Amazon Prime Day Wednesday 15th July - Kipling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I too watch some U.S. shows online by streaming. It's pretty easy to find what you want, just google the title of the show plus the word 'stream' and go from there. From what I gather you can be prosecuted for uploading a show to the net, but not for watching it via a stream (but don't quote me on that!)

Amazon Prime Day is this Wednesday. Promises of huge discounts better than Black Friday. We don't know for certain what products will be on sale but there has always been Kipling bags at rock bottom prices in the past for this type of event - like Christmas and lightning deals and Black Friday.

You have to be an amazon prime subscriber.

ive never said i only use Q i mean when amazon upped the free delivery that took a big shine of things plus when they price match other stores & then it makes it under the £20 the added postage just makes it more expensive than if i got it elsewhere ect

i wish they would do prime without all the extra rubbish they throw in with it like other countries do

Me too! I had the trial period and cancelled it. I use Amazon digital a lot, but not the physical service. It would never be a justified cost to me. I don't want the telly or movies, and I deeply resent paying for stuff that's of no interest to me. It's just like Sky - they pull you in with the stuff you want and then throw in a bunch of other stuff you've no need for or interest in, then charge you more for the privilege.

Hi just in case anyone was tempted by to join prime by mention above that it's on offer ATM (like me who tried to take up the offer earlier today!) it was an offer that ended on 8th July :( Sad because that £20 would've made quite a differnce to me... Now deliberating again!

Yes I've noticed that, it's almost as if someone comments, then when challenged, or proven wrong, they delete it, how odd.
The post is probably not deleted by the person. I posted on a business's page that I was not happy with the service as they failed to give me the item and my post was deleted once they realised it was there

Amazon Prime is ideal if you'll make full use of it and if you wanted it. MSE has been reporting cases where buyers have unwittingly signed up for Prime thinking they were clicking for free postage on an item. Then, because they didn't realise the free trial period was up, they're billed for the annual subscription of £79. Here's how to cancel and get a refund if you've been affected: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...for-unwanted-amazon-prime-heres-how-to-cancel

I was sent one of these cards a couple of months ago but wasn't really interested, the ASA said it was misleading: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2015/03/amazon-prime-free-trial-ad-banned

The post is probably not deleted by the person. I posted on a business's page that I was not happy with the service as they failed to give me the item and my post was deleted once they realised it was there

Aw sorry for the confusion ILS, I didn't mean Amazon, I've always had brilliant A1 service from them, it was in regards to QVC FB page that comment was made.

I've bought a few things from Amazon lately and they've all been free next day delivery without having to join Prime, so I'm quite happy about that :mysmilie_14:

Well non-prime members haven't missed much really, I finished work at 1pm today so may have missed some mega bargains in the morning, but what I've seen this afternoon is no different to their daily deals or the Black Friday/cyber Monday deals.

I decided to join prime in the end - I had been planning to anyway and kicked myself for missing it at £59 on offer. I thought I may as well do it today so that I could take advantage of the much-hyped prime day - in large part for the streaming and on-demand etc including iplayer on my TV... So I went and got it and was able to buy the amazon fire TV stick for £19 (instead of £35) so 'saved' £20 there...
However, aside from that it's not amazing at all. As you say Ellaaa no better at all to black friday and in many ways worse! I did get a wireless door bell set for £8.99 instead of £13 but that's about it for me! Disappointing!

Glad to hear you joined prime Loopy Lou, it is definitely worth it if you make use of the services :wave: You'll find yourself making amazon your first port of call when needing to buy absolutely anything! I always go to amazon whenever I need/want to buy something, good prices and it's with you the next day! In fact I get a bit grumpy sometimes if I can't find what I need on amazon!

I just did a bit more hunting and a couple of things found their way into my basket, some dvd's I wanted and the multivitamins I take! Decent savings. So in the end I did find some things that I needed in the deals, therefore I take back a bit of my critique of the day :giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back