Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Presenters, “Just give our award winning customer service department a call based in Knowsley” :mysmilie_11:

Think I caught DF say the other day something along the lines of they are based in the UK so will be able to understand you or was it you’ll be able to understand them :mysmilie_505:

Presenters, “Just give our award winning customer service department a call based in Knowsley” :mysmilie_11:

Think I caught DF say the other day something along the lines of they are based in the UK so will be able to understand you or was it you’ll be able to understand them :mysmilie_505:

Good grief, her mouth runs away with her & one day she'll be in real trouble.

Just from the reported comments on here, I get the impression that the Facebook posts seem to come from those who are naive, lazy, stupid or slavishly devoted to QVC.

I never return those stupid letters from QVC when you report potentially lost or undelivered goods. Q are already getting plenty of my money in the P&P, and even though it's the cost of a postage stamp to return the letter, I really resent it. Why they can't send it out by email (let's face it, they have the blummin email) and allow it to be returned by email for free, I don't know... it's not as if us purchasing a postage stamp would benefit them at all!

As far as I am aware, I've never had any issue with Q questioning the veracity of my complaints about non-delivery... probably because they get enough complaints about the various delivery services they contract for to know it's entirely possible.

I've always found the CS staff absolutely fine. I think it helps that I am always polite and calm with them... although I'm sometimes very persistent. I can imagine if you have uncle tom cobley and all ranting at you, eventually your professionalism may head for the hills after a long day. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, as the saying goes!

I think it can often come down to the fact that Brits are, in general, very bad at complaining. We often wait until we are completely infuriated before we will actually complain, and then we let rip. I think we need to have some masterclass complaining training to get further with CS departments everywhere.

There are so many lovely and unique alternatives to most Q jewellery, and often at much better prices... I only buy it as gifts, so am an occasional buyer, but I've had great service using Etsy (with goods coming from a considerable difference overseas arriving much faster than Q's standard efforts), and really lovely quirky gifts suitable for the wearer's interests. Who cares if Lola Rose is a well-known "prestige" brand? Most recipients aren't going to be wowed by that, really. Better to show the recipient that you are interested in their lives and get them pieces to reflect that.

Just from the reported comments on here, I get the impression that the Facebook posts seem to come from those who are naive, lazy, stupid or slavishly devoted to QVC.

I never return those stupid letters from QVC when you report potentially lost or undelivered goods. Q are already getting plenty of my money in the P&P, and even though it's the cost of a postage stamp to return the letter, I really resent it. Why they can't send it out by email (let's face it, they have the blummin email) and allow it to be returned by email for free, I don't know... it's not as if us purchasing a postage stamp would benefit them at all!

As far as I am aware, I've never had any issue with Q questioning the veracity of my complaints about non-delivery... probably because they get enough complaints about the various delivery services they contract for to know it's entirely possible.

I've always found the CS staff absolutely fine. I think it helps that I am always polite and calm with them... although I'm sometimes very persistent. I can imagine if you have uncle tom cobley and all ranting at you, eventually your professionalism may head for the hills after a long day. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, as the saying goes!

I think it can often come down to the fact that Brits are, in general, very bad at complaining. We often wait until we are completely infuriated before we will actually complain, and then we let rip. I think we need to have some masterclass complaining training to get further with CS departments everywhere.

There are so many lovely and unique alternatives to most Q jewellery, and often at much better prices... I only buy it as gifts, so am an occasional buyer, but I've had great service using Etsy (with goods coming from a considerable difference overseas arriving much faster than Q's standard efforts), and really lovely quirky gifts suitable for the wearer's interests. Who cares if Lola Rose is a well-known "prestige" brand? Most recipients aren't going to be wowed by that, really. Better to show the recipient that you are interested in their lives and get them pieces to reflect that.

As always you have said it all!

A woman is complaining at the amount of time promoting the upcoming Elemis TSV. She says it is unfair to the other brands. It was pointed out that the brands pay to get their TSVs/items promoted more on QVC. The Elemis TSV seems has already sold 11,000 units.

