Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve noticed AY has dropped the incessant “African Caribbean” for the equally as incessant “dual nationality” so that’s something else she’s picked up on that must be a politically correct term, don’t know how she has though because she has people going her social media for her, she doesnÂ’t know how to use a computer (her words) what a lazy diva...........”for you”. :RpS_biggrin:

I wouldn’t have thought dual nationality meant a specific skin tone!

I’ve seen a few posts complaining about AY and her telling a BA off for being gender specific

Not to limit sales I bet

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy 3, 4, even 5 shades of foundation and mix them for your own personal shade.

Bingo - a multi-selling opportunity !£££££££££

How about following what appears to be Debbie Flints very own styling, by buying a foundation for a deep golden skin tone.
Follow your make up purchase with a purchase of some matching golden fake tan, then go on to apply it to your neck and chest only.

I’ve noticed AY has dropped the incessant “African Caribbean” for the equally as incessant “dual heritage” so that’s something else she’s picked up on that must be a politically correct term, don’t know how she has though because she has people going her social media for her, she doesn’t know how to use a computer (her words) what a lazy diva...........”for you”. :RpS_biggrin:

I wouldn’t have thought dual nationality meant a specific skin tone!

Sorry Liam I’ve changed it, meant to put dual “heritage” :RpS_biggrin:

I was watching something about Brexit and channel hopping on to QVC were she said it a few times while waiting for a film to download.........ooops. :RpS_blushing:

Dual heritage is right though :RpS_thumbsup:

I’ve noticed AY has dropped the incessant “African Caribbean” for the equally as incessant “dual nationality” so that’s something else she’s picked up on that must be a politically correct term, don’t know how she has though because she has people going her social media for her, she doesn’t know how to use a computer (her words) what a lazy diva...........”for you”. :RpS_biggrin:

Dual nationality :RpS_confused:. I heard he saying that and wondered what the hell she's on about now. Is she targeting products to people holding more than one passport these days? Is this a new category for the QVC beauty awards?

I'm assuming dual heritage but you never know with her. Hope she gets her act together before the PC crowd turn up with pitchforks!

Dual nationality :RpS_confused:. I heard he saying that and wondered what the hell she's on about now. Is she targeting products to people holding more than one passport these days? Is this a new category for the QVC beauty awards?

I'm assuming dual heritage but you never know with her. Hope she gets her act together before the PC crowd turn up with pitchforks!

She’s trying too hard to be all things to all people, she’s coming off as ridiculous and a bit of a joke now. She must’ve heard someone in the beauty industry say it so she’s decided to run with it.

I'll never understand why anyone would tell the world that they can't work to a budget -
'So annoyed! I ordered the L’Occitane OTO yesterday on advanced orders WC Feb. 17, thinking great, I’ll be be paid by then, only to see that it is in process TODAY, messing up my budgeting big time. Please don’t trick us like this.'
However, I like reading the responses when they do -
'It's not a "trick". What happens is that people put the item in their baskets so it shows as sold out. Then they change their minds and don't complete the sales, so some of the "sold out" items become available again. Q then sends them to people on the Advanced Order list. Doesn't help if your budget can't cope immediately, but it's not a "trick", just other customers changing their minds about buying the item'.

She’s trying too hard to be all things to all people, she’s coming off as ridiculous and a bit of a joke now. She must’ve heard someone in the beauty industry say it so she’s decided to run with it.

AY in a nutshell, Shopps :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand why anyone would tell the world that they can't work to a budget -
'So annoyed! I ordered the L’Occitane OTO yesterday on advanced orders WC Feb. 17, thinking great, I’ll be be paid by then, only to see that it is in process TODAY, messing up my budgeting big time. Please don’t trick us like this.'
However, I like reading the responses when they do -
'It's not a "trick". What happens is that people put the item in their baskets so it shows as sold out. Then they change their minds and don't complete the sales, so some of the "sold out" items become available again. Q then sends them to people on the Advanced Order list. Doesn't help if your budget can't cope immediately, but it's not a "trick", just other customers changing their minds about buying the item'.

Why do presenters state that advanced(!) orders will be sent out on such and such a date, when it is so rarely true? That said, I do not understand the need to buy an item and rely on it being sent out at a later date...if you don't have the money, why risk getting overdrawn? Especially with the new horrifically high rates of interest due to come in very soon!.

Why do presenters state that advanced(!) orders will be sent out on such and such a date, when it is so rarely true? That said, I do not understand the need to buy an item and rely on it being sent out at a later date...if you don't have the money, why risk getting overdrawn? Especially with the new horrifically high rates of interest due to come in very soon!.

I appreciate not everyone will agree with my views, we all budgetand spend in different ways. Personally if I were so short of money that my budget would be blown "big time" I would not be spending my last few quid on premium beauty brands. I like/need to have a "cushion" of money just in case of an emergency or an unexpected expense.

I didn’t fully understand + if she had been quick enough to have ordered before it went on advance orders she would have paid even sooner, or was it a case of only wanting it once it was no longer available?

I didn’t fully understand + if she had been quick enough to have ordered before it went on advance orders she would have paid even sooner, or was it a case of only wanting it once it was no longer available?

Reading her post I got the idea she did not have the money and was glad she could order and not get shipped until early Feb as she would have the money.

The presenters especially JR is always saying if you don't check out in 30 minutes it will drop out of your basket. Looking as TSVs the next morning even though they said it sold out its shows as in-stock So I think quite a few puts in their basket change their minds and just let it drop out, that means if you are on advanced order you get allocated it straight away. I remember it being said stock might come in earlier as some used to complain about stuff coming before the date stated on air.

I never use advanced as if you do not have the money any guarantee it won't back-in-stock earlier. The only items I can remember taking longer jewellery.

If I can't afford it, I have to wait for it. By the time I can afford it, quite a lot of the time I no longer want it.

If I see something on QVC that I quite like, I will look elsewhere and can usually source it more cheaply and often with next day delivery and free P&P. If I can’t get it elsewhere I buy it from QVC, but go through TCB to save a few extra pennies.

I have never bought anything on EP for the simple reason that I prefer to pay in one go (because I’ll eventually get it all back if I do return it) but mainly because it’s because if I can’t afford to pay for it in one go then I shouldn’t be buying it and don’t really need it.

I suppose I’m like this because my parents never bought anything on HP, or similar, and so I’ve followed suit. Even having a mortgage irked me, because I hate owing money and to me EP means I owe QVC money, but thankfully I had no mortgage on the house I’m in now.

Before the Charlie Bears presentation last night a few people put photos of their bear on the fb page. One woman went several steps further by posting a photo of her daughter, giving her name, the name of her bear & saying that they live in Cornwall. It wouldn't take much to find out a lot more about her family, especially this little girl, something I find really worrying.

It is very worrying. Debbie Flint has, I hope, finally got the message and stopped going on about which day she runs the village shop. As for her address, there is nothing she can do about that. She has gone completely public with that! Very poor judgement from someone who thinks she is so smart. She also posts in advance when she is away on holiday, at least some of the others go on about it when they return. Why would anyone let viewers, Twitter and Facebook followers that they will be away? Ms Flint also makes frequent comments (digs) about her grandchildren not being allowed to have their photos on social media. Thank goodness her children have had the good sense to say no. AK has no hesitation posting photos of Honey. Why do that?

Latest posts

Back