Lulu Guinness Sale Preview

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After all I've said in recent months, I am sadly showing far too much interest in a number of these cute things which I definitely do NOT need!

These initial prices seem lower than those they started off at last year. When compared to QVC prices, it's hard not to reach for the credit card as you drool ... or maybe that's just me! I will hold off though, as if any I have half an eye on are reduced to absolutely irresistible prices, I will see it as fate and feel better about buying.

As I was browsing the sale DD let slip a heavy hint that Mr Akimbo may have bought me a bag for xmas. This is a pleasant surprise because I definitely need a new laptop having dropped a minuscule droplet of avoplex oil on the keyboard of my current one; I've been using a plug in keyboard for about 2 months since it happened! He loves a good practical present, a couple of years ago he tried to pass off a set of new tyres on my mini as my 50th birthday present, silly man!

As I was browsing the sale DD let slip a heavy hint that Mr Akimbo may have bought me a bag for xmas. This is a pleasant surprise because I definitely need a new laptop having dropped a minuscule droplet of avoplex oil on the keyboard of my current one; I've been using a plug in keyboard for about 2 months since it happened! He loves a good practical present, a couple of years ago he tried to pass off a set of new tyres on my mini as my 50th birthday present, silly man!

Grounds for divorce, Akimbo! But a bag this Christmas would go some way to making amends. Hope it's one you love. Does he have good taste?

Never having looked at LG sales before can anyone advise if you need to buy now to get stock or is it worth hanging on for further reductions

Thanks

Never having looked at LG sales before can anyone advise if you need to buy now to get stock or is it worth hanging on for further reductions

Thanks

I followed the last Dec/Jan sale, and the summer one, quite closely and a lot of things went down to even lower prices after a couple of weeks. I may have been lucky but the bags I wanted did not sell out so quickly that I missed them, so I am very glad I hung on and save quite a few tens of pounds. It obviously depends how popular the bag you are after is and I guess there's no way of knowing. There are a few other Lulu G fans on here who have probably been studying this for longer than I have so let's see what they say.

Also, see the thread about the summer sale below. Note that it seems to have started around 11 June and we were still discussing items, as prices were further reduced and we got additional sale discount codes, in mid-July.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?49106-Lulu-Guinness-Sales

ooh the red polished leather small paula is right up my street
but not in budget...
but maybe we will be united one fine day, in the future ...

I'm not familiar with LG styles so don't know which to go for. Think I might have to try and see a few Q videos!

The only bag I've seen in RL is the Daphane but I don't even know if it was the large, small, medium.

That's my homework for this weekend then!

quite fancy the large red Jenni - any opinions appreciated.

The Jenni has been around for a few years so must be popular if they keep producing it. I've never owned one or seen one up close but it does seem to be one of the more roomy and practical LG bags. Be sure you like the particular leather on the red one in the sale as I know some were less keen on the crosshatched pattern. For me, a Lulu bag means smooth, patent or quilted leather so I wasn't keen at first either but earlier this year I bought a Ted Baker bag in crosshatched leather and I absolutely love it. Depends what your thing is. There's bound to be someone on here that knows the Jenni well.

quite fancy the large red Jenni - any opinions appreciated.

I have a Jenny and it's a very handy bag, it's not too big for the crook of the arm or to carry like a shopper, and does fit over your shoulder (although if you're a regular carrier of a bag over your shoulder the straps may be a little short as it has quite a wide base so it does make your elbow sit quiet a way away from your body...if that makes sense! So I don't find it comfortable over my arm for longer periods.)

I have a couple of patent Jennys, quite a big bag for me, but I like it and it has worn so well, still looks like new although it has had quite a few outings, I am very tempted with the red Kate bag, but am hoping it is reduced further :mysmilie_59:

I have a couple of patent Jennys, quite a big bag for me, but I like it and it has worn so well, still looks like new although it has had quite a few outings, I am very tempted with the red Kate bag, but am hoping it is reduced further :mysmilie_59:

I'm also holding out for further reductions, it won't be long after Boxing Day that they reduce the prices and add in some more styles.

Decisions, decisions! Still have my eye on that red Jenni (or the black which is about £50 more) but the prices don't seem to have moved since the opening post. Buy or wait? What do you think?

It's a tricky one LATI, there's always further reductions, and then final reductions. But, they've usually started sooner than this before if I remember rightly.

It's risky business hanging on with her sales if there's a bag you really want. Depends how you are at holding your nerve! I've saved a quite a bit more money a few items in her sales by sitting it out til the end! Fraught with danger though!!

If you really really want the bag them you could buy it now and not use it until the sale is over (in case you return it) and then if it drops in price again buy it again at the reduced price and send the higher priced one back under 14 day DSR or the whatever the returns time limit for LG.

Last edited:
Well I'm not in NEED of a bag but I plan on semi retirement later this year so this is probably the last chance I can justify spending big money on a bag!

I have bought expensive bags and rarely use them but I'm tempted by LG in a sale.

I think I'll set a cut off date and if still in stock will buy and then ignore all posts or peeks to see if it went lower and if I miss out well it won't be life changing.

Last year, the sale started around Boxing Day if I'm right. I bought the bag I was after on 13 Jan when it had been further reduced (and I am pretty sure it was the very day it was reduced) so about 18 days after the start of the sale. That's coming up now as this year's sale started a week before Xmas. Can you hold your nerve though?

In the summer 2015 sale, the first reductions were two weeks to the day after the start and a week after that, what few bags remained were reduced a bit further. The thing is, will the bag you like sell out first? Also, it won't necessarily follow the same pattern.

I am embarrassed about my encyclopaedic knowledge of bag sales!

Everyone needs to know a lot about something and the ins and outs of a LG is not necessarily a bad thing :mysmilie_50:

I'll take that, LATI, because I get a lot of pleasure from my Lulu bags. It was this forum that got me into them actually. I've yet to buy one from QVC though because the LG sales are so good.

Latest posts

Back