Craft ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

delh

Registered Shopper
Now I suspect I may be out of kilter but I am watching the launch and they keep saying its "dedicated to craft" but look on the website and the only things they are selling are related to paper craft and a few books. Now I know there are a lot of paper crafters out there but there are also many other crafters who DONT use paper, knitting, sewing, painting etc. unless they broaden their stock an awful lot then I think a name change is in order to the Paper Craft channel.
It seems at the moment it's focus is just paper crafting which may be great for the paper crafters but rubbish for anyone else

They have to start somewhere and the paper crafting industry is huge. So it makes perfect sense to start there and then introduce other things - I watched the launch show where they were also selling high-end chocolate truffle making kits.
Looking on the website they have knitting, sewing, home décor, candle making, baking, jewellery and they will be selling do it yourself cosmetics.
Can't have it all in the first hour.

They have to start somewhere and the paper crafting industry is huge. So it makes perfect sense to start there and then introduce other things - I watched the launch show where they were also selling high-end chocolate truffle making kits.
Looking on the website they have knitting, sewing, home décor, candle making, baking, jewellery and they will be selling do it yourself cosmetics.
Can't have it all in the first hour.

I understand that the paper crafting is massive and that they can't "have it all in the first hour" the point is they have the categories on the website but they are empty, now it may be that at some point in the future they may pay lip service to other crafts but given the length of time up to launch I would have expected to have had some other crafts represented on the website even if not during the launch show especially as they have been promoting themselves as the "home" of crafts.

It's great that paper crafters have yet another source for thier hobby but it appears, up to now, that the rest of us who are just as passionate about our crafts are ignored yet again. The market for paper crafting may be massive but it must also be reaching saturation point there is a huge gap for other crafts and a lot of money to be made by anyone prepared to fill that gap and I just don't think the craft channel will be that place which is a shame because it seemed to be a slick operation from the bit I saw which admittedly wasn't a lot because I'm not interested in stamps ink pads etc.

Yeah but its a brand new channel so as time goes on i think they will add more and more crafting products.
I watched the launch yesterday and it looked good to be fair. I think Julian really makes it.

Now I suspect I may be out of kilter but I am watching the launch and they keep saying its "dedicated to craft" but look on the website and the only things they are selling are related to paper craft and a few books. Now I know there are a lot of paper crafters out there but there are also many other crafters who DONT use paper, knitting, sewing, painting etc. unless they broaden their stock an awful lot then I think a name change is in order to the Paper Craft channel.
It seems at the moment it's focus is just paper crafting which may be great for the paper crafters but rubbish for anyone else

Hi,

The craft channel is a totally built from scratch television station/shopping channel. Therefore to have already judged them might be a little harsh.

They are taking baby steps to ensure that they get it right and are listening to the viewers feedback. Most viewers are papercrafters, therefore they were always going to focus on those crafts first. However, yesterday also had a fabric/needlework show which was an hour on informative, interesting and entertaining. It wasn't a sales programme at all.
They will be covering a wide range of crafts and have tried to indicate this by having those sections showing on their website.
Just be patient, I am sure that you will soon find something that interests you.

Personally, I am very disappointed that the items are slow coming on line - it's a view shared by many and this has been brought to their attention and hopefully they will rectify this soon.

Last edited:
But many types of practical professionals are known as Craftsmen

If it's something like wood working or metal work then yeah, that's fine. But to me DIY means a few power tools to help put up a shelf, rather than an actual craft item being produced.

I personally think that the new channel looks as though it is going to be great. Seeing the ' Bibster' back with Anthony was really entertaining. Nice to see Wendy as well. I am looking forward to more entertaining shows. It is much more professional than Hochanda - but that is only my opinion.

I like paper crafting, home decoration, candle making, baking, jewelry making and all crafts things.
I like decorating my room with the scented candles and flowers...

I ordered the weekender today, four kits to make felt animals. I will be able to use the templates to make more which I will sell to raise funds for an animal charity I support. Julian was on this morning. I liked him when he was on QVC. I like him, he is not hard sell, very pleasant and well mannered. I may be biased coming from Salford as he is a Salford lad. The channel can only get better as long as they have support.

I think its lovely to see so many of the old familiar faces again, they work so well together. I love papercraft, but do hope they will hurry up and get the pictures on the website though!

Latest posts

Back