Pervy Pete AWOL

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You don't want to watch QVC then, they're Bodyblade made. :mysmilie_17:

QVC hardly do fitness, unlike this lot. 1 or 2 iw presenters are quiet overweight. Also qvc presenters eat quiet a lot. On monday, they will be doing all day food programming. On another note bidtv this must be a hoax ???

When I listen to all the presenters but especially the ex BidTV presenters they just sound so so so desperate to be the viewers friend and will do anything at all to get a sale as its like a race to the bottom for the presenters and they know it themselves, the very last roll of the dice for them as they can go no lower than IW or it will be back to the real world for them just like the majority of us mere mortals.

I mean every hour its the same old worn out sales tactics regardless of what is being sold........."we are 10 mins in and 10% has gone (like all other items)" "we are very busy for this item by the way (bet it is)" "this item will never ever be back until maybe probably we dont know (give it a few hours folks and you will be able to get it again)" "I have this item and have never looked back (until the upgraded model we sold)" "we think this will sell this hour (but what hour in what day?)" "14 day money back guarentee with nowt to lose (Well you wont get your postage back but I will forget to mention that)" "get this item for £15 today then 4 fle............(yes what else were you going to say then???)" "Just have a buy (as we like to make a huge rip roaring mark up with postage costs and huge profit)"

Its all so desperate and so void of anything new or new presenting styles just the same old rolled out journeymen/women.

QVC hardly do fitness, unlike this lot. 1 or 2 iw presenters are quiet overweight. Also qvc presenters eat quiet a lot. On monday, they will be doing all day food programming. On another note bidtv this must be a hoax ???

Yeah, I think it's a hoax too, unless they're into financial suicide.

When I listen to all the presenters but especially the ex BidTV presenters they just sound so so so desperate to be the viewers friend and will do anything at all to get a sale as its like a race to the bottom for the presenters and they know it themselves, the very last roll of the dice for them as they can go no lower than IW or it will be back to the real world for them just like the majority of us mere mortals.

I mean every hour its the same old worn out sales tactics regardless of what is being sold........."we are 10 mins in and 10% has gone (like all other items)" "we are very busy for this item by the way (bet it is)" "this item will never ever be back until maybe probably we dont know (give it a few hours folks and you will be able to get it again)" "I have this item and have never looked back (until the upgraded model we sold)" "we think this will sell this hour (but what hour in what day?)" "14 day money back guarentee with nowt to lose (Well you wont get your postage back but I will forget to mention that)" "get this item for £15 today then 4 fle............(yes what else were you going to say then???)" "Just have a buy (as we like to make a huge rip roaring mark up with postage costs and huge profit)"

Its all so desperate and so void of anything new or new presenting styles just the same old rolled out journeymen/women.

I find QVC the more hard sell, Debbie Flint for instance pleads with you to buy "so please get yours now" so please get in touch and get yours now" "order now please don't wait" etc etc.

I've not been watching much in the past few days (flippin work and visitors getting in the way of seeing if the Pope is on - Grrrrr!!), but I agree about MM and think both PP and MM could be thoroughly unpleasant if crossed. Poor Marina Berry was a victim at times. The "act" is exactly that, all on the surface. Heck, the poor Goddess and Our Bet! What they must suffer.....and Mum (if she's still around, anyone know?)

Yes, his cheeky chappie persona has dropped a few times and the real MM isn't very nice, I'd hate to get on the wrong side of him..........oh yuk!! or any side of him come to that![/QUOTE]

So right - I thought it was my imagination that the spiel had got even more "stale" lately, so glad you feel the same. Even if you switch over for just a minute, you always hear "the lines are so busy today/tonight" and "over 80% sold" - just so, so repetitive.

Had IW on in the background for the last couple of hours with Shaun Ryan who's inoffensive and at least professional. They have just done the dreaded Christmas helicopters and Pervy Pete joined in all screamy and shouting like a complete village imbecile in an apron but only wearing some blue underwear. I know this because he proceeded to lift his apron up to show the guest and all and sundry. Now he's singing stupid songs.

I mean for crying out loud, it's Sunday night not a Saturday night in Jimmy Saville's BBC TV Centre green room....

Had IW on in the background for the last couple of hours with Shaun Ryan who's inoffensive and at least professional. They have just done the dreaded Christmas helicopters and Pervy Pete joined in all screamy and shouting like a complete village imbecile in an apron but only wearing some blue underwear. I know this because he proceeded to lift his apron up to show the guest and all and sundry. Now he's singing stupid songs.

I mean for crying out loud, it's Sunday night not a Saturday night in Jimmy Saville's BBC TV Centre green room....

Agreed, he's too much he really is, I just turned over and all I could see was a pair of scrawny legs, I mean for the love of.........

He was revolting last night. He was demonstrating some exercise equipment which was turned up to the next level and he kept saying he liked it harder and asking the other lady demonstrating whether she liked it harder. He was even more creepy and vile than usual. Turned over straight away.

He was revolting last night. He was demonstrating some exercise equipment which was turned up to the next level and he kept saying he liked it harder and asking the other lady demonstrating whether she liked it harder. He was even more creepy and vile than usual. Turned over straight away.

See, I just don't get it. Glad I can't stomache him for more than thirty seconds, bit of a pain if I want to buy something because the perv never seems to off the telly, think it's time for yet an other email to IW.

Pre or post watershed, it makes no difference. He gets away with it every time. IW condone whatever he does - does he know where the bodies are buried? A suitable case for treatment, methinks.

shopperholic, he's definitely got the dirt. Why else would they put up with him? Surely most people tune in to snigger at him, rather than buy anything, everyone I know who watches IW think he's some sort of failed comedian 'has-been' trying to recapture his "heyday" (that's if he ever had one, he was always more like amateur night at the pub, IMO). I've written to IW like you, but I don't know about you, all I got back was a standard e-mail with some rot about "....we are committed to providing an excellent service....." They refuse to address what you say in your e-mail, just gloss over it completely. Personally, I think someone should be committed.....

See, I just don't get it. Glad I can't stomache him for more than thirty seconds, bit of a pain if I want to buy something because the perv never seems to off the telly, think it's time for yet an other email to IW.

shopperholic, he's definitely got the dirt. Why else would they put up with him? Surely most people tune in to snigger at him, rather than buy anything, everyone I know who watches IW think he's some sort of failed comedian 'has-been' trying to recapture his "heyday" (that's if he ever had one, he was always more like amateur night at the pub, IMO). I've written to IW like you, but I don't know about you, all I got back was a standard e-mail with some rot about "....we are committed to providing an excellent service....." They refuse to address what you say in your e-mail, just gloss over it completely. Personally, I think someone should be committed.....

Yeah H definitely, they can't possibly think he has appeal, so there's only one other solution, the mans got dirt. Yes, I got the same email, they'd pass on my complaint they said, load of cobblers.

Latest posts

Back