Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A woman having a major rant, actually it is very hard to make out due to spelling, she must be very angry. She is demanding £10 compensation because CS rude and hung up on her. Seems they sent her emails back in September and saying she did not reply she says she did. So CS when she phoned said she needs to talk to the finance department. Now that makes me think she owes the money? A supervisor rang and insisted she had hung up on them.

So she then tried to order using a prepaid Mastercard and not able to. So then ranted that it does not say anywhere you cannot use a prepaid card. Now it seems she has had her account closed down.

I am thinking whatever went on back in September they actually blocked her from ordering then. She only discovered when she tried to do an order using a prepaid card instead of her normal card. Then got on the phone and told no you need to speak to the finance department.

A woman having a major rant, actually it is very hard to make out due to spelling, she must be very angry. She is demanding £10 compensation because CS rude and hung up on her. Seems they sent her emails back in September and saying she did not reply she says she did. So CS when she phoned said she needs to talk to the finance department. Now that makes me think she owes the money? A supervisor rang and insisted she had hung up on them.

So she then tried to order using a prepaid Mastercard and not able to. So then ranted that it does not say anywhere you cannot use a prepaid card. Now it seems she has had her account closed down.

I am thinking whatever went on back in September they actually blocked her from ordering then. She only discovered when she tried to do an order using a prepaid card instead of her normal card. Then got on the phone and told no you need to speak to the finance department.

It baffles me that people get so angry with QVC for whatever reason and then they want to keep on buying. Way to punish a retailer - keep giving them money! To really punish them, if necessary, fight to have your sale accepted, offer alternative methods of payment and spend hours of your time looking for ways to force them to make more profit.

In the Daily Mirror today there is an interview with Qvc model Kathy Hill.
She talks about being in George Michael's Last Christmas video 35 years ago.

Where has the time gone

I never thought the dark haired girl in the video was the blonde who appears in all those tv ads for fashion catalogues etc, she's as lovely now as she was in 1984. It's my favourite Christmas song, T thought the world of George & went to see Last Christmas film on Friday just for his music & loved it. I know it's been panned by the critics but it was pretty, poignant & made me think.

A few months ago there was a woman who also had a major rant about about easy pay & after several rambling posts she mentioned having a ccj, I wonder if it's the same disgruntled customer. Pre-payment cards are shown as an accepted way to pay on their website so either the person who spoke to her wasn't aware or she's a liar. People like her should chant a mantra along the lines of "There is more to life than QVC".

I like prepaid cards and now use them for holidays. I know they aren’t good value but I worry about a lost/stolen card where they could run up tens of thousands whereas the maximum they can take is whatever “cash” is actually left on the card.

I hardly ever look at QVC FB page but just glanced to see if anyone’s having a rant about missing out on the £10 off code (even though nobody was supposed to have been able to use it on non-food/homeware, someone's still bound to demand a £10 credit or something for missing out!). While on there, I saw a post from someone who has had an early introduction to the ways of QVC:

“My first QVC purchase is a great disappointment. The item is not as advertised-the purse is silver and not black. It appears to have been used, has glue on the front, a number of grubby fingerprints on the back and appears to have been shoved into the presentation box without any care. I did not expect such a poor level of service from such a well regarded company. I would like to know why I have not received the item as described, and would appreciate a response to my comments. Update: I sent this email to Customer Services on 8/12/19 and have not received a response! The definition of adding insult to injury.”

Used item, damage, wrong colour, no reply from CS. Familiar to anyone here? At least they found out early before they spent any more.

Oh, and someone hasn’t received the meat hamper ordered in Oct, due last week. So here we go again.

:hungry:

What? What? What have I missed?

Sorry it’s not very clear but it was the best cut and paste I could do.
Debbie Flint remember this? Xxx QVC ��
This content isn't available at the moment
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted.
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted.
2 comments
1 share
Comments
Debbie Flint
Debbie Flint Very well!! Xx
1d
Mary Smith
Mary Smith Is this for a QVC clique where others aren’t allowed to know?

The meat hamper was this person's first purchase from the Q. I can understand if she'd bought from a well known brand but buying food from a company that was introduced as new to the channel seems a leap in the dark to me.

I hardly ever look at QVC FB page but just glanced to see if anyone’s having a rant about missing out on the £10 off code (even though nobody was supposed to have been able to use it on non-food/homeware, someone's still bound to demand a £10 credit or something for missing out!). While on there, I saw a post from someone who has had an early introduction to the ways of QVC:

“My first QVC purchase is a great disappointment. The item is not as advertised-the purse is silver and not black. It appears to have been used, has glue on the front, a number of grubby fingerprints on the back and appears to have been shoved into the presentation box without any care. I did not expect such a poor level of service from such a well regarded company. I would like to know why I have not received the item as described, and would appreciate a response to my comments. Update: I sent this email to Customer Services on 8/12/19 and have not received a response! The definition of adding insult to injury.”

Used item, damage, wrong colour, no reply from CS. Familiar to anyone here? At least they found out early before they spent any more.

Oh, and someone hasn’t received the meat hamper ordered in Oct, due last week. So here we go again.

:hungry:

Same ****, different year. Makes a change from Brexit I suppose!

Sorry it’s not very clear but it was the best cut and paste I could do.
Debbie Flint remember this? Xxx QVC ��
This content isn't available at the moment
2 comments
1 share
Comments
Debbie Flint
Debbie Flint Very well!! Xx
1d
Mary Smith
Mary Smith Is this for a QVC clique where others aren’t allowed to know?

Clique...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just after mentioning this on another thread.

But recently well the last few months I have noticed quite a number of complaints about people ordering when the items are showing live on-air and or early in the day's presentation and it shows in stock. But next thing they are awaiting stock.

Now, who remembers when they used to say live on-air the broadcasting rules said they could not show a product if they did not have it in the warehouse ready to sent?

I like prepaid cards and now use them for holidays. I know they aren’t good value but I worry about a lost/stolen card where they could run up tens of thousands whereas the maximum they can take is whatever “cash” is actually left on the card.

You can set limits on certain cards that can be changed by app. My niece's OH realised last week that he'd left his card at the bar when he was on his work night out. Being a youngster, even though he'd obviously had a few, he put a temporary block on his card, lowered the limit just in case and rang my niece to inform the card company.

Turns out all was well as the bartender was a nice girl who picked it up and returned it after seeing ID (but she's remembered him anyway, though that wasn't a guarantee it was his). Apparently staff at the bar had been given extra training in time for Christmas to watch out for cards being left, picked up by people watching for less than sober people forgetting them and other stuff like calling the numbers on the back of cards to inform the companies of left cards.

Have a look into the cards that offer this kind if thing for your next holiday, LATI. If the worst ever happens, you won't lose a penny. It would be my luck to lose a £100 card after only having spent a tenner on it!

On a completely different note, would someone here on Twitter or FB please do me a favour and ask Sky WHY they have Darts on Sky One at prime time tonight? If they're going to start putting sport on entertainment channels why am I paying for the sports channels in the first place?!

The meat hamper was this person's first purchase from the Q. I can understand if she'd bought from a well known brand but buying food from a company that was introduced as new to the channel seems a leap in the dark to me.

I just don't understand this 'meat hamper' thing. Just get it from the butcher or supermarket. Less food miles & one can check for 'Red Tractor' label. What is with this F****wittery?

I just don't understand this 'meat hamper' thing. Just get it from the butcher or supermarket. Less food miles & one can check for 'Red Tractor' label. What is with this F****wittery?

Yep, our local butcher is doing a nice xmas deal , we go there every year for our xmas meat , all locally sourced

Latest posts

Back