Sally Jacks the biggest mistake ever made by Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm thankful Sally is working for IW now. Her You Tube Channel flogging stuff and competitions using her webcam was embarrassingly awful....

Didn't know she had a You Tube channel I never go on it, I'm surprised it's not called Me Tube, though because that's her thing in the world that she loves the most........herself.

Although I would rather walk over hot coals than watch anything that Sally Jacks presents, the girl herself cannot be blamed for being in front of the camera. That should be reserved for the people who employ her, and its a sign of the times that they are probably going along the PC route with having a 'Northern lass, complete with accent' doing the honours. The picture advertising the Craft Channel, where work is going on preparing the Gallery, says it all - not one 'body' in a suit or anything that resembles professionalism, and I guess the same goes for those hiring, and producing the majority of tv programmes, shopping or otherwise these days.

Its all about 'you guys' and a high five attitude to programming which shows the immaturity of those in charge, and resulted in the dumbing down of what we at home have to put up with on our tv screens. The tragedy is, that its only us of a certain age who realise this, as following generations have been used to it and have seen it as the norm for the past couple of decades.

Ideal World gave the bid tv crew free rein to dumb it down,obviously a slow process but eventually the same thing happened as their previous employment,once is unfortunate but twice is not a mere coincidence.
God forbid if the channel is revived and they stick with the bid mob,same thing will happen again.We should feel sorry and wish them the best for the majority of employees,the ones in front of the camera no sympathy because of the obvious failure of their so called presentations.

I totally disagree, I think Peter Simon, Genevieve and her husband Peter , creepy Crawley and Hayley are some of the worst people that Ideal World employed. I don't mind Sally at all, but none of the presenters have led to IW downfall, management have failed to manage and take steps to save the company.

I've never minded Sally that much, don't ask me why. The worst of the ex bid presenters for me are Peter Simon and Mike (barra-boi) Mason. In general I'm more bothered about the product on offer than the presenter unless they're on the Peter Simon scale of annoying. I preferred IW back in the day when Debbie Shore was there, boring voice but not a bad presenter. I bought 2 blazers from one of her presentations taking her advice to go for more than one colourway as it would be rude not to at that price and I had to agree with her as they were fully lined wool tweed blazers and if I remember rightly they were £18 each. Quality was spot on, they're really smart and well made and yes, I still have them and wear them regularly. I bought them about 18 years ago and they still look as good as new. The only thing that stayed good about the channel was the lovely models they used for the fashion. Don't like to see things go under, but I've not used them for years so won't miss them.

I found her to be loud and annoying and offering very little of any quality or informative input for the customer to make an informed choice to buy or not. In fairness, that culture of misinformation or a complete lack of any, was the imprinted style of the channel. In the dying days of the company I do remember the interminable reruns of a rattan furniture clip of her stating as fact that a day bed in a Spanish hotel costs £250 per day. That seemed very questionable information (i.e. a LIE) to say the least to me.

The company didn’t go bust solely because of Jacks and her cohorts. It went bust because it wasn’t paying creditors. You assume it wasn’t paying them because the money just wasn’t there to do so. And why wasn’t it there? Because they tried to sell stock at unrealistic prices for them to sustain a profit and paid too much out to make the channel seem aspirational and QVCish in its look and style. Those ex Bid hosts I doubt were cheap to pay either!! So their presence on a number of fronts hardly helped it survive.

• Access to the Gecko Beach Club for two
  • Balinese Bed for two
  • Bottle of Champagne for two
  • Fresh fruit selection for two
  • Water and towel for two
  • Access to shower and changing room for two
  • Parking

• £180
More like the real truth…

None of them are good at their jobs,particularly the one who shouts all the time.
Foghorn did herself no favours during covid!

I've never minded Sally that much, don't ask me why. The worst of the ex bid presenters for me are Peter Simon and Mike (barra-boi) Mason. In general I'm more bothered about the product on offer than the presenter unless they're on the Peter Simon scale of annoying. I preferred IW back in the day when Debbie Shore was there, boring voice but not a bad presenter. I bought 2 blazers from one of her presentations taking her advice to go for more than one colourway as it would be rude not to at that price and I had to agree with her as they were fully lined wool tweed blazers and if I remember rightly they were £18 each. Quality was spot on, they're really smart and well made and yes, I still have them and wear them regularly. I bought them about 18 years ago and they still look as good as new. The only thing that stayed good about the channel was the lovely models they used for the fashion. Don't like to see things go under, but I've not used them for years so won't miss them.
Back in the days of Steve Whatley when Loen Love was a model ,I had one of two clothes items from them and they were a good price and really well made.

Some of the selling stunts they've pulled over the years, and that Coronavirus Toilet Roll Extravaganza with Sally Cacks was up there with the lowest. Wasn't it £80 for an Izal Grease Proof Toilet Roll and a £5 note when you'd run out? And they wondered why sh...kept coming their way??

Covid was below the belt,and whoever authorised that show should be ashamed of themselves.
Any presenter with decency would have said no it’s wrong.
Making money from people’s misery and gullibility,crossed the line but not in a certain tat sellers mind.

Is she back off holiday yet,must be so exhausting selling rattan furniture for weeks.
Protocol on QVC what will that particular audience make of her I wonder?🧻

Latest posts

Back