Divine Fragrance        

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Divine Fragrance

I see the pongtastic Peter Sherlock has been on again flogging his exclusive (but suspiciously cheap) smellies. The grand title for tonight’s show was ‘Divine Fragrance’.

It turns out that one possible anagram for this word combination is ‘Vain Face Grinder’. This seems particularly fitting for the Fibulift segment, when the elixir of youth potion is applied to a few insignificant age lines, causing a total transformation in the ability of the recipient to speak honestly about their appearance.

(Hold on, perhaps I shouldn’t be so cynical...I’ve just had a look on Ideal’s website and it turns out that there’s been a scientific study into the efficacy of this product. Called the ‘Consumer Perception Study’ it details the surprisingly positive perceptions of those who have tried this product and were very satisfied with the results. Well, that’s me told.)

Post Thanks / Like

For a so called "perfum expert" he put them in the most ugly looking bottles I've ever seen perfume in, he must know that, especially on the telly, that he has to visually sell it to the customer because they can't smell it, if he wants his perfume to come across as cheap and boring........mission accomplished.
    Likes Muttley , Mommabear , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So who (or what) is the 'Consumer Perception Study'? Sounds like a home-made tick box questionnaire to me, drawn up by...???. If it was a Which? survey or something with clout people might be interested, but surely anyone can give a fancy name to a questionnaire and claim 3 million people have completed it, and all love whatever it is? Honestly, do they take us for idiots (answer seems to be a definite "yes"). Love the 'Vain Face Grinder' - says it all.:giggle:
    Quote Originally Posted by desertranger View Post
    I see the pongtastic Peter Sherlock has been on again flogging his exclusive (but suspiciously cheap) smellies. The grand title for tonight’s show was ‘Divine Fragrance’.

It turns out that one possible anagram for this word combination is ‘Vain Face Grinder’. This seems particularly fitting for the Fibulift segment, when the elixir of youth potion is applied to a few insignificant age lines, causing a total transformation in the ability of the recipient to speak honestly about their appearance.

(Hold on, perhaps I shouldn’t be so cynical...I’ve just had a look on Ideal’s website and it turns out that there’s been a scientific study into the efficacy of this product. Called the ‘Consumer Perception Study’ it details the surprisingly positive perceptions of those who have tried this product and were very satisfied with the results. Well, that’s me told.)
    Thanks Greg thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, shopperholic, how could you be so harsh? Don't you know how long it took to wash out all those ketchup bottles? :mysmilie_17:
    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    For a so called "perfum expert" he put them in the most ugly looking bottles I've ever seen perfume in, he must know that, especially on the telly, that he has to visually sell it to the customer because they can't smell it, if he wants his perfume to come across as cheap and boring........mission accomplished.
    Likes Muttley , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Oh, shopperholic, how could you be so harsh? Don't you know how long it took to wash out all those ketchup bottles? :mysmilie_17:
    That's so true H, that's ten minutes of his life he ain't never getting back. :mysmilie_17:
    Likes Muttley , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did have "THE" show on and felt between the two of them, they reminded me of just how bad, bid used to be. Trying to talk over each other, and the almost orgasmic aahing and oohing, can't make me feel or experience something I cant smell. Pope Pete did his slow drawl to camera with angelic muzak. I don't care about top notes, base notes, and the like, but if it smalls nice, it is a personal thing. I would never buy a "fragrance" without smelling it first. Oh and by the way, limited stock - and check out your.............
    BTW, I use Kouros and Quorum, would never have bought either without knowing about them from someone off the TV. Sorry guys, buying fragrances off the tv doesn't do it for me, so until smelly telly is invented, it's Duty free for me when I need more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    So who (or what) is the 'Consumer Perception Study'? Sounds like a home-made tick box questionnaire to me, drawn up by...???. If it was a Which? survey or something with clout people might be interested, but surely anyone can give a fancy name to a questionnaire and claim 3 million people have completed it, and all love whatever it is? Honestly, do they take us for idiots (answer seems to be a definite "yes"). Love the 'Vain Face Grinder' - says it all.:giggle:
    This 'study' sounds like a made-up load of old rollocks...:devil:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heck, he wasn't doing his buzzwords and jargonese was he? I haven't forgotten when Pete created a perfume for Sally J and presented a bottle of it to her on screen in a love-fest of "wonderful", "fantastic", "so original" and other, similar "technical expressions". All this carp about top and base notes means diddly-squat from the other side of a TV screen, and unless you can smell it, it could smell like a bottle of ammonia for all you know. Do they think that giving it all the "expert jargon" gives legitimacy to something? Yeah, I'm surely going to sport out for a bottle of pong based on the fact that some bod has talked jargon at me (not).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I did have "THE" show on and felt between the two of them, they reminded me of just how bad, bid used to be. Trying to talk over each other, and the almost orgasmic aahing and oohing, can't make me feel or experience something I cant smell. Pope Pete did his slow drawl to camera with angelic muzak. I don't care about top notes, base notes, and the like, but if it smalls nice, it is a personal thing. I would never buy a "fragrance" without smelling it first. Oh and by the way, limited stock - and check out your.............
    BTW, I use Kouros and Quorum, would never have bought either without knowing about them from someone off the TV. Sorry guys, buying fragrances off the tv doesn't do it for me, so until smelly telly is invented, it's Duty free for me when I need more!
    Likes Mommabear , Muttley , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to him, I do think he looks better with the skinhead.
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some older ladies out there might fall for the chat ....like me ! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_1:
    Likes historymystery liked this post