Sally Jacks the biggest mistake ever made by Ideal World - Page 3        

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Wusie View Post
    Well sorry to upset folk but l like Sally Jacks
    Peter Simon, Mike Mason, Genevieve and Howard l really dislike on IW, but Sally l do like.
    purely out of interest, why do you like sally?

Not that I am saying you are ''wrong'' as I'm not like that personally, just wasn't really expecting anyone to pop up with that on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
    purely out of interest, why do you like sally?

Not that I am saying you are ''wrong'' as I'm not like that personally, just wasn't really expecting anyone to pop up with that on here.
    She makes me laugh with her OTT enthusiasm. Most of IW presenters make me cringe so to have one who makes me laugh is a positive. And she speaks even faster than l do, pure entertainment for me.
    Likes mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Wusie View Post
    She makes me laugh with her OTT enthusiasm. Most of IW presenters make me cringe so to have one who makes me laugh is a positive. And she speaks even faster than l do, pure entertainment for me.
    I personally enjoy the shouty shoutyness as I'm highly unlikely to buy regardless. Plus no one talks about the quiet ones. (though it seems the only way you are doing anything right in shopping tv is if you are never mentioned on here)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with Sally as a person. As others have said, she is bubbly and outgoing.

It's her sales approach, I dislike intensely. To me it's a bullying style that is clearly calculated and aimed at vulnerable nervous people such as the elderly.

You hear these stories on Watchdog and that show with Dom Littlewood where they put cameras in people's homes to catch out high-pressure salesmen who forcefully 'persuade' (i.e. shouting and cajoling) the unfortunate victims into buying double glazing, mobility scooters and stairlifts at exorbitant prices often with extra hidden costs and poorly constructed contracts.

I'm afraid the likes of Sally Jacks and other former Bid presenters appall me when they adopt the high-pressure approach. It is to the detriment of Ideal World to be using these sort of methods on their shopping channel and it does not inspire confidence and credibility to their shopping network from the majority of viewers. 'Cowboys' is a label used against Bid TV and their selling tactics. Ideal World is in danger (if they have not already been done so) of being perceived as a cowboy outfit.
    Likes martin3645, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

She was on Come Dine with Me some time ago and she was as different again on there, very likeable, warm and friendly.

She's very different at work. I've just been watching a bit of the millionth ceramic pans Blockbuster and she was showing a Gordon Ramsey cookbook that you could pop in your flexi, along with the pans. The price for the book was 3.99 and she said that the price on the actual book was 25. She asked Joe quietly, but loud enough for viewers to hear, if that was the correct price and had someone upstairs made a mistake! A Bidism that's creeping in more and more.
    Likes shopperholic , Graham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

People do seem a little blinkered in my opinion. IW have always been a cowboy outfit, does no-one remember the zhuzh dress 'scandal'? The half-finished sentences which lead you down a path of thought but never *actually* say the wrong thing? Dennice and her poor disabled daughter disgusting sales techniques? Showing the 5 star reviews on the website, but if you actually look they are showing them with the 5 star ones first, so all that come up 'will' be 5 star while they are showing the website on screen. It's always been the same, the "I have this..." and the "this has changed my life" and the same tired old not mentioning the sizes, fabric composition, everyone owning and using everything and crediting everything for their change in appearance/weight/look.
    The difference with the bid lot is just a difference approach to sales 'techniques' shall we call them, but I for one am pleased to see some enthusiasm, fun and things to bork at and come on here and post. I mean do you really want to watch duller-than-dishwater Joanne selling the same thing you've seen 100 times, or Peter Simon who might at least make a gaffe that'll keep us all talking for days?
    IW has zero credability as a sales platform for me, I wouldn't buy a 1ct diamond from them if they were selling it for 40 tbh, but for entertainment at least the bid monkies make it fun :)
    Likes S C O, Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

never seen any of the bid presenters before they moved to IW, ive seen Peter Simon, but that was in his Going Live days, L&K.

Paul BeCue was from Bid wasnt he but he seems relatively normal

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sally could do with this: http://www.hss.uk.net/offers/sprayan...ampaign=tiass#
    Likes steveh31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

zhuzh dress scandal?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, and I'm going to be dismissed here as a dinosaur, but Sally has THE most awful voice, along with Hayley to inspire me to buy anything. Catawauling and fishwife screaming come to mind. Whatever happened to a more sophisticated and polished method of selling a product ? Shaun can get a product across with a smile and is a bit excitable at times, but at least he's watchable.

Sally on the fashion show competes well with market stall holders, and that's where she should be ! (no offence to market stall holders)
    Likes AmyG, norbitonite, cheesecake, martin3645 liked this post