Divine Fragrance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"Not only....not only....not only." oh, so hilarious. Laugh? I thought I'd never start.
Fair enough. I did try and bale out but if people keep quoting my posts then of course I'm going to reply. Like you say there's not much to add anyway. Not only because it's all been said, not only because we've exhausted the subject matter, not only because we're at the busiest point in the thread etc etc etc.

Exactly. If Sherlock was good at what he does, he would be well-established by now, after all these years he says he's had in the business, and would have a proper website, contracts and endorsements, advertising, etc. behind him. He talks the talk, but I looked up a website he quoted some time ago as being part of his 'empire' and there was diddly-squat on it, - looked a real amateurish effort and told you nothing really relevant about any products, personnel, endorsements, - nothing. You can't just announce yourself as being an "expert" in any field without solid credentials to back it up - and if you keep saying (or allowing others to say) that you are an 'expert' you can expect to be challenged on the claim. Nobody who is confident of their track record needs to fear being challenged, only the BS merchants.

No-one is knocking him down. I don't think he would be considered a role model in America either, frankly. Advertising and marketing is only part of the picture. Mr. Sherlock says he is a perfumes expert, so where are his contacts in the industry? Has he not made use of the his network developed over decades of dispensing his expertise?

Exactly. If Sherlock was good at what he does, he would be well-established by now, after all these years he says he's had in the business, and would have a proper website, contracts and endorsements, advertising, etc. behind him. He talks the talk, but I looked up a website he quoted some time ago as being part of his 'empire' and there was diddly-squat on it, - looked a real amateurish effort and told you nothing really relevant about any products, personnel, endorsements, - nothing. You can't just announce yourself as being an "expert" in any field without solid credentials to back it up - and if you keep saying (or allowing others to say) that you are an 'expert' you can expect to be challenged on the claim. Nobody who is confident of their track record needs to fear being challenged, only the BS merchants.

Walter Mitty springs to mind.

Latest posts

Back