Sally Jacks the biggest mistake ever made by Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sally makes me turn her sound down
Pope Pete makes me ask nursey to up my meds
Howard makes me want to renounce my homosexuality

That's what I get out of Ideal World!

I have given up on IW, the only time I have a peek is fashion on Friday...but only if Genevieve is presenting, not that I am tempted to buy anything, but like QVC I am amazed what they pass off as fashion...LOL
What with their gawd awful presenters and tat products I have no idea how they are still in business. Imo SJ's is in a long line of unwatchables......

I watch it in case there is something i want to buy but have to say i would mute or switch off when she is on cant abide her.

I wish I knew what I was missing, but the truth of the matter is that I loathe Ideal World, what do you all get out of it?

To be honest, I get my Jerome Alexander Magic Mineral Make-Up and skincare because it's way better and cheaper than any thing QVC has to offer (I order off the web)............. If not I'd get a headache and high blood pressure.

She is such an awful screechy presenter along with Pervy Pete And the other 2 Ex-Bid presenters! What on earth did IW think they were doing employing such dross?

ohnonotshoppingagain, unless you have seen an hour presented by either the lovely, slim and beautiful (well, in his opinion, anyway) - Howard, or "Pope" Peter Simon, you haven't lived. I've laughed my head off watching it (never bought a thing from the channel itself). IW presenters are better than any so-called "comedy" programme of the past 10 years or so, and the biggest laugh of all is that they all think they are so wonderful. Where else can you see a presenter (Pete) who has a mother who is either reported as being alive or dead, depending on what he is selling, who switches between unfunny, sexist 1970's style "humour" to imitating a deeply religious and spiritual being - often all in the same day? I flick between the shopping channels mainly in the evening when I'm free - but I usually only stay watching IW if Pete's on, as he's by far the funniest - can't watch the females, as they're all seemingly incapable of anything other than screeching.

I think one of the funniest posts I saw on here was someone saying...."Pete, the 1970's called - they want their jokes back!"

I wish I knew what I was missing, but the truth of the matter is that I loathe Ideal World, what do you all get out of it?

Last edited:
ohnonotshoppingagain, unless you have seen an hour presented by either the lovely, slim and beautiful (well, in his opinion, anyway) - Howard, or "Pope" Peter Simon, you haven't lived. I've laughed my head off watching it (never bought a thing from the channel itself). IW presenters are better than any so-called "comedy" programme of the past 10 years or so, and the biggest laugh of all is that they all think they are so wonderful. Where else can you see a presenter (Pete) who has a mother who is either reported as being alive or dead, depending on what he is selling, who switches between unfunny, sexist 1970's style "humour" to imitating a deeply religious and spiritual being - often all in the same day? I flick between the shopping channels mainly in the evening when I'm free - but I usually only stay watching IW if Pete's on, as he's by far the funniest - can't watch the females, as they're all seemingly incapable of anything other than screeching.

I think one of the funniest posts I saw on here was someone saying...."Pete, the 1970's called - they want their jokes back!"

You are absolutely right about Pervy Pete's two styles of presenting. There is nothing funnier than him doing his reverential act. He wears his comedy jacket with the green and blue check and sometimes a bow tie. He then speaks very slowly and quietly. No leaping about or hand on hip Larry Grayson style. He saves this for the wonderful Worry Angels (not seen on IW but Bid TV viewers will know what I mean), or Thomas Kinkaide pictures which are still being churched out by the thousand even though the "artist" is dead, or Elvis memorabilia. I am surprised comedy writers have never satirised Shopping Telly for a comedy show. They could do a fly on the wall send up like Ricky Gervaise did in The Office. Maybe I will write one myself, there is certainly a lot of good material out there!

You are absolutely right about Pervy Pete's two styles of presenting. There is nothing funnier than him doing his reverential act. He wears his comedy jacket with the green and blue check and sometimes a bow tie. He then speaks very slowly and quietly. No leaping about or hand on hip Larry Grayson style. He saves this for the wonderful Worry Angels (not seen on IW but Bid TV viewers will know what I mean), or Thomas Kinkaide pictures which are still being churched out by the thousand even though the "artist" is dead, or Elvis memorabilia. I am surprised comedy writers have never satirised Shopping Telly for a comedy show. They could do a fly on the wall send up like Ricky Gervaise did in The Office. Maybe I will write one myself, there is certainly a lot of good material out there!

When he does his woe woe and thrice woe routine, it brings tears to my eyes, no seriously it does...............of laughter.

