Village Candles - like Yankee - Page 4        

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondered whether anyone had any new comments on Village Candles? I saw Achica has them again, same offer as the one I posted about in March:

Large jars (1219g/26oz) - burn up to 170 hours - 12 (normally 20)
    Medium jars (899g/16oz) - burn up to 105 hours - 10 (normally 15)
    Small jars (701g/11oz) - burn up to 55 hours - 7.50 (normally 10)

Achica's P&P is by total weight - you seem to be able to get up to 4 large jars for 4.99.

Anyway, I have been looking at the fragrances and despite what I said about not buying again without smelling first after the disappointment of Cherry Vanilla Swirl (which I got on eBay), I am close to placing an order. I have so many foody and fruity Yankees but fancied a change and wondered whether anyone has tried or smelt in a shop any of the "outdoorsy" Village ones such as African Safari, Walk on the Beach, Summer Breeze and Rain or the "cologney" ones such as Wish Upon a Star, Black Bamboo and Rendezvous? I could even be tempted by a floral if I find out it's not too heavy but true to life. I have had a look at the fab waxaddicts.com site (thanks again, Autumn!) but it would be good to hear views from anyone on here who might have tried/smelt Village lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only comment on the Lavender large jar and the hydrangea tarts i bought and they are very nice but if you dont like a "heady" floral they may not be for you. Im pretty sure when i was at the Hallmark outlet i smelt "Rain" but wasnt too keen on it, i was expecting a similar fragrance to "Splash of rain" from YC.

Ill be interested to hear your verdict if you take the plunge and order any :)

Just to add i think Achica has listed some of the burn times wrongly. They have put the times for the Decor range on the Traditional housewarmer Candles.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this. I remember you saying the Lavender was quite authentic. I have a couple of lavender scented candles in store or I'd definitely go for that from Village. I like a good, realistic lavender - some of them are like lavender talc. Will take your advice on Rain - wondered if it might be like November Rain.

I wish I lived near a shop that sold them so I could have a sniff. But I think I will risk a couple anyway and will definitely report back.

What do you mean about the incorrect burn times? Are the times I quoted above right for the Premium jars (what Yankee call Housewarmers, I think)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
    Thank you for this. I remember you saying the Lavender was quite authentic. I have a couple of lavender scented candles in store or I'd definitely go for that from Village. I like a good, realistic lavender - some of them are like lavender talc. Will take your advice on Rain - wondered if it might be like November Rain.

I wish I lived near a shop that sold them so I could have a sniff. But I think I will risk a couple anyway and will definitely report back.

What do you mean about the incorrect burn times? Are the times I quoted above right for the Premium jars (what Yankee call Housewarmers, I think)?
    Housewamers in YC are called Decor in Village Candles. The premium candles are the straight sided jars, take a look at this for the burn times ...

http://www.villagecandle.co.uk/index...t-sheet_83.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    Housewamers in YC are called Decor in Village Candles. The premium candles are the straight sided jars, take a look at this for the burn times ...

http://www.villagecandle.co.uk/index...t-sheet_83.htm
    Oh, I'm really confused now but thanks! I assumed the reverse, mainly because on the Achica site, they are calling the ones that look like Housewarmers the Premium range and they aren't giving the straight sided ones a name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
    Oh, I'm really confused now but thanks! I assumed the reverse, mainly because on the Achica site, they are calling the ones that look like Housewarmers the Premium range and they aren't giving the straight sided ones a name.
    lol yes the ones that look like housewamers are the decor range but the Achica site are quoting the burn times for them as the premium range lol Very confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    lol yes the ones that look like housewamers are the decor range but the Achica site are quoting the burn times for them as the premium range lol Very confusing.
    Appreciate your help here. It's weird because the straight sided tumbler style look smaller.
    Likes Autumn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a sniff of a few on Monday at a local strikes garden centre....if you have a Klondike or strikes garden centre near you it might be worth having a look.
    I liked the rain I thought it was a bit aftershavey cherry was good actually I didn't sniff one and not like it.
    Didn't buy because I still gave loads of Yankees left and this time of year I don't burn them
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharonk View Post
    I had a sniff of a few on Monday at a local strikes garden centre....if you have a Klondike or strikes garden centre near you it might be worth having a look.
    I liked the rain I thought it was a bit aftershavey cherry was good actually I didn't sniff one and not like it.
    Didn't buy because I still gave loads of Yankees left and this time of year I don't burn them
    Thanks for this. Great to hear what people think of the scents. The Rain is as I imagined. I do love Black Cherry from Yankee but wondered if it was the same from Village, in which case I already have a jar and a half in stock!

I hadn't heard of Klondyke/Strikes but looked them up and they seem to be all a long way north of me. There is an area where there are loads of garden centres near me though and that's given me an idea so I may go for a browse up there tomorrow afternoon.
    Likes sharonk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but they may be in some card shops too
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post