Hayley Green, tw@ of the year? Most out of place sales angle?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Could genuniely not believe Hayley Green last night whilst listening to the EEPC heaters show.

She was using..... wait for this...... the issue of people not being able to heat AND eat, to sell these radiators!!!!!
Yes, she was clearly saying how some people have to choose to either heat or eat, so these radiators would be perfect for them!

Apart from the fact that people in the 'heat OR eat' situation, don't actively have £20 a week so they can spend £10 on heat and £10 on food, thus how the hell can they spend £600 on radiators? Apart from that small factoid, and apart from the fact that if someone in the heat or eat category had £600 then...they wouldn't be choosing between heating or eating.

Apart from those, don't you think using the abhorrent situation a lot of people in this country find themselves in, of heating OR f*^&ing eating, is grounds for selling a radiator? perhaps not a little disgusting to even mention it? You absolute braindead woman, £600 is probably what I, as a single disabled lady on benefits, will spend over the next 10 years on heating, if not more years than that!!! I don't think many people on benefits even GET £600 a year 'spare', I know I certainly don't, this is aside from the heat or eat unfortunates.

I cannot believe she has used this problem to promote a sale and I think she should be disgusted with herself. Jesus on a bicycle what is next? Using the problem of homelessness to sell tents?

Absolutely. Fuming. Disgusted.

I found it odd that they were selling kids toys and radiations alternately on rotation all day.

of which the toy store logo, looks suspiciously like the toy story logo... but that's a different discussion.

Hayley's in the same boat as Dennice Robinson (fake, Bid-style B$ presentation style, dodgy smile etc) :wave::mysmilie_51:.

Well said Cheesecake I am in the same situation as you, disabled and living on benefits and to have even £100 over to spend on luxury's would be great.
I have LPG heating and a tank of gas costs well over £350 and if I used it as "recommended" by the government it would only last me 4 weeks as it is I have not had the tank refilled for nearly 2 years now managing with lots of woolly jumpers fleecy blankets and early nights. I can only hope and pray that we have another mild winter as the thought of having to fill the tank gives me nightmares.
As it would be more a case of heating the house or not paying the mortgage and not buying food.
I all ready live on the edge of financial melt down and it wouldn't take much to put me out on the streets.

I am genuinely shocked at what Hayley said. I thought I had heard it all - Peter Simon selling nasty cheap market stall clothes to old ladies and telling them it was top designer clothing to name one trivial example but this is truly shocking. I am lucky in that my Housing Association flat is quite warm which means we haven't had the heating on so far this winter and we will try to keep it off as long as possible but others are not so lucky and feel the cold more than me. Shocking.

Could genuniely not believe Hayley Green last night whilst listening to the EEPC heaters show.

She was using..... wait for this...... the issue of people not being able to heat AND eat, to sell these radiators!!!!!
Yes, she was clearly saying how some people have to choose to either heat or eat, so these radiators would be perfect for them!

Apart from the fact that people in the 'heat OR eat' situation, don't actively have £20 a week so they can spend £10 on heat and £10 on food, thus how the hell can they spend £600 on radiators? Apart from that small factoid, and apart from the fact that if someone in the heat or eat category had £600 then...they wouldn't be choosing between heating or eating.

Apart from those, don't you think using the abhorrent situation a lot of people in this country find themselves in, of heating OR f*^&ing eating, is grounds for selling a radiator? perhaps not a little disgusting to even mention it? You absolute braindead woman, £600 is probably what I, as a single disabled lady on benefits, will spend over the next 10 years on heating, if not more years than that!!! I don't think many people on benefits even GET £600 a year 'spare', I know I certainly don't, this is aside from the heat or eat unfortunates.

I cannot believe she has used this problem to promote a sale and I think she should be disgusted with herself. Jesus on a bicycle what is next? Using the problem of homelessness to sell tents?

Absolutely. Fuming. Disgusted.

Have you thought about contacting them and making a formal complaint? It is disgusting, and even more so when it's in relation to a product very few of us could afford to buy! On benefits, a pension or in full time work, who's got £600 flippin quid to spend at this time of the year, or for me any time of the year. I know they're trying to sell it, so they need a sales pitch, but certainly not a pitch like this!

It's nasty cold-hearted morally bankrupt selling. I'd like to force them to advertise every five minutes during that ridiculous radiator presentation that you can buy a 2kW convector heater (which is 25% more powerful) for £14.23 on Amazon at the moment.

I also 'like' how they are of the impression that men are only interested in shopping tv on a Friday night and a sunday morning.

though qvc are also guilty of this.

Makes perfect sense, spending your limited funds on a £500 box of clay or food.

I could be wrong but I always think that Dennice and Hayley's lift don't go to the top floor, they never seem to put their brain in gear, I am surprised that there are people who still watch IW.

I have to say, I am utterly disgusted by these selling 'techniques'. It's calculated to scare and prey on vulnerable people. It's shameless. Hayley is shameful for using these tactics to sell clearly overpriced heaters.

Ideal World has morphed into Bid TV. It will kill this channel in the end.

A disgraceful shopping network! :mysmilie_51:

Beyond the pale and makes no sense at all. The crassness of her comment speaks of someone under great pressure, or having a complete detachment from the economic hardships facing millions of people. It's been said many times on this forum, but the channel seems to be sinking fast. Perhaps the increasingly bizarre/desperate behaviour of the presenters is the canary in the tunnel of impending doom.

Same with QVC, with their constant rantings/preachings of Dyson and how expensive it is to heat a whole room, yet expecting people to pay £400 for a Dyson heater

Isn't heating with Electricity far more expensive than Gas whatever method you use?

I know the storage heating method is considered quite efficient by Electric standards though. Our family home we were brought up in originally had storage heaters that were filled with bricks but they were replaced with Gas Heaters.

I don't dislike Hayley, perhaps perversely, as much as some of the other Swamp Pit Vipers. However, she is utterly shameless and beyond inconsistent but I fancy she doesn't care one jot.

None of these parasites do :mysmilie_59:

I always think Hayley could be a slice or two short of a full loaf.. Imo most of IW presenters open their mouth before putting their brain in gear...

Latest posts

Back