £11 plus delivery, so 55p each ;)

IW presenter says £20 a handle.
Google says 55p a handle.

Goodness, you could be forgiven for thinking IW is prone to a bit of bullsh1tting ;)

I saw some of that show, they are ALWAYS doing that con, really is funny how every product on IW is the best of the best, luxurious quality etc, then try and compare it price to high priced, high end alternative. It's like the watch straps on the say the Swan & Edgar watches, Peter is often heard to say "the strap alone would cost you over a £100" when in reality you would get a similar strap for £10 on amazon and £5 on Ali.

Often in the fashion shows they say the clothing is like, then proceed to name top brands or they'll say, saw a dress like this in a shop the other day and it was 4 x times what we are charging. Of course the truth is they never compare the price of their fashion with it's true equivalent on the high street, ie Primark and Asda George.

I turned off as I find watching Peter V as an interiors expert very uncomfortable, the way he strokes & fondles the products as he's describing them, gives me the creeps, its very weird IMO, especially when they've the leather (sorry faux leather) furniture on. :ROFLMAO:

IW doesn't know what it wants to be. Between shows you get the mini ads either about the channel or a product. I'm not referring to the ones that feature the presenters, I'm referring to the ones that feature generic actors. These ads are usually quite slick and professional. So, a new viewer might think 'ah, this is a professional setup' and settle down to watch.

Only to be greeted by Peter S gurning, Mike M doing Del Boy, Paul B doing annoying, Denniiiccceeeee doing woman in permanent state of arousal, Genevieieieve doing even more annoying, etc etc.

The reality and quality of the presentations doesn't match with the mini ads. Given they're not going to go down the route of more professional presenters, I think the mini ads need to be less professional as this would more accurately reflect the main shows.

Take a treadmill show last night. Featured that tall, athletic, professional looking fitness expert ... coupled with gurning Peter in that disgusting t-shirt and shorts. All joking aside, it doesn't gel.

If you want to be bargain basement IW, you'd be as well having mini ads that reflect that strategy.

One point though, although the ads/VTs are more professional in production, picture and sound etc, they are still full of bullshit and lies as well. ;)

Remember, if you haven't been bored to death first by Ray "life and soul of the party" Kennedy, that Kev "listen to this" Reynolds is back tonight, obviously all the sell outs last night didn't sell out, actually looking at the line up, it's the same as last night. :unsure:

PS

Reynolds is another who is guilty of comparing the watches he sells with luxury watch brand prices, he's often mentions Rolex, Omega etc, yet he never mentions the Swiss brands that are more comparable with the brands he flogs.

And if he spouts this crap one more time, "these Trasers contains T100 GTLS tubes and are 4 times stronger than T25 tubes" i'm going to go absolutely bananas, gonna keep emailing IW till they stop ignoring me. :ROFLMAO:

Solar Aqua Deep Bay watch

Shaun - "is it still exclusive to us here at IW."

Kev - "yes"

On the NH72 movement

Kev says, nobody else has access to this movement apart from Vostok Europe, just show the special relationship VE has with Seiko.

I REST MY CASE. ;)

Kev, the biggest distributor of Mathey-Tissot in the World, says they have all the Urban colours tonight (IW have 6 colours).

Nope, wrong again Kev, you don't have this one, which Jomashop (they have 7 colours) have and considering the the amount of Mathey-Tissot they have on their web site compared to IW, then i'll even say your and IW's claim of you being the biggest distributor is a load of crap too.

Ideal World tonight still parading their selection of oversized watches primarily sold to drug dealers and wannabe divers with poor eyesight. And I've noticed they've brought back Vostok Europe who are now reduced to selling watches excitedly named 'Benediktas Vanagas', 'Engine' plus a Japanese racing star of whom 98% of Western people have probably never heard of. At least Vostok will have a good stash of parts for their production :)

Well I've just checked caliber corner about this much vaunted NH 72 with, in Kev's words, never heard of ruthanium. Well apparently, it's a colour of coating, not a metal which is actually used on the movement. So you're not buying a rare metal in a watch, but just a coloured rotor 😁

Best and most important piece of advice i would give anybody who is contemplating buying ANY product from IW is double check their claims, never ever trust them, do your own research first.

Ideal World tonight still parading their selection of oversized watches primarily sold to drug dealers and wannabe divers with poor eyesight. And I've noticed they've brought back Vostok Europe who are now reduced to selling watches excitedly named 'Benediktas Vanagas', 'Engine' plus a Japanese racing star of whom 98% of Western people have probably never heard of. At least Vostok will have a good stash of parts for their production :)
That Japanese fella looks like Tiff Needel🤔 should've named it after him 😂

Well I've just checked caliber corner about this much vaunted NH 72 with, in Kev's words, never heard of ruthanium. Well apparently, it's a colour of coating, not a metal which is actually used on the movement. So you're not buying a rare metal in a watch, but just a coloured rotor 😁

Plus the NH72 is just a skeleton version of the NH35.

Its Mulberry 'Ray' Silk AGAIN!!!

He surely must be the cure for insomnia.........Seriously why not just put a repeat on for the Mulberry 'Ray' Silk hour, All he does is dronnnnne onnnnnn about the usual "mother nature" and "warm in the winter and cool in the summer"......we have all heard it a thousand times before, Change the record!!!! :sleep:

Latest posts

Back