Her reply:

I think it's unfair!. And a company like QVC which I've shopped from for 20 years needs to review their standards!

Sorry but:mysmilie_19:

QVC is there to make money by selling stuff!

A woman is complaining at the amount of time promoting the upcoming Elemis TSV. She says it is unfair to the other brands. It was pointed out that the brands pay to get their TSVs/items promoted more on QVC. The Elemis TSV seems has already sold 11,000 units.

Her reply:

I think it's unfair!. And a company like QVC which I've shopped from for 20 years needs to review their standards!

This woman must walk around her local supermarket totally unaware why certain stuff is right in her face and why other stuff is tucked away. :mysmilie_17:

'Just love qvc couldn’t live without it xxx' posted one deluded soul. The responses were as expected & she agreed with one that she could '...but don't want to he he x'. Good grief.

How many more of the posters are going to ask when Christmas in July is being aired? They're clearly not members of MENSA!

'Just love qvc couldn’t live without it xxx' posted one deluded soul. The responses were as expected & she agreed with one that she could '...but don't want to he he x'. Good grief.

That’s sad that, she must think if she creeps hard enough she’ll get one of those freebies that QVC love to give away to bloggers. :mysmilie_17:

'Hi Karen, we just wanted to pop on and clarify this for you. We always want to work with customers to reduce their return rates so that you can keep shopping with us. We start with a phone call to talk through why items have been returned over the last 12 months and follow this up with a letter. Because our Customer Care Reps are always there to offer advice on a product, we send another letter after 60 days if a lot of items are still being returned. We continue contacting you by letter every 60 days if you are still returning a lot of items - in fact it takes a total of 240 days before we close a customer's account. So please be assured it's not an instant decision, and not one we take lightly - it does take a very long time before we reluctantly close an account. Rebecca x'
So now we know & Karen does too.

So, another whine about how much airtime is being given to Elemis and their TSV. It has been pointed out it is up to each company how much they pay for the airtime one QVC. The poster still thinks it unfair. No doubt they have no concept of capitalism:mysmilie_17:

And Birkenstocks once again, poster told they left but they want them back. And because Molton Brown left and came back to QVC they want Birkenstocks to do the same. It was pointed out that no doubt Molton Brown was given a very good deal to make them return. Why do these people not realize that you can buy in quite a few other places? No doubt it is the lure of easy pay and they just cannot get their heads around buying and paying in one go.

Don’t tell these Facebook posting idiots that they can actually save money and usually get free P&P when buying elsewhere than their beloved QVC.Isn’t it a bit sad that some people have so much time to engage in this dialogue? A bit like spending precious minutes of your life reading the Presenter’s blogs.

Don’t tell these Facebook posting idiots that they can actually save money and usually get free P&P when buying elsewhere than their beloved QVC.Isn’t it a bit sad that some people have so much time to engage in this dialogue? A bit like spending precious minutes of your life reading the Presenter’s blogs.

Absolutely. However, I thought the following question was particularly bad even for a 'Facebook posting idiot' - "How to get my four digit pin please to register?" :thinking:

Her reply:

Whaaaaaaaat?:mysmilie_13:

Why does she even give a shite? Needs to reassess her priorities......

Ms Huntley the Elder doing her customary trick & ordering while at work. The item was limited stock so even more mean spirited than usual.

Do you think they REALLY order, or is it just part of their selling technique? They could easily order before the show if they wanted to, they obviously know what will be on.

Do you think they REALLY order, or is it just part of their selling technique? They could easily order before the show if they wanted to, they obviously know what will be on.

Strato, you've sussed it. Of course they know what's going to be on and whether they want it or not. It's a ploy to make you think "ooooh Catherine wants this so it must be good". Anyway if they want it so much they probably get a freebie and don't even have to buy it, just gushingly pretend they do.

CC

I don't know if it's geniune. However, it's a pathetic way to sell & smacks of desparation & lack of imagination as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back