Sally Jacks the biggest mistake ever made by Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well sorry to upset folk but l like Sally Jacks
Peter Simon, Mike Mason, Genevieve and Howard l really dislike on IW, but Sally l do like.

purely out of interest, why do you like sally?

Not that I am saying you are ''wrong'' as I'm not like that personally, just wasn't really expecting anyone to pop up with that on here.

purely out of interest, why do you like sally?

Not that I am saying you are ''wrong'' as I'm not like that personally, just wasn't really expecting anyone to pop up with that on here.

She makes me laugh with her OTT enthusiasm. Most of IW presenters make me cringe so to have one who makes me laugh is a positive. And she speaks even faster than l do, pure entertainment for me.

She makes me laugh with her OTT enthusiasm. Most of IW presenters make me cringe so to have one who makes me laugh is a positive. And she speaks even faster than l do, pure entertainment for me.

I personally enjoy the shouty shoutyness as I'm highly unlikely to buy regardless. Plus no one talks about the quiet ones. (though it seems the only way you are doing anything right in shopping tv is if you are never mentioned on here)

I don't have a problem with Sally as a person. As others have said, she is bubbly and outgoing.

It's her sales approach, I dislike intensely. To me it's a bullying style that is clearly calculated and aimed at vulnerable nervous people such as the elderly.

You hear these stories on Watchdog and that show with Dom Littlewood where they put cameras in people's homes to catch out high-pressure salesmen who forcefully 'persuade' (i.e. shouting and cajoling) the unfortunate victims into buying double glazing, mobility scooters and stairlifts at exorbitant prices often with extra hidden costs and poorly constructed contracts.

I'm afraid the likes of Sally Jacks and other former Bid presenters appall me when they adopt the high-pressure approach. It is to the detriment of Ideal World to be using these sort of methods on their shopping channel and it does not inspire confidence and credibility to their shopping network from the majority of viewers. 'Cowboys' is a label used against Bid TV and their selling tactics. Ideal World is in danger (if they have not already been done so) of being perceived as a cowboy outfit.

She was on Come Dine with Me some time ago and she was as different again on there, very likeable, warm and friendly.

She's very different at work. I've just been watching a bit of the millionth ceramic pans Blockbuster and she was showing a Gordon Ramsey cookbook that you could pop in your flexi, along with the pans. The price for the book was £3.99 and she said that the price on the actual book was £25. She asked Joe quietly, but loud enough for viewers to hear, if that was the correct price and had someone upstairs made a mistake! A Bidism that's creeping in more and more.

People do seem a little blinkered in my opinion. IW have always been a cowboy outfit, does no-one remember the zhuzh dress 'scandal'? The half-finished sentences which lead you down a path of thought but never *actually* say the wrong thing? Dennice and her poor disabled daughter disgusting sales techniques? Showing the 5 star reviews on the website, but if you actually look they are showing them with the 5 star ones first, so all that come up 'will' be 5 star while they are showing the website on screen. It's always been the same, the "I have this..." and the "this has changed my life" and the same tired old not mentioning the sizes, fabric composition, everyone owning and using everything and crediting everything for their change in appearance/weight/look.
The difference with the bid lot is just a difference approach to sales 'techniques' shall we call them, but I for one am pleased to see some enthusiasm, fun and things to bork at and come on here and post. I mean do you really want to watch duller-than-dishwater Joanne selling the same thing you've seen 100 times, or Peter Simon who might at least make a gaffe that'll keep us all talking for days?
IW has zero credability as a sales platform for me, I wouldn't buy a 1ct diamond from them if they were selling it for £40 tbh, but for entertainment at least the bid monkies make it fun :)

never seen any of the bid presenters before they moved to IW, ive seen Peter Simon, but that was in his Going Live days, L&K.

Paul BeCue was from Bid wasnt he but he seems relatively normal

Sorry, and I'm going to be dismissed here as a dinosaur, but Sally has THE most awful voice, along with Hayley to inspire me to buy anything. Catawauling and fishwife screaming come to mind. Whatever happened to a more sophisticated and polished method of selling a product ? Shaun can get a product across with a smile and is a bit excitable at times, but at least he's watchable.

