Divine Fragrance - Page 2        

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Some older ladies out there might fall for the chat ....like me ! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_1:
    Not me and I'm ancient

I was in Lidl this morning and had a quick squirt of Suddenly Madam Glamour Eau De Parfum, £4.99. I didn't buy it but I will next week. I can still smell it now and I've had a shower! Most of them fade very quickly, not this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    For a so called "perfum expert" he put them in the most ugly looking bottles I've ever seen perfume in, he must know that, especially on the telly, that he has to visually sell it to the customer because they can't smell it, if he wants his perfume to come across as cheap and boring........mission accomplished.
    It is the image that initially attracts me to a perfume product, maybe an interesting advert, then I try it and if I like it I may consider buying it (if it is on offer of course). I have never bought a perfume without trying it. My mum hates the brand name "Diesel", to her it reminds her of a garage with men in dirty overalls with grease on their hands. she doesn't associate it with quality cologne. The product may be lovely but she can't get over the image. And we usually see it every time we go in Debenhams! And every time she says "oh I hate that name!"

I would never buy a perfume on a presenters description because I probably wouldn't like it and it would be too much of a faff to return in (if I were a cynic I would say they probably bank on that, but I could be wrong).
    Likes historymystery, Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Oh, shopperholic, how could you be so harsh? Don't you know how long it took to wash out all those ketchup bottles? :mysmilie_17:
    I think you will find that they were HP Sauce bottles. He is too classy to use ketchup bottles!
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    Not me and I'm ancient

I was in Lidl this morning and had a quick squirt of Suddenly Madam Glamour Eau De Parfum, £4.99. I didn't buy it but I will next week. I can still smell it now and I've had a shower! Most of them fade very quickly, not this.
    L'Occitane are very good for perfumes that last. They are about £40 but boy do they last. I have one called Ambre which is quite intense and you only need the tiniest spray.
    Thanks Mommabear thanked for this post
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only one of this range that doesn't look very budget is the men's one in the hip flask. The others are presented in cheap-looking packaging, which will inevitably colour the buyer's view of the contents.

Generally, I like to display my perfume products, as the packaging of the boxes and styling of the bottles is part of the sensory experience of owning any perfume for me. This range screams "hide me at the back of the cupboard", in my view.

Even brands which only sell on selly telly have more care and attention given to the packaging than this range appears to have. It says to me that this is a project run on a shoestring with no budget for the luxuries... newsflash - fragrance is a luxury!!!
    Likes Greg , historymystery, Muttley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    The only one of this range that doesn't look very budget is the men's one in the hip flask. The others are presented in cheap-looking packaging, which will inevitably colour the buyer's view of the contents.

Generally, I like to display my perfume products, as the packaging of the boxes and styling of the bottles is part of the sensory experience of owning any perfume for me. This range screams "hide me at the back of the cupboard", in my view.

Even brands which only sell on selly telly have more care and attention given to the packaging than this range appears to have. It says to me that this is a project run on a shoestring with no budget for the luxuries... newsflash - fragrance is a luxury!!!
    Agreed about the luxury bit. Personally I would rather spend £40 on a decent perfume than two cheaper ones. They may be perfectly OK but I would rather put the money towards something decent. And there are so many brands out there I would not bother with something I cannot smell that I probably would have to send back. And the design of the bottle is really important with perfume, we all know that.
    Thanks maymorganlondon thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    Agreed about the luxury bit. Personally I would rather spend £40 on a decent perfume than two cheaper ones. They may be perfectly OK but I would rather put the money towards something decent. And there are so many brands out there I would not bother with something I cannot smell that I probably would have to send back. And the design of the bottle is really important with perfume, we all know that.
    .......apart from Peter Shertlock :mysmilie_17:
    Likes historymystery, S C O, Muttley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    .......apart from Peter Shertlock :mysmilie_17:
    Absolutely. You would think a man who has produced perfumes would have realised that by now:mysmilie_14:
    Likes historymystery, Mommabear , S C O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Muttley, you are right - just pure class all the way!:mysmilie_59::mysmilie_15:
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    I think you will find that they were HP Sauce bottles. He is too classy to use ketchup bottles!
    Likes Muttley , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

His buddy Pervy Pete is on screaming about the products and how we should rush to "buy it!" He's just screamed, and I mean screamed "I've never seen a halogen oven for £40!!!!" The stupid git mustn't remember that they had them on three weeks ago for £40 with free p&p, and Bid come to think of it, honestly the fool is insufferable".........time to change the channel now.