Pervy Pete AWOL

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pope P was deliberately doing it. In PP's mind, it might be "look at me, I got another job when Bid folded, now I'm in charge". You would think, wouldn't you, that Pope P would be trying to make sales rather than acting like a pr&t, as presumably IW have targets even he has to meet, but as he seems to be allowed to act the eejit without any repercussions, I would not put it passed him to rub Perfume Pete's nose in it. I cannot believe his stinks sell - how many people buy perfume for the 1st time without wanting to test it? And surely you can find the equivalent in Pound shops, can't you?

I thought Peter Simon was a liability. Peter Sherlock should have teamed up with one of the female presenters.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pope P was deliberately doing it. In PP's mind, it might be "look at me, I got another job when Bid folded, now I'm in charge". You would think, wouldn't you, that Pope P would be trying to make sales rather than acting like a pr&t, as presumably IW have targets even he has to meet, but as he seems to be allowed to act the eejit without any repercussions, I would not put it passed him to rub Perfume Pete's nose in it. I cannot believe his stinks sell - how many people buy perfume for the 1st time without wanting to test it? And surely you can find the equivalent in Pound shops, can't you?

That is an interesting theory. One bit I saw was when they were selling gift boxes to put all the Divine Decadence in that you are buying as gifts. Pope P was saying "no more wrapping paper, no more sellotape", and he pronounced sellotape oddly, can't think what he actually said. P Sherlock very gently teased him and asked him what he had said for "sellotape". His reaction was to do the camp, taking offence act, but it didn't appear to be funny. Muttered "you know I can't say things". Gave the impression that he didn't like Mr Sherlocks very gentle teasing, despite the man hugs to prove what great mates they are. Oh and he pronounced "tuber rose" as toberose", I think he was talking about Swiss chocolate!

That is an interesting theory. One bit I saw was when they were selling gift boxes to put all the Divine Decadence in that you are buying as gifts. Pope P was saying "no more wrapping paper, no more sellotape", and he pronounced sellotape oddly, can't think what he actually said. P Sherlock very gently teased him and asked him what he had said for "sellotape". His reaction was to do the camp, taking offence act, but it didn't appear to be funny. Muttered "you know I can't say things". Gave the impression that he didn't like Mr Sherlocks very gentle teasing, despite the man hugs to prove what great mates they are. Oh and he pronounced "tuber rose" as toberose", I think he was talking about Swiss chocolate!

Not "being able to say things" how hilarious is that, has he not realised that "saying things" is pretty much all a tv shopping presenters job consists of? What a wally he is. :mysmilie_15:

loved it when joe told him off last night when PS had his feet inches away from food the man is a clown.

Of course, as Pope P thinks he is absolutely hilarious, it could be nothing personal aimed at Perfume Pete, just part of the cabaret act. But all this chumminess is a load of tosh as well, I bet it's dog eat dog in the world of selly telly, loads about one-upmanship and getting better sales than the next bloke, and very little "all pals together". You'd need the bloke on Jeremy Kyle to sort out the motives/meanings there, as Pope P is beyond comprehension for most of us mere mortals.

He tried to get him to say 'swarovski' and 'torricelumn' but he wouldn't.

I witnessed him trying to pronounce "Swarovski" on one never-to-be-forgotten occasion...he was all over the place flogging some jewellery, hadn't a clue which stone he was meant to be showing.."this is a beautiful amethyst - er, it's a tanzanite", that sort of thing. He was talking about the different jewellery people collect - and "Swarovski" came out of his mouth as something like "Swarreyobska". So, for all you collectors of "Swarreyobska" out there.....

He tried to get him to say 'swarovski' and 'torricelumn' but he wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back