Christmas Beauty Advent Calenders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well its that time again when they come out. I have been stalking the M&S one as last years was fab but this years is £35 plus £35 spend errrr so £70.
I would love the liberty one but very expensive
Here is a good guide I have found http://theldndiaries.com/the-best-advent-calendars-for-2016/

What are you all going for?

I pre-ordered the Look Fantastic one in the end, as I thought £300+ of product for £70 sounded good, but I've got my reservations, as their beauty boxes have become increasingly underwhelming of late. I'd like the Liberty / Charlotte Tilbury ones really, but so much money.. Is ordering one I don't really want a false economy, though?! The L'Occitane one looked nice in store, as did the Molton Brown, but I have enough L'Occitane to open a shop, and - if I was going to spend £150 on an advent calendar - the Molton Brown one wouldn't be my first choice. I even really like the design of the Liberty one - a nice traditional, festive feel, and the little drawers are cute. Perhaps I could cancel the Look Fantastic pre-order. It's been available for weeks and still hasn't sold out, I'm wondering whether they should have released a bit more info about some of the contents, as it's a complete shot in the dark. Agree the M&S one looks good value, and I, too, have been stalking it! Decisions, decisions! :mysmilie_13:

M&S for me. I liked he one last year. Need a few things from Marks but holding off to place my order when the calander is on sale. It goes very quickly tho. Just watch the video link and wow impressed.

The girl Paula who does the blog not my cup of tea.....

Last edited:
Look fantastic advent calendar content ....

|

Look Fantastic Advent Calendar 2016 Contents –

Pixi Glow Tonic 15ml
Moroccanoil Treatment 15ml
Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask 50ml
Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Magic Touch Body Cream 70ml
This Works Sleep Plus Pillow Spray 5ml
Codage Paris Micro-Peeling Mask 15ml
Redken One United Multi-Benefit Treatment 30ml
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream 7ml
FOREO Luna Play
FOREO Day Cleanser 15ml
Molton Brown Pink Perpperpod Body Wash 100ml
Wella OR Oil Reflections Shampoo 50ml
Ojon Damage Reverse Hair Serum 15ml
Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser 30ml
REN Revitalising Night Cream 15ml
Ole Henriksen Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths (pack of 10)
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 13g
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse 10ml
Look Good Feel Better Eye Shading Brush
Bella Pierre Gel Eyeliner Ebony 1.5g
Nudestix Lip & Cheek Pencil and sharpener (full size)
Pur Minerals Impact + Mascara 3.4g
Illamasqua Eye Shadow Palette – Look Fantastic exclusive (full size)
Ardell Wispies lashes
Monuskin BB Cream Illuminating Primer spf15 25ml
Inika Loose Mineral Blush 3g

http://www.reallyree.com/2016/09/rituals-advent-calendar-2016.html

Click on the left hand to check the contents of each calendar

Thanks so much, that has really helped make my mind up. Had a quick scan through, looks really good. Won't look again now, so have some surprises! :happy:

Was interested in rituals one but seem to be sold out online .No idea if any stores have it .

Omg the Liberty one is out today it looks so pretty.

It really does, they've done a fantastic job with it, right down to the gold paper curls in the drawers with the presents. I used to work in Regent Street opposite Liberty, and loved looking around their beauty department. Would have loved it, and I'm not above ridiculous extravagances, but just didn't feel I could justify it. Just need it to sell out now, before I change my mind! :wink: My family thought I was mad to spend £70, would have been keeping that bad boy firmly under my hat!

It really does, they've done a fantastic job with it, right down to the gold paper curls in the drawers with the presents. I used to work in Regent Street opposite Liberty, and loved looking around their beauty department. Would have loved it, and I'm not above ridiculous extravagances, but just didn't feel I could justify it. Just need it to sell out now, before I change my mind! :wink: My family thought I was mad to spend £70, would have been keeping that bad boy firmly under my hat!

OH has bought it for me I am just waiting for it to come X

OH has bought it for me I am just waiting for it to come X

Oh wow, how exciting! :clapping: My Look Fantastic one came today, it's a beast! I can't even lift it (although am a weed, it has to be said! :muscle:) Looks very pretty, can't wait for advent to begin now! :happy:x

I got the M&S one, best thing is my parents bought a few bits which came to over £35 so I just passed them an advent and said, here's the money for it so I got it for £35

I got the M&S one, best thing is my parents bought a few bits which came to over £35 so I just passed them an advent and said, here's the money for it so I got it for £35��

That's really handy that you were able to get it without having to spend an additional £35, hope you enjoy it. :happy: Was looking at them in M&S in Bluewater today. They did look lovely, and was very tempted, but I already have my Look Fantastic calendar, so managed to resist! I do wonder if they've over catered in store, as there were so many of them everywhere. They even had a dedicated staff member exclusively trying to sell the advent calendars. I wonder whether people have been put off by having to spend £35 to have to buy it, as I don't think you can fault the value or contents of the calendar. Another issue could be that there's so much more competition this year, with loads more brands than last year doing beauty advent calendars, and M&S released theirs quite late. They should put some more online if they're struggling to shift them. Wonder if they'll reduce them or change the minimum spend if they can't get rid of them in the next week?

I got mine from M&S when I bought some new trousers. The trousers didn't fi so took them back. No spend for me and still got my calander for £35! Naughty or what.

I had the M&S one last year. I loved it. Will not buy it this year as I still have way too much stuff in my stash and I am away most of December. The brands in it were fantastic all quality goods. Just talking about it makes me want to buy it.

I got mine from M&S when I bought some new trousers. The trousers didn't fi so took them back. No spend for me and still got my calander for £35! Naughty or what.

Funny you should say that, that had crossed my mind as a little plan and I wipondered if it would work. Nice one

Have you seen what the Liberty ones are going for on eBay? Someone has taken out all the products and is selling the empty calendar " ready to fill with personalise with your own gifts" ��

Have you seen what the Liberty ones are going for on eBay? Someone has taken out all the products and is selling the empty calendar " ready to fill with personalise with your own gifts" ��[/QUOTE

Flippin eck I could flog mine :thinking: No I am keeping it but seriously some people buy things to cash in. The Diptique and Jo Malone ones are also being sold on for £££££££

Latest posts

Back