Chef william

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Abdou66

Registered Shopper
I'm getting a bit concerned about the restaurants that chef William visits. He just made a wrap with some spiralized carrot and claimed "if j got served that in a restaurant I'd bite their hand off". Then he burnt the life out of some salmon and grated a ton of Parmesan over it. He said he'd pay £15 for that no problem.

...and now he said I'll drizzle some pesto round the side. I know it's a bit cheffy but presentation counts. image.jpg

Presentation is important and 'Chef' William clearly understands this.

Note the imaginative use of Parsley as an attractive addition to Frozen Garlic Mushrooms and Onion Rings:-

image.jpg

But by adding a creative swirl of Salad Cream I think you'll agree that 'Chef' William yet again proves the old adage that we do indeed eat with our eyes:-

image.jpg

Personally I'd rather eat my eyes :mysmilie_59:

Oh Jesus. Looks ****** awful. Chef Wayne...come back! All is forgiven!

I’m surprised 'Chef' William hasn’t followed Paul Brodel by producing his own ‘basics with a twist’ cookery book.

Such a culinary maverick is sure to have many ideas for never seen before food combinations...sad-food-white-bread-tuna-001.jpg

(Caveat: The tuna and cheese combo is just a suggestion and is in a pre-Kennelly state i.e. it has yet to be professionally toasted and garnished with marmalade and Twiglets. I'd be happy pay at least £20 for such a snack in a restaurant.)

I’m surprised 'Chef' William hasn’t followed Paul Brodel by producing his own ‘basics with a twist’ cookery book.

Such a culinary maverick is sure to have many ideas for never seen before food combinations...View attachment 11225

(Caveat: The tuna and cheese combo is just a suggestion and is in a pre-Kennelly state i.e. it has yet to be professionally toasted and garnished with marmalade and Twiglets. I'd be happy pay at least £20 for such a snack in a restaurant.)

:mysmilie_19:

'Chef' William's flavour combinations could be described as experimental, maybe even groundbreaking.

Those Pies could break pavements :mysmilie_59:

Didn't they used to only do the recipes that were included in one of the Paul Brodel cookery books

Recipes like:-

Open Your Freezer Door
Select A Bag of Sainsbury's/Tesco/Morrisons/Asda/Waitrose Frozen Anything
Carefully Follow The Instructions

But whatever you do DON'T use your Main Oven. They are expensive, slow and downright evil (despite all the 'Chefs' using them when they aren't shilling a shitty cooker) :mysmilie_59:

What I really don't get is, Why do people say the word "Chef" at the end of a sentence? It does my head in, it really does. Yes Chef, no Chef - Oh by the way CHEF, are you a real Chef, eh, eh, eh?
Don't get me started, I'll need another lay down.

What I really don't get is, Why do people say the word "Chef" at the end of a sentence? It does my head in, it really does. Yes Chef, no Chef - Oh by the way CHEF, are you a real Chef, eh, eh, eh?
Don't get me started, I'll need another lay down.

It's even more inexplicable when used with the words 'Joe' or 'William'.

It's as inexplicable as using the word 'civilised' and 'Mike Mason' :mysmilie_59:

They should bring back that Bamix guy (can't remember his name possibly Mike). He used to do the yorkshire puddings and make a fuss about their rise. Turned milk into 'fresh cream'. But does William have a restaurant or does he work in a hospital canteen?

Last edited:
They should bring back that Bamix guy (can't remember his name possibly Mike). He used to do the yorkshire puddings and make a fuss about their rise. Turned milk into 'fresh cream'. But does William have a restaurant or does he work in a hospital canteen?

Given the way he seems to swerve any stupid questions from the Duty Goon about his 'background' I strongly suspect, much like 'Chef' Joe, that he's about as familiar with a Professional Kitchen as Dirty Peter is familiar with really having a Female Partner called 'Bet' :mysmilie_59:

To his credit, 'Chef' William, for many many of his first appearances on Ideal, used to point out he wasn't a trained Chef, but seemingly ignored by everyone, so now he either let's it ride, or has been told to let it ride :)
Not that I'm being cynical that Ideal would keep calling him 'Chef' knowing he isn't for sales or anything......

To his credit, 'Chef' William, for many many of his first appearances on Ideal, used to point out he wasn't a trained Chef, but seemingly ignored by everyone, so now he either let's it ride, or has been told to let it ride :)
Not that I'm being cynical that Ideal would keep calling him 'Chef' knowing he isn't for sales or anything......

I think you're very probably right.

But for whatever mickey taking takes place about 'Chef' William I think he's pretty much unique among the Ideal World 'talent' in the sense that everyone on here seems to like him.

I think he's delightful, I don't fancy his Egg Fried Rice with Coriander though :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back