Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Take Radley last year I had a nose at their sale, it was put up in the Reasons Not To Shop With QVC section. Found a bag I quite liked(I actually have a Radley bag bought in a sale back in 2007 still going strong), it was 60% off then an extra 10% special. So, brought it down to around £80 and I then thought okay go for it. Arrived free shipping and free return label includes beautifully packed in 2 days.

So randomly flicking on QVC the same bag was on offer at £160+ with £6+ shipping. Now this was according to QVC a fantastic offer as the bag was well over £200+ rrp which it was originally on the Radley site. So I actually got the same bag half the fantastic special QVC price and that does not include their shipping.

Radley has great sales. I've got quite a few of their bags; all classics, really well made & beautifully packaged.

I might be at a local outlet tomorrow and last time I was there Radley had opened a store. If its still there I could be tempted.

I usually get good value at TK Maxx. A Gigi navy and tan leather bag down from £115 to £34.99. Not quite a design to set the world alight but it is more of a classic and I know from previous ones it will wear well.

Went to the Radley outlet and despite the sale posters I’m fairly sure the prices were lower last visit without a sale but dithered over 2 priced at £99 but neither really really grabbed me so I walked away. Nearly everything was priced at £89/99

Someone has asked if Cozee Home shams will be available soon because she's been waiting since Halloween & needs them for herself & friends. Unfortunately Liam x has told her that they are not going to be restocked & did the nebulous thing about something similar in the future. This is her reply:
'Just wondering would it be possible for QVC to order Me 2 sets of two as a good will jester as a one off I've ordered quite a lot of the matching Bedspreads for friends Thank you' :RpS_huh:

Someone has asked if Cozee Home shams will be available soon because she's been waiting since Halloween & needs them for herself & friends. Unfortunately Liam x has told her that they are not going to be restocked & did the nebulous thing about something similar in the future. This is her reply:
'Just wondering would it be possible for QVC to order Me 2 sets of two as a good will jester as a one off I've ordered quite a lot of the matching Bedspreads for friends Thank you' :RpS_huh:

She’ll be lucky.

So she is having a laugh!:RpS_laugh:

OOPS, They Did It Again.

So Laura Geller show and the French Vanilla product. On air Sarah Jager said you get two. Woman ordered and got only one. She complaints and someone mentions another person also only got one though it was clearly stated you got two. QVC saying no you get one and saying return for a refund. I don't blame her for being unhappy, she does not want to return it/

Radley has great sales. I've got quite a few of their bags; all classics, really well made & beautifully packaged.

I have had a run of buying several Radley bags in their sales I have now had to put a STOP on myself.They arrive free p&p in super quick time very well packaged.I would not buy from QVC although I did buy a TSV, lovely bag but just too big & heavy for me.Cost a fortune to return and then went walkabout for 2 weeks!

I have had a run of buying several Radley bags in their sales I have now had to put a STOP on myself.They arrive free p&p in super quick time very well packaged.I would not buy from QVC although I did buy a TSV, lovely bag but just too big & heavy for me.Cost a fortune to return and then went walkabout for 2 weeks!

Ooh, I recognise that STOP too.

TKmax are very good for Radley to and no postage costs

I really like TKMaxx but ours seem to have 90% black 5% colours which are off the chart (and I like a coloured bag!) so it’s not often they have something for me. I haven’t seen any Kipling for ages.

OOPS, They Did It Again.

So Laura Geller show and the French Vanilla product. On air Sarah Jager said you get two. Woman ordered and got only one. She complaints and someone mentions another person also only got one though it was clearly stated you got two. QVC saying no you get one and saying return for a refund. I don't blame her for being unhappy, she does not want to return it/

This was on the Beauty channel yesterday, Sarah said it was a duo & brought another one into shot, she was corrected, fairly quickly, by Katy Pullinger who laughed about the effect her words had on the producer & said that it was a duo because it had a brush. I assume this wasn't the original airing that must have been presented by a tat peddler who hadn't done her preparation & people in the gallery who were also incompetent.

Oops we now have McDonaldgate. Apparently JMcD called rival products Shitty! Lots saying he was also like this when it was once suggested putting YC tea lights in his thingy. Posters saying his stuff isn’t that well made.

Oops we now have McDonaldgate. Apparently JMcD called rival products Shitty! Lots saying he was also like this when it was once suggested putting YC tea lights in his thingy. Posters saying his stuff isn’t that well made.

Uh oh, JM will be on a sticky wicket. The Dutch guy that used to present that Gark rake thing once said it was good for picking up "doggy ****". Never saw him again after that, which was a shame as he was a nice guy. I do remember Miceal nearly fainting with the shock :RpS_lol: I also remember Mally saying something about wearing her makeup then "all the men will want to have sex with you" ha ha ha ha and what about Kaena Kirk saying something about "fanny" when she meant bum :RpS_thumbsup: I'll need to remember some more.

CC

Fanny is not really used in the UK and it means more at the front of the female body. They say butt for bum in the US.

I own a lipstick from NARS called Fanny after Fanny Briss(sp)who was Funny Girl

Uh oh, JM will be on a sticky wicket. The Dutch guy that used to present that Gark rake thing once said it was good for picking up "doggy ****". Never saw him again after that, which was a shame as he was a nice guy. I do remember Miceal nearly fainting with the shock :RpS_lol: I also remember Mally saying something about wearing her makeup then "all the men will want to have sex with you" ha ha ha ha and what about Kaena Kirk saying something about "fanny" when she meant bum :RpS_thumbsup: I'll need to remember some more.

CC

CC you've reduced me to tears of near hysterical laughter. I can vaguely remember a conversation between Joan Rivers (I miss her) & Dave Bradford about what to do to attract gay men, he was in his element. Lenny Feinberg also made a comment about flying a missing plane which was at the time the top news item was about the Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared - tactless & tacky.

CC
A few years ago one of the girls who did some of the early make up tutorials on YouTube (Lauren Luke?) bought out a make up range and went on Q to sell it.
She described one of the colours as being “like when you squash a bug” . She was never on Q again.

Uh oh, JM will be on a sticky wicket. The Dutch guy that used to present that Gark rake thing once said it was good for picking up "doggy ****". Never saw him again after that, which was a shame as he was a nice guy. I do remember Miceal nearly fainting with the shock :RpS_lol: I also remember Mally saying something about wearing her makeup then "all the men will want to have sex with you" ha ha ha ha and what about Kaena Kirk saying something about "fanny" when she meant bum :RpS_thumbsup: I'll need to reme

Latest posts

Back