Sally on the fashion show competes well with market stall holders, and that's where she should be ! (no offence to market stall holders)

Sorry, and I'm going to be dismissed here as a dinosaur, but Sally has THE most awful voice, along with Hayley to inspire me to buy anything. Catawauling and fishwife screaming come to mind. Whatever happened to a more sophisticated and polished method of selling a product ? Shaun can get a product across with a smile and is a bit excitable at times, but at least he's watchable.

Sally on the fashion show competes well with market stall holders, and that's where she should be ! (no offence to market stall holders)

She's selling market stall stuff, those made in Italy one size fits all tops are all over the place here

Agree with whats been said , Shes awful, that voice goes straight through me !! What were they thinking??

Desperation

What can only be a bid to increase failing sales IW in utter desperation have brought in bawdy, brash and in my words totally unwatchable and unbelievable sales touts in the hope that they might improve things - totally wrong. If I was the CEO I'd sack the person who employed these baffoons, especially the likes of
Sally J. God what were they thinking!!

She must be related to Vicki, presenter on Rocks & Co. They have the same screeching, Banshee on Helium voice, and manic selling techniques, arm-waving, rotating eyeballs, mouth open, etc. For Heaven's sake, they even use the same phrases!! Question: are they one and the same person? Discuss and submit as written homework, please. I think we should be told.

What can only be a bid to increase failing sales IW in utter desperation have brought in bawdy, brash and in my words totally unwatchable and unbelievable sales touts in the hope that they might improve things - totally wrong. If I was the CEO I'd sack the person who employed these baffoons, especially the likes of
Sally J. God what were they thinking!!

She must be related to Vicki, presenter on Rocks & Co. They have the same screeching, Banshee on Helium voice, and manic selling techniques, arm-waving, rotating eyeballs, mouth open, etc. For Heaven's sake, they even use the same phrases!! Question: are they one and the same person? Discuss and submit as written homework, please. I think we should be told.

Well I've never seen them at the same time...

which one is the human and which is the superhero?

Mr Tom, this is true, you will never see them at the same time, unless one channel has a program that's a repeat showing. To answer your other question, neither of them is human, nor are they superheroes. They (or she, if same person) landed here from Outer Space with a mission to bring shopping telly to the millions, to charm the money from our pockets with their dulcet and melodic voices, their transparently honest statements and complete lack of any form of deviousness (including refusing to mention the p&p charges or easy-pay). And, of course, they are here to take part in the World Screeching Contest, held annually.

Well I've never seen them at the same time...

which one is the human and which is the superhero?

I have only seen Sally Jaxx once since her return to shopping telly, I thought the management may have read our forum and kept her shifts to a minimum!!! However, I clicked over last evening in the adverts (which is usually the only time I watch) and it was the Sugar Crisp "fashion" line. The camera was on the model so I could not see who was presenting. And then the voice started... Lets just say that nails on a blackboard are easier on the ear. She was pushing these kaftans, the one she was wearing was multi-coloured. And no, I was not tempted!

I saw her presenting the eyesential.... the loudness was almost laughable.

I found it interesting that she said she couldn't name celebrities, but can show newspaper cut outs of them.

Mr Tom, one screech from that mouth of hers is enough for me to quickly flick off the channel. I didn't wait around to find out what tat she was flogging or for the gurning show that she indulges in as twists her face into expressions of "amazement". Gawd, that voice should be used for crowd control at a demonstration.....I wonder if Scotland Yard know about her? She'd clear the place in no time - everyone wouldn't be able to put enough distance between them and her.....can you imagine what it's like in real life when she starts screeching? At least on TV you can switch her off or turn the set down.

I saw her presenting the eyesential.... the loudness was almost laughable.

I found it interesting that she said she couldn't name celebrities, but can show newspaper cut outs of them.

Latest posts

Back