Pervy Pete AWOL

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atoastfan

Registered Shopper
I've just been glancing the listings to see what the upcoming pick of the days are (sad I know but I had some free time on my hands). Well, Pope Pete don't appear anywhere as a presenter in the next week. Does anyone know is he on holiday or is he finally out of favour following slap gate?

He slapped a cameraman in "jest" but we all know that Pervy petes jest just isn't funny, maybe he's been suspended from IW, it would be about time because he really thought he was indispensable with his delusions of grandeur, so I hope he's been sacked because it was a big mistake hiring PP in my opinion, his innuendos were a step too far, I'm just surprised they stuck him for this long.

Perhaps he is going to the new Bid channel that is imminent.

He slapped a cameraman in "jest" but we all know that Pervy petes jest just isn't funny, maybe he's been suspended from IW, it would be about time because he really thought he was indispensable with his delusions of grandeur, so I hope he's been sacked because it was a big mistake hiring PP in my opinion, his innuendos were a step too far, I'm just surprised they stuck him for this long.

Not only never saw the slap gate fiasco, why? Looks to camera, smacks lips, Couldn't be bothered. But as we speak - if you don't check out you baskets - you could lose it!!
I would imagine PP is on an extended exotic holiday with our Bet, sipping cocktails, as we speak!! It must be a hard job slapping the workforce, earning a bundle of dosh, while getting away with behaviour that us lesser mortals would be dismissed for.
Whatever the reason for PP being off our screens, I hope he is having a wonderful time - and I hope the person he "abused" (allegedly) is still employed, and has not been fired for making a complaint.
I did at one time think, for a nanno second on Bid/tv he was entertaining, but grew to find his on screen persona rather out of place in this era. I may be wrong, just my opinion. :mysmilie_17:
Don't forget to check out those baskets - we may sell out, and all stock sold out and gone - till tomorrow of course - "SUCKERS"

Not only never saw the slap gate fiasco, why? Looks to camera, smacks lips, Couldn't be bothered. But as we speak - if you don't check out you baskets - you could lose it!!
I would imagine PP is on an extended exotic holiday with our Bet, sipping cocktails, as we speak!! It must be a hard job slapping the workforce, earning a bundle of dosh, while getting away with behaviour that us lesser mortals would be dismissed for.
Whatever the reason for PP being off our screens, I hope he is having a wonderful time - and I hope the person he "abused" (allegedly) is still employed, and has not been fired for making a complaint.
I did at one time think, for a nanno second on Bid/tv he was entertaining, but grew to find his on screen persona rather out of place in this era. I may be wrong, just my opinion. :mysmilie_17:
Don't forget to check out those baskets - we may sell out, and all stock sold out and gone - till tomorrow of course - "SUCKERS"

I didn't see slap gate either but a few people have mentioned it, I've no doubt Teflon Pete will be back because no matter how bad his actions, how risqué the innuendo, how deceitful his hard sell, no complaint sticks. Employers seem to think his outdated, 1980s "comedy" routine is liked, might be by some but the majority can't stand him.

Personally, I think he has been suspended for a while but will be back (unfortunately). Maybe management are finally waking up to the fact that he goes too far. He has got away with so much since he has been employed there and like naughty child pushes the boundaries and doesn't know when to stop.

Personally, I think he has been suspended for a while but will be back (unfortunately). Maybe management are finally waking up to the fact that he goes too far. He has got away with so much since he has been employed there and like naughty child pushes the boundaries and doesn't know when to stop.

I really hope so, at BidTv he was actively encouraged to act the fool, no one at HR must've told him never invade someone's personal space, but then again as a grown man should he really have needed telling how to act? I can't see that any other retailer would be willing to take the risk hiring him now, that's what happens when you think you're untouchable.....oooer missus! :mysmilie_17:

Punch-up Pete has previous history of 'violence' towards his presenter colleagues: :sun:

Punch-up Pete has previous history of 'violence' towards his presenter colleagues: :sun:

Oh my word! Absolutely pathetic. Three bottles of perfume for £24.99 plus £7.99 p&p and PS reckons you're getting an amazing deal? They're only £3.99 per bottle anyway, watching that clip brings back all the reasons why this channel went bust. That was quite aggressive play fighting by Pervy Pete, I bet he loved every second.

I really hope so, at BidTv he was actively encouraged to act the fool, no one at HR must've told him never invade someone's personal space, but then again as a grown man should he really have needed telling how to act? I can't see that any other retailer would be willing to take the risk hiring him now, that's what happens when you think you're untouchable.....oooer missus! :mysmilie_17:

My mum told me about a time on Bid when Pervy Pete was on with Elisha, his sidekick. She was demonstrating a long cardigan or something like that. He put his hand either in the pocket over her leg or ran his hand down her leg and Elisha told him, forcefully, to get his hand off her leg. They always said how well they knew each other, they went back twenty years, you would be more relaxed around an old friend and not defensive. My mum said her manner was serious, not jokey and she appeared to really mean it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......but.........

7:00 PM Nutribullet New Colours
Peter Simon with William Kennelly Rick Hay

9:00 PM Christmas Lights Pick of the Day
Peter Simon with Angela Noghani

11:00 PM Christmas Lights Pick of the Day

Friday 9th October

Ah well, it was nice while it lasted :doh:

Friday 9th October

Thank you for the advance warning!

No one will be more amazed than me if he doesn't re-surface - I would think there's more chance of a flying pig passing by. He seems non-stick as far as any suspensions or other penalties are concerned, just gets away with it and IW seem to condone his innuendos and "act". I don't think he'd get away with it on any other shopping channel (although I'd LOVE to see him put with DF or JF on Q - oh, priceless - please, please!). IW don't seem to mind a bit when he acts like a total eejit. He'll no doubt be back with some story or another - like sleeping in a hotel on his hols. and finding that the mattress had holes in it and springs poking through, or it lacked a Kinkycade on the walls - anything to add to his rich store of stories to regale us with and then laugh at his own jokes.

Hope they keep him away from using the controls of the Nutribullet - or they'll need to re-decorate pronto.

Friday 9th October

My mum told me about a time on Bid when Pervy Pete was on with Elisha, his sidekick. She was demonstrating a long cardigan or something like that. He put his hand either in the pocket over her leg or ran his hand down her leg and Elisha told him, forcefully, to get his hand off her leg. They always said how well they knew each other, they went back twenty years, you would be more relaxed around an old friend and not defensive. My mum said her manner was serious, not jokey and she appeared to really mean it.

I don't doubt it for a second.

Friday 9th October

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! I'm devastated now!!! :mysmilie_13:

Our Bet may have whisked him away to paradise for all we know, to get over Slapgate - but what about Mum, is she alive at present? I know it usually varies according to the product being flogged. If he's gone abroad, a breakdown in Diplomatic relations could surely follow..... keep watching the News. You know the film "All the President's Men" about Watergate? Well what film title could we use for Slapgate??:wonder:

Latest posts

Back