Lulu Guinness Sales

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No it just has grab handles. I think the addition of a long strap to LG bags has come since she started selling on QVC. I'm not sure whether this Wanda was ever sold on Q, there was also one with gold tone studs which were slightly larger than the silver tone studs on this bag, and were more spaced out (iykwim).

No it just has grab handles. I think the addition of a long strap to LG bags has come since she started selling on QVC. I'm not sure whether this Wanda was ever sold on Q, there was also one with gold tone studs which were slightly larger than the silver tone studs on this bag, and were more spaced out (iykwim).

Thanks for that. I'm not at all keen on cross body straps added to a bag with grab handles, it all looks a bit messy, but it does occasionally have it's uses when you're carrying what feels like 10 million shopping bags at the same time!

Thanks for that. I'm not at all keen on cross body straps added to a bag with grab handles, it all looks a bit messy, but it does occasionally have it's uses when you're carrying what feels like 10 million shopping bags at the same time!

Same here. Some bags just look very wrong with the shoulder straps in place (or even when removed because the hardware you clip them on to can be obtrusive). Lulu herself often says she doesn't like the shoulder straps - she bemoaned them on QVC when presenting the small Eva I was interested in. I think Akimbo is right about having to add them for QVC.

I got the small patent Eva when it was a TSV and that was when I was first aware of the QVC versions having an added cross-body strap. On a small bag it's fine. I have a small Izzy but rarely use the long strap, but if I'm out for the day I'll take it with me for that hands-free extra-shopping bags option.
The same thing happened on Q with Kipling bags; bags which only ever had grab handles started appearing on Q with added long straps. I don't mind this where the grabhandles will flop flat to the sides of the bag but if they stand upright they can get in the way. The whole thing with Kipling was that you could choose a style with the features that suited you but Q wants every bag to be all things to all buyers.

I know I'm amongst bag-friends so can I brag that I own one of 2 chartreuse Izzy bags that were given as a competition prize a year or so ago? I didn't win but saw one on ebay and just bid the Izzy rrp and walked away, thinking it'd go for silly money but I won it and no one except my daughter "gets" how fab it is. She's also eyeing my new pink Paula so I may have to hide it. It'll get it's debut outing at my son's graduation later this month; I can't wait! Ofcourse I'll say "what? this old thing?" if Mr Akimbo comments. :mysmilie_50:

I got the small patent Eva when it was a TSV and that was when I was first aware of the QVC versions having an added cross-body strap. On a small bag it's fine. I have a small Izzy but rarely use the long strap, but if I'm out for the day I'll take it with me for that hands-free extra-shopping bags option.
The same thing happened on Q with Kipling bags; bags which only ever had grab handles started appearing on Q with added long straps. I don't mind this where the grabhandles will flop flat to the sides of the bag but if they stand upright they can get in the way. The whole thing with Kipling was that you could choose a style with the features that suited you but Q wants every bag to be all things to all buyers.

I know I'm amongst bag-friends so can I brag that I own one of 2 chartreuse Izzy bags that were given as a competition prize a year or so ago? I didn't win but saw one on ebay and just bid the Izzy rrp and walked away, thinking it'd go for silly money but I won it and no one except my daughter "gets" how fab it is. She's also eyeing my new pink Paula so I may have to hide it. It'll get it's debut outing at my son's graduation later this month; I can't wait! Ofcourse I'll say "what? this old thing?" if Mr Akimbo comments. :mysmilie_50:

I think you are right about shoulder straps working better with smaller bags. Like you, I sometimes keep them handy to be able to go hands-free.

I love that chartreuse Lulu did - acid yellow is bang on trend this summer too, Akimbo!

Ooh, I've got bag envy!!!:envy:I'm fairly new to Lulu Guinness bags so haven't got a big collection but you ladies seem to have all shapes & styles. :happy:

Ooh Akimbo that is brag-worthy indeed! I can imagine Izzy looks fantastic in the chartreuse. I think it's a perfect colour because it is so "out there" that it almost can't clash with anything, whereas less daring colours always have an item of clothing you own that they don't look right with. Also, not that you would want to sell it, but that will certainly hold its value well as its just one of two ever made :mysmilie_59:

Funny you should mention the chartreuse, I noticed in this in the wheelers sale https://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/product/lulu-guinness/humbug-chloe-clutch-in-chartreuse
Isn't it simply fantastic? This may be the bag that breaks my Lulu drought. I do worry about the Perspex chipping or breaking though, I've never known anyone mention that the Perspex has broken on Lulu bags, but the warnings by every bag that contain it do unnerve me slightly!

Last edited:
I got the link to the new collection too. Tempted by the burnt orange as I chucked away a small burnt orange bag a few weeks ago and have regretted it ever since. Might even have to go to charity shop and buy it back if it is still there.

Those deep reds/burgundys are gorgeous aren't they! I love the Tabitha but not mad on that print, I'm sure it'll come in more colours shortly, so that is my current lust bag!

I would say sale definitely still has some time left Akimbo as there's been no 'final markdowns' email or similar yet, that's what I'm holding out for! However I don't mind if I miss what I fancied, it's money towards those sumptuous Autumn/Wint colours :mysmilie_14:

I had to share this somewhere as my friends think my bag addiction is nice but they do look at me with slightly pitying eyes.. :mysmilie_17:

I didn't buy anything from the sale in the end, and I'm glad I didn't as there are some more items added to the new collection for A/W, have you seen the mini Daphne??!! Oh my goodness! http://www.luluguinness.com/black-polished-leather-mini-daphne When payday arrives on Tuesday its is going to well and truly be mine! I always lusted over the original Daphne but it was too big for my every day needs, so an evening bag sized Daphne has made my dreams come true! (I mean, not that I dream about bags or anything.....) :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back