Well i'm pleased, I didn't even know she was coming to IW . Tuned in today and they had the product description on the screen,and I thought, I recognise that voice, it's Sally. Yay....that's all I can say. I like her!

And going back to an earlier post...what exactly is/was a zhuzh dress? And what was the scandal?

Well i'm pleased, I didn't even know she was coming to IW . Tuned in today and they had the product description on the screen,and I thought, I recognise that voice, it's Sally. Yay....that's all I can say. I like her!

And going back to an earlier post...what exactly is/was a zhuzh dress? And what was the scandal?

Television Advertising Complaints Reports

These reports are case summaries of complaints which appeared to raise issues of substance in relation to the interpretation of the ITC Advertising Standards Code. Summary statistics of non-substantive complaints can be found in the full reports which are obtainable from the ITC.

IDEAL WORLD HOME SHOPPING

Complaint from: 2 viewers

Background

A "Pick of the Day" launch on Ideal World Home Shopping featured a "Zhuzh" dress. The presenter, Steve Whatley, talked on a number of occasions about the dress being the first ever of his own design. Viewers complained that the feature was misleading because, although it gave the impression that he designed the dress himself, it had originally been an unwanted retail outlet sample.

Assessment

The ITC had initially dismissed complaints after receiving assurances from Ideal World about the origins of the dress. However, on receipt of a further viewer complaint, and after assessing the advertising, the ITC again took the matter up with Ideal World. At this point Ideal World told the ITC that although there had been no intention to mislead, on reflection, "it would be fair to say that the impression the viewer would get is that he, Steve, sat down with a designer and physically drew the original design."

Whilst the ITC was prepared to accept that there was no deliberate intention to mislead viewers, it nonetheless judged that the way in which the dress had been described in the live presentation could have given viewers a misleading impression of its origins. It therefore warned Ideal World of the need to consider carefully every claim, illustration and description of its products and to clarify on air, any ambiguities which may occur as a result of presenters "getting carried away" with the products they are promoting.

Conclusion

Complaints upheld.

She was on this afternoon with those Made is Italy one size fits all tops and she was in the middle of screeching sorry telling a story. Not only could I not work out what she was saying, the screeching was even worse than normal. Seriously, can someone at Ideal World tell her to rein it in a bit before customers rush to change channels. Those tops alone were enough to make me turn over let alone her voice!

Television Advertising Complaints Reports

These reports are case summaries of complaints which appeared to raise issues of substance in relation to the interpretation of the ITC Advertising Standards Code. Summary statistics of non-substantive complaints can be found in the full reports which are obtainable from the ITC.

IDEAL WORLD HOME SHOPPING

Complaint from: 2 viewers

Background

A "Pick of the Day" launch on Ideal World Home Shopping featured a "Zhuzh" dress. The presenter, Steve Whatley, talked on a number of occasions about the dress being the first ever of his own design. Viewers complained that the feature was misleading because, although it gave the impression that he designed the dress himself, it had originally been an unwanted retail outlet sample.

Assessment

The ITC had initially dismissed complaints after receiving assurances from Ideal World about the origins of the dress. However, on receipt of a further viewer complaint, and after assessing the advertising, the ITC again took the matter up with Ideal World. At this point Ideal World told the ITC that although there had been no intention to mislead, on reflection, "it would be fair to say that the impression the viewer would get is that he, Steve, sat down with a designer and physically drew the original design."

Whilst the ITC was prepared to accept that there was no deliberate intention to mislead viewers, it nonetheless judged that the way in which the dress had been described in the live presentation could have given viewers a misleading impression of its origins. It therefore warned Ideal World of the need to consider carefully every claim, illustration and description of its products and to clarify on air, any ambiguities which may occur as a result of presenters "getting carried away" with the products they are promoting.

Conclusion

Complaints upheld.

I don't know why shopping TV tries to deceive the customer, liars always get found out.

I think anyone who likes SJ's voice and presentation skills must either be deaf or a family member

I'm definately not a family member or deaf.

I watched the made in Italy show yesterday and liked her presentation. she was very good at describing the positives of the items as well as not beating around the bush when it comes to describing the lumpy bits we all want to cover.Yes she can get a bit loud and excitable but I could put up with that.I didn't really see her on Bid.Maybe if I watched her regularly her voice will get to me too.

I would rather watch Sally than Genevieve who really irritates me with her panic sell out spiel the minute she opens her mouth.

I'm thankful Sally is working for IW now. Her You Tube Channel flogging stuff and competitions using her webcam was embarrassingly awful....

Latest posts

Back