Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh and note the presenter shut up and let Leigh get on with it.

I think we might have different colours in the TSV version? As I said before I have seen other versions of this palette with warm tones.

I think that the one in the video looks like the pallet in the TSV

CZMEgovWEAAW952.jpg:large

Ah, what a lovely palette. I am really enjoying the palette from the last tsv. A little goes a long way though, hoping I will have made a dent in it by June to justify this one!

I think it's better than waiting for Xmas - at least we know what's coming and we definitely want it, preferably NOW !

I'm glad it's not until June as I'd find it hard to justify buying any sooner as I have the foundation and several big tarte eye pallettes so it's giving me an opportunity to like csap says 'make a dent' in those first. Really glad for the heads up though.

I am such a make up junky. If I live for 100 more years and do a full make up morning and again evening every day I would only need to replace mascara and maybe eventually foundation. I have been doing a clear out and just uncovered a Smashbox set still not opened and i mean I didn't even get to unpacking what it got posted in. I think it arrived on a day I was expecting visitors and I swept it up and hid it away in my mad tidying up flurry.

I am such a make up junky. If I live for 100 more years and do a full make up morning and again evening every day I would only need to replace mascara and maybe eventually foundation. I have been doing a clear out and just uncovered a Smashbox set still not opened and i mean I didn't even get to unpacking what it got posted in. I think it arrived on a day I was expecting visitors and I swept it up and hid it away in my mad tidying up flurry.

Welcome to my world :mysmilie_48:

Tarte TSV

I seem to remember someone posting that the next Tarte TSV will be in June. Does anyone know what will be in it?

Thanks SCW, I see it has the foundation product which they just said on the 5 pm show is good for rosacea. I may well buy this provided the price is good.

The foundation in the TSV photo gives excellent coverage so worth a try. The only down side is that the "Light" shade (Tarte's "Light Sand") tends to be too yellow. I think the "Fair" option is usually "Fair Sand" which is also yellow based and probably not pale enough for genuinely alabaster skins. Tarte offer a much wider range of foundation shades than QVC sells.

Why oh why do QVC do this?
It was ages before they started to sell the Bare Minerals Fair shade & when Laura Geller expanded B&B from just the one medium shade the lightest was Fair for ages before she added Porcelain.

The beauty buyers must think we can't handle more than 6 colour options! But in reality most of us know we're probably somewhere between 2 or 3 shades in most brands and could immediately rule out the other 4 or 14! The idea that it reduces the number of returns is misplaced; I'd either order two shades and return one, often ordered one and returned it being seduced my nonsense about "colour-adapting" and "forgiving" colours. Just once I'd like to see a brand like Tarte offer their whole colour range albeit in limited quantities just to test the market. If Leigh were free to explain (uninterrupted) the whole colour range and how to identify whether one is pink, yellow or neutral I'm sure the palest extremes would sell out quickly. And no doubt there are folk across the whole spectrum of foundation shades who just aren't catered for on QVC; it seems cooler tones are neglected or told to try a yellow foundation! :taphead:QVC must believe it's not worth the risk, when in fact the vendor stands the cost of returns not Q!

I have a Too Faced foundation which I swear is yellow, but according to their own site is pink based. Born This Way in Vanilla, and when I apply its very yellow looking but strangely give it a few seconds and it does seem to blend perfectly into my skin. Its an American thing for in many brands to be ultra yellow based. I think QVC buyers just go with the lightest two shades and middle then dark when ordering from the brands. They don't think about tones etc at all.

Foundation is a thing you really need to get your shades correct or you can look ill when wearing. I know I am suppose to be pink based but many times I suit the warm tone better in certain brands. As I said all very personal which tones and shades which are right for you. I like Charlotte Tilbury in this case, no store near you order from her site, she includes two extra foundation samples. You try these before opening the full size, that way you can return free and get the correct shade.

Latest posts

Back