Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When she had a Welsh boyfriend she loved everything Welsh. Now it is Scotland. Fake and predictable but some people get taken in by it all. Some presenters know they are playing with gullible people but they do it just the same just to feed their egos. Shameful.

I am never really sure if she is manipulative or just thick.

She was giggling her fake laugh today when reading out Christmas jokes, a number of them were 'non-vegan' but she carried on acting as though they were the most humorous lines she'd ever read.

What I can’t get my head around is the love and adoration Chuntley seems to attract, just shows how far a big pair of knockers and a laugh like Kenneth Williams can get you.

CH is constantly harping on about being a vegan and living the vegan lifestyle, but thinks nothing of having human hair extensions! Her hair has probably come from a temple in India where women and young girls, some as young as 5, shave their heads in a last bid hope to be saved. Don't even get me started on the nail varnish not being vegan friendly. Practice what you preach.
:mysmilie_11:

Preach - that’s what gets me.

Why is it all so called “minority “ groups have to announce their particular orientation at the start of everything they say or do?

The very last thing I would think of is saying “I’m straight/meat eating/white/childless etc” so why do we have to listen to their crap about their lifestyle.

Vegan ie plastic shoes and bags aren’t exactly environmentally friendly so get off your high horse madam.

Rant over!

Preach - that’s what gets me.

Why is it all so called “minority “ groups have to announce their particular orientation at the start of everything they say or do?

The very last thing I would think of is saying “I’m straight/meat eating/white/childless etc” so why do we have to listen to their crap about their lifestyle.

Vegan ie plastic shoes and bags aren’t exactly environmentally friendly so get off your high horse madam.

Rant over!

I agree Lati, Chuntley finds the need to put “I’m a vegan” in front of absolutely everything.....

To the hairdresser.......I’m a vegan could you make the colour darker please”
To the grocer.......”I’m a vegan can you just lob us two pound of King Eddies in my net bag”
To the pictures when buying a ticket.....”I’m a vegan can I have two tickets for the back row”

Saying “I’m a vegan” in front of every sentence suits absolutely no purpose except when it’s “honest Jamie, I am still a vegan, you know I have no real love for animals because I really do love Gatineau and Benefit and only really became a vegan to lose weight and for you dear, just so we have something in common” But that’s the truth though so that’s a sentence you’ll never hear Chuntley say.

'Hi ladies I was watching one of the old antiques Road trips today and I thought I saw Rosa from Yankee candles in one of the antique centres they went to did anybody else watch it'
I've no idea why this person needs to know the answer but just got to love her for posting something so random :thinking:

I am Donna and I am a short person.:laught:

So complaints about the Beauty Channel very widescreen. It started for me when flicking around on Sunday or Saturday, no other channels affected.:bananalama:

Oh, and a total drama over people getting the message We cannot deliver to this address for the Tarte TSV and other things.

My friend was a vegetarian but is now vegan but she never mentions it, unlike that certain presenter. The only time it might be relevant to mention it is if you’ve been invited to someone’s house for a meal, not in the middle of a presentation which has nothing to do with food.

After all, how many of us waste time telling people that we eat everything? Maybe announcing it to the world and his wife would liven things up while waiting in a queue .... but that’s highly unlikely.

I remember not long ago watching Room 101 and someone wanted the guest who insists on telling you they are vegetarian or vegan when invited to your home for a meal to be put in 101. They were too much trouble making different food for.

I think if you are planning to cook for someone, or take them out for a meal, as a host it's an extremely good idea to first check for dietary needs. As a guest, if I was invited somewhere, I would provide the information off my own bat if I was not asked.

The result if you don't could be a ruined evening, and if allergies are involved an unpleasant or life-threatening one.

But I would say that for some vegans you can't just say it stops when you aren't going to be eating. It depends whether the person is a "whole life" vegan or a dietary vegan. But I cannot fathom why it's relevant for us as viewers to know someone is vegan.

It might be relevant for it to be brought up with an employer if there would be moral or ethical reasons why something could be problematic for you to do if asked by your employer. That could be presenting hours with non-vegan friendly brands, or sampling non-vegan foods, or wearing non-vegan clothes or shoes...

I've noticed that Charlie - who doesn't drink - won't eat or drink anything made with alcohol, even if it's no longer got any alcohol content. I think Jill Franks is the same. Both do actually state that they don't drink as a prelude to declining to sample. I think that's sensible in the context of presenting a food and drink show - they are making sure that there is no implication that the proffered food/drink item is horrible.

But you don't need to announce these things every time you draw breath... unless you want to be accurately labelled an utter bore on the topic.

Just my point of view.

Latest posts

Back