Divine Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
I see the pongtastic Peter Sherlock has been on again flogging his exclusive (but suspiciously cheap) smellies. The grand title for tonight’s show was ‘Divine Fragrance’.

It turns out that one possible anagram for this word combination is ‘Vain Face Grinder’. This seems particularly fitting for the Fibulift segment, when the elixir of youth potion is applied to a few insignificant age lines, causing a total transformation in the ability of the recipient to speak honestly about their appearance.

(Hold on, perhaps I shouldn’t be so cynical...I’ve just had a look on Ideal’s website and it turns out that there’s been a scientific study into the efficacy of this product. Called the ‘Consumer Perception Study’ it details the surprisingly positive perceptions of those who have tried this product and were very satisfied :wink: with the results. Well, that’s me told.)

For a so called "perfum expert" he put them in the most ugly looking bottles I've ever seen perfume in, he must know that, especially on the telly, that he has to visually sell it to the customer because they can't smell it, if he wants his perfume to come across as cheap and boring........mission accomplished.

So who (or what) is the 'Consumer Perception Study'? Sounds like a home-made tick box questionnaire to me, drawn up by...???. If it was a Which? survey or something with clout people might be interested, but surely anyone can give a fancy name to a questionnaire and claim 3 million people have completed it, and all love whatever it is? Honestly, do they take us for idiots (answer seems to be a definite "yes"). Love the 'Vain Face Grinder' - says it all.:giggle:
I see the pongtastic Peter Sherlock has been on again flogging his exclusive (but suspiciously cheap) smellies. The grand title for tonight’s show was ‘Divine Fragrance’.

It turns out that one possible anagram for this word combination is ‘Vain Face Grinder’. This seems particularly fitting for the Fibulift segment, when the elixir of youth potion is applied to a few insignificant age lines, causing a total transformation in the ability of the recipient to speak honestly about their appearance.

(Hold on, perhaps I shouldn’t be so cynical...I’ve just had a look on Ideal’s website and it turns out that there’s been a scientific study into the efficacy of this product. Called the ‘Consumer Perception Study’ it details the surprisingly positive perceptions of those who have tried this product and were very satisfied :wink: with the results. Well, that’s me told.)

Oh, shopperholic, how could you be so harsh? Don't you know how long it took to wash out all those ketchup bottles? :mysmilie_17:
For a so called "perfum expert" he put them in the most ugly looking bottles I've ever seen perfume in, he must know that, especially on the telly, that he has to visually sell it to the customer because they can't smell it, if he wants his perfume to come across as cheap and boring........mission accomplished.

I did have "THE" show on and felt between the two of them, they reminded me of just how bad, bid used to be. Trying to talk over each other, and the almost orgasmic aahing and oohing, can't make me feel or experience something I cant smell. Pope Pete did his slow drawl to camera with angelic muzak. I don't care about top notes, base notes, and the like, but if it smalls nice, it is a personal thing. I would never buy a "fragrance" without smelling it first. Oh and by the way, limited stock - and check out your.............
BTW, I use Kouros and Quorum, would never have bought either without knowing about them from someone off the TV. Sorry guys, buying fragrances off the tv doesn't do it for me, so until smelly telly is invented, it's Duty free for me when I need more!

So who (or what) is the 'Consumer Perception Study'? Sounds like a home-made tick box questionnaire to me, drawn up by...???. If it was a Which? survey or something with clout people might be interested, but surely anyone can give a fancy name to a questionnaire and claim 3 million people have completed it, and all love whatever it is? Honestly, do they take us for idiots (answer seems to be a definite "yes"). Love the 'Vain Face Grinder' - says it all.:giggle:

This 'study' sounds like a made-up load of old rollocks...:devil:

Oh heck, he wasn't doing his buzzwords and jargonese was he? I haven't forgotten when Pete created a perfume for Sally J and presented a bottle of it to her on screen in a love-fest of "wonderful", "fantastic", "so original" and other, similar "technical expressions". All this carp about top and base notes means diddly-squat from the other side of a TV screen, and unless you can smell it, it could smell like a bottle of ammonia for all you know. Do they think that giving it all the "expert jargon" gives legitimacy to something? Yeah, I'm surely going to sport out for a bottle of pong based on the fact that some bod has talked jargon at me (not).
I did have "THE" show on and felt between the two of them, they reminded me of just how bad, bid used to be. Trying to talk over each other, and the almost orgasmic aahing and oohing, can't make me feel or experience something I cant smell. Pope Pete did his slow drawl to camera with angelic muzak. I don't care about top notes, base notes, and the like, but if it smalls nice, it is a personal thing. I would never buy a "fragrance" without smelling it first. Oh and by the way, limited stock - and check out your.............
BTW, I use Kouros and Quorum, would never have bought either without knowing about them from someone off the TV. Sorry guys, buying fragrances off the tv doesn't do it for me, so until smelly telly is invented, it's Duty free for me when I need more!

Some older ladies out there might fall for the chat ....like me ! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_1:

Not me and I'm ancient :wink:

I was in Lidl this morning and had a quick squirt of Suddenly Madam Glamour Eau De Parfum, £4.99. I didn't buy it but I will next week. I can still smell it now and I've had a shower! Most of them fade very quickly, not this.

It is the image that initially attracts me to a perfume product, maybe an interesting advert, then I try it and if I like it I may consider buying it (if it is on offer of course). I have never bought a perfume without trying it. My mum hates the brand name "Diesel", to her it reminds her of a garage with men in dirty overalls with grease on their hands. she doesn't associate it with quality cologne. The product may be lovely but she can't get over the image. And we usually see it every time we go in Debenhams! And every time she says "oh I hate that name!"

I would never buy a perfume on a presenters description because I probably wouldn't like it and it would be too much of a faff to return in (if I were a cynic I would say they probably bank on that, but I could be wrong).

Not me and I'm ancient :wink:

I was in Lidl this morning and had a quick squirt of Suddenly Madam Glamour Eau De Parfum, £4.99. I didn't buy it but I will next week. I can still smell it now and I've had a shower! Most of them fade very quickly, not this.

L'Occitane are very good for perfumes that last. They are about £40 but boy do they last. I have one called Ambre which is quite intense and you only need the tiniest spray.

The only one of this range that doesn't look very budget is the men's one in the hip flask. The others are presented in cheap-looking packaging, which will inevitably colour the buyer's view of the contents.

Generally, I like to display my perfume products, as the packaging of the boxes and styling of the bottles is part of the sensory experience of owning any perfume for me. This range screams "hide me at the back of the cupboard", in my view.

Even brands which only sell on selly telly have more care and attention given to the packaging than this range appears to have. It says to me that this is a project run on a shoestring with no budget for the luxuries... newsflash - fragrance is a luxury!!!

The only one of this range that doesn't look very budget is the men's one in the hip flask. The others are presented in cheap-looking packaging, which will inevitably colour the buyer's view of the contents.

Generally, I like to display my perfume products, as the packaging of the boxes and styling of the bottles is part of the sensory experience of owning any perfume for me. This range screams "hide me at the back of the cupboard", in my view.

Even brands which only sell on selly telly have more care and attention given to the packaging than this range appears to have. It says to me that this is a project run on a shoestring with no budget for the luxuries... newsflash - fragrance is a luxury!!!

Agreed about the luxury bit. Personally I would rather spend £40 on a decent perfume than two cheaper ones. They may be perfectly OK but I would rather put the money towards something decent. And there are so many brands out there I would not bother with something I cannot smell that I probably would have to send back. And the design of the bottle is really important with perfume, we all know that.

Agreed about the luxury bit. Personally I would rather spend £40 on a decent perfume than two cheaper ones. They may be perfectly OK but I would rather put the money towards something decent. And there are so many brands out there I would not bother with something I cannot smell that I probably would have to send back. And the design of the bottle is really important with perfume, we all know that.

.......apart from Peter Shertlock :mysmilie_17:

His buddy Pervy Pete is on screaming about the products and how we should rush to "buy it!" He's just screamed, and I mean screamed "I've never seen a halogen oven for £40!!!!" The stupid git mustn't remember that they had them on three weeks ago for £40 with free p&p, and Bid come to think of it, honestly the fool is insufferable".........time to change the channel now.

Latest posts

Back