21 day preview IW rewards pack

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Just had a phone call regarding a 21 day IW reward pack for £2.99 p&p and can then cancel or take a subscription for £79 within 21 days of receipt and can keep all the gifts it contains , has anyone else taken this on and is it worth doing and worth £2.99 for initially?

No. It will be full of worthless money off coupons and similar tat. Really, this makes Ideal World scum-worthy in my view when they try to pull these sort of tricks with people.

Steer totally clear! 'Cause even if you cancel they'll try and find a way to take the money anyway, and you'll have a lot of trouble getting it back - umpteen expensive phonecalls to someone who doesn't speak your language and will keep asking you to repeat yourself, and will repeat back everything you say anyhow in order to keep you on the line longer. Your details will be given to all manner of people (not your card details) but enough details to keep you in spam emails and junk phonecalls for the foreseeable future! The actual "gift" nothing "tangible" that's for sure, just a pamphlet full of worthless offers eg, buy 2 mains get a free dessert at a couple of high street restuarant franchises (who do that sort of offer all the time anyway) 15% of your first order with Ocado if you spend over a certain amount...There may even be an invite to a special open evening in a shop with discounts to be had, but the shop's 200 miles away...Totally worthless. STAY CLEAR AT ALL COSTS!

That's true merryone. You can offer source these offers from elsewhere on the internet for free without paying any subscription.

Generally with "free" offers like this, you have to give your credit card details up front so that they can continue the paid subscription when the free trial ends. Some companies may make it difficult for you to cancel. Not sure if that is the case here, but I would be cautious.

Dont do it.

My dad done it on its previous guise, when he was contacted about it, they said, what shops do you use, he said the likes of Sainsburys & Asda, he was told ooh yes sir, you can save money from those shops, they seemed to tell him they customised the deals to the customers wants.

he never used it, kept saying he was going to ring them, but kept forgetfing, he only the other weeks chucked all the bumph

I would agree with everyone who has advised you to be careful, Susie Wusie, nobody in these type of offers will give more than what they can take off you. Go with caution, see if you can talk about it with someone who "benefited" from it, before you think of taking a plunge .

I would also be very concerned about consent to use your personal data; these usually worthless 'offers' are a thinly-disguised excuse to sell on details such as home address and phone number to other companies. (There may technically be an 'opt-out' for this but in practice it's never used.) Bet there's at least one 'offer' for a free makeover/photo session with the almighty catch being that you end up with very high pressure sales techniques being employed to force you to buy one (possibly) substandard photo for a huge amount of money.

Personally I would steer well clear of anything like this.

I've just copied and pasted a some examples of this offer from the IW website

"Enjoy your £10 gift card to use at over 700 Sainsbury's stores across the UK. Spend it on a delicious range of high quality goods, fine wines, spirits and more."

For £10? More like a bag of king Edwards, a packet of fish fingers, some baked beans and a bottle of coke!

£60 Credit with Ideal World - Doesn't sound too shabby does it? Until.......

You discover that this consists of a £5 voucher emailed to you every month for 12 months - So don't think you'll be able to buy a couple of christmas presents, or perhaps a nice pair of winter boots for yourself...No Siree you'll have to buy something from them each and every month to get a measly £5 discount (which is a regular offer of theirs anyway for non-subscribers) - so pretty worthless I'd say!

FREE Explore Beautiful Britain

"Experience the best of British with 2 for 1 garden entry, Savings on National Trust and English Heritage visits for the whole family and a lot more besides!"

Offers like this are all over the internet, they can even be found in newspapers and magazines

"Our 3 Free magazines offer has previously included titles like the ones pictured above."

Take a moment out with a quiet read, catch up on celebrity gossip, learn more about the latest health news or find out what's going on in the motoring world. Call now to see which magazines are available on offer this month!*

So you get 3 magazines (whoopie!) - Of their choice essentially - And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this didn't involve a voucher that you have to fill in and send to the magazine company, thus giving your details to yet another party and entering into another contract that could also be a hassle to get out of!

Pet Portrait or Family Photo

Bring your family together and create images to cherish at one of The Click Group's reputable photography studios!

With 100+ locations across the UK & Ireland, your experience includes a photo-shoot you'll never forget. Whether your photo-shoot is for the whole family or your beloved pet, The Click Group will have the perfect experience just for you.

Just don't - The above poster said it all!

And as for the Eurostar offer - that's not gonna work out cheap - Unless you go on your own, and come back the same day...but I doubt if that's an option!

DON'T DO IT FOLKS - IT'S AN ALMIGHTY RIP-OFF!

Nice post Merryone - and thanks' for the info - but this is IW we are talking about - did we expect anything else!!

Last week PP was flogging the Ninja flying jobbies and stated very emphatically "There will be no more when these have gone".
HG was on yesterday with the same toy seller selling - you guessed it !!!!
I think IW has a low esteem for the viewers, and I think it is one they are very happy with.

Shame on them. :mysmilie_51:

Pet Portrait or Family Photo

Bring your family together and create images to cherish at one of The Click Group's reputable photography studios!

With 100+ locations across the UK & Ireland, your experience includes a photo-shoot you'll never forget. Whether your photo-shoot is for the whole family or your beloved pet, The Click Group will have the perfect experience just for you.

Just don't - The above poster said it all!

To be fair, the company they use for photo shoots may not be the worst of its kind, but additional photos are still expensive (£40-£60 typically) and you can get what looks like a similar offer or discount with a bit of searching. Also I would want to see a specific review for a local studio I intend to use as opposed to a generic review that could only apply to a 'good' studio included in the offer or might even be a fake review.

Regardless, avoid.

Nice post Merryone - and thanks' for the info - but this is IW we are talking about - did we expect anything else!!

Last week PP was flogging the Ninja flying jobbies and stated very emphatically "There will be no more when these have gone".
HG was on yesterday with the same toy seller selling - you guessed it !!!!
I think IW has a low esteem for the viewers, and I think it is one they are very happy with.

Shame on them. :mysmilie_51:

And she's on again today with it!

Also she said the toy bundle was limited stock...............it'll be back :dull:

It is the same with anything with IW, I watch their fashion presentation, on the hope that Loen will be on, because she is great and makes me laugh. I turn it off if it is Genevieve, because she screeches and cackles like the Wicked Witch of the East !! Genevieve is forever " ladies buy it now, it will not come back" "once it is gone, it is gone" and more of such drivel and she has brought whatever "is gone" stuff like the Made in Italy tops over and over again , I have lost count of how many times.
I don't mind their eagerness for selling, because after all that is what they are paid for, but please, don't think that we, the customers are nincompoops.

Latest posts